I Don't Belong Here

I Cannot Keep It

Addie's POV.

Well, that left me shocked and speechless.

"Then...What do you want?" I asked cautiously, narrowing my eyes just the slightest bit.

"Well, you...and Brian," Matt said, averting my eyes as I sat back down, "obviously aren't working out, so I don't think that it should interfere with your work, so on behalf of Avenged Sevenfold, we're sorry, and in the whole time that you helped us plan and everything, thank you."

"So," I began, confused, "You're not asking me to come back."

"No. Why?"

"Just clarifying," I said nonchalantly. "And thank you for not being a bitch. It really was nice meeting you again, Matt."

"Y'know, I bet the guys would've come down, too, with the exception of Brian," he mumbled the last part, "except, we've just been together for so long, and even though we were friends in high school, it's just all so different now, now that we're all grown-up and shit, you know? So, I'm - "

"Matt, seriously," I grinned, standing up. He stood up as well, and we walked out to the front office. I continued, "It's okay. I understand. All awkwardness aside, it was nice working with you. I'll see you around."

A clean break.

All I needed.

I took a deep breath, smiled, glad that I was finally out of that whole...situation with Brian, and turned around and headed for my office.

"Wait, Ads," Matt called behind me. I began to feel a tad irritated. Again.

"Yeah?" I turned around; he was walking towards me, and hooked his arm onto my elbow.

I continued walking towards my office, with the lead singer of Avenged Sevenfold latched onto my arm.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

I looked up at Matt. Then grimaced.

I reached up to pull his aviators off, and hooked them onto his shirt.

"As a close friend, I have a right to see your fuckin' eyes, Matt."

He laughed, and said, "Whatever, man. But seriously, are you gonna be okay?"

"Matt," I said, unhooking my arm from his grasp, "Not trying to be rude, but why do you care?"

"Look, Addie. Remember high school? I wasn't there for you when Brian - uh, when you and Brian broke up - " I rolled my eyes " -and that was a dick head move. So, I wanna be here for you now."

"Thanks for the gesture, but I don't think I'll be needing it. If I do, I'll call you, yeah?" I asked, looking around my desk.

"Alright. You sure?"

"Yes, Matt. Okay, Brian is a jerk. I'm over it, and I'm over him," I stated simply.

I finally found what I was looking for.

"Matt, here," I handed him five paper-filled manilla envelopes.

"What the hell is all of this?" he asked incredulously.

"I...had set up a lot of stuff for you guys. Most of this is unfinished, but I bet you could finish it all on your own with your new producer. Have you found one yet?"

"No."

"I'll find one for you. A good one. Fred Archambault. Oh, yeah, he's a really good sound engineer, too."

"Sweet. You're awesome, Ads."

"I know," I laughed. "So. I'll call you when I have everything scheduled out. I'll see you later, Matt," I hugged him good-bye.

He smiled and nodded, and turned around, heading towards the door.

"Uh, Addie?"

"Yeah?" I had already sat down, and I didn't take my eyes off the planner on my desk as Matt asked, "D'you wanna go out with me to a dinner or a movie or something later?"
♠ ♠ ♠
HAHAHAHAHA.

don'tcha just wanna tear my guts out?
comment [I'm thinking 4?] !
and FACK.
school in dos dias.
:[