Exposed In Lights

Move your car

The next morning it was hot outside again, that immediately put me in a good mood. I pulled on a pair of red flannel pyjama pants over my underwear and picked up Nick’s crumpled white v-neck from the floor and slipped it back on.

When I walked out of my room I could smell eggs and spices so I paced up towards the kitchen. My glorious boy friend was carefully placing an omelette onto a white plate with a green herb in the middle of it, a glass of orange juice sat still on the island bar with a set of cutlery beside it.

“What’s all this?” I couldn’t wipe the grin off my face as I sat down on the stool.

Nick grabbed a hold of the plate and placed it in front of me, “Can’t a boy friend cook his girl friend breakfast?”

I got a hold of the tomato sauce and squirted it all over the omelette. “Yes, he can but it’s usually when he’s done something wrong.”

I cut off a large section of it and shoved it into my mouth. “Well?” Nick smirked sitting on the counter next to my plate.

“It’s lovely, thank you.” He kissed my cheek and set off with washing up the pans and plates he used to make it. “So, why’d you make me breakfast?” I asked as I ate the last bite, my stomach groaned in protest, “Ugh, I ate that too fast.” I chugged down some orange juice and set to helping Nick dry the pots.

Nick batted my hands away, “I’ll do it.” He told me, I shoved him back.

“I want to help.” I grabbed a tea towel and began drying the pots as Nick put them away. “You still haven’t answered my question.” I reminded him.

He smiled at me, “Must you question my motives? I just wanted to make you breakfast is all.”

“Well,” I handed him a stack of plates, “You are the most incredible and thoughtful person I know.”

He placed the plates into the cupboards and walked over to me, I opened my arms for a hug but I got a shock when he took my legs from under me and dangled me over his shoulder, my stomach did not feel good. I groaned, “I’ve just ate, put me down.”

Nick swiftly obeyed and swung me back onto the floor, my hair flicked into my face and Nick began picking it out of my eye lashes and out of my mouth. “What do you want to do today then?”

“Shower.” I told him and sniffed my arm pits, “Not bad.”

“That’s attractive.” I smiled at his use of my words, “We’re meeting up with a bunch of friends to play baseball, the band has flown over and Coach is over with Maya later.”

“What about Danielle?” I was confused as to why everyone was there and she wasn’t.

“She’ll be there, Kevin’s gone to pick her up. You are playing right? I mean I need you on my team.” He asked with a stern look.

“Of course.” I smiled.

“Good, wear white.” He smiled and kissed my gently

“Lush, I’ll go get ready.”

I ran up the stairs and into my room, I showered quickly and then dried my hair. I tied it all back into a pony tail and then layered some foundation on my face then put eye liner around my eyes but I covered them with a pair of bright pink rimmed Wayfarer style sun glasses with black lenses.

I wore a white v neck top over a white sports bra and a pair of men’s long, navy Yankees shorts. I pulled some ankle socks on then wore a pair of trainers I hardly ever get the chance to wear; a pair of Steve Madden neon high tops. I loved them.

The first thing Nick said to me when I stepped outside was; “Can you run in those shoes?”

I laughed at him, “Yes.” I picked up Elvis and put him into the back of Nick’s Mustang. I noticed all the bags in the back seat and the fact Maya had stolen the front seat. “I’ll ride with Joe. Hey Maya!” I said with a smile.

She grinned and waved at me, “Bonjour!”

I swiftly kissed Nick’s nose then his lips, “I’ll see you there.”

I climbed into the passenger side of Joe’s massive Mercedes jeep and pulled out my black Blackberry Bold. I watched Joe walk over to the car over the top of my sun glasses then flashed him a smile when he pulled open the car door and jumped in. He slammed the door shut and started the engine.

“Seat belt.” He smirked. I rolled my eyes and buckled my self in then continued to email Bee on my Blackberry. “You playing?”

“Yeah, I’m guessing you’re on my team judging by the white.” I picked his shirt from his chest and let it fall back, “What CD do you have in?”

I switched on the radio and then changed it to the CD, “This is going to be embarrassing.”

I waited as the first track loaded then burst out laughing when the start to my own song began to play. I watched his cheeks turn slightly pink as he tried to focus on driving. To save his ego I switched it off and looked into the compartment between our seats, I pulled out Coldplay’s album ‘Viva la Vida’ and put it in.

I sung along whilst playing brick breaker on my Blackberry. Joe and I sung along to the CD all the way there, when we arrived we didn’t expect to see paparazzi across the street taking pictures. I pushed my sun glasses up my nose and gathered my things, Joe opened the car door for me and I jumped out.

“Thanks.” I ruffled his hair and skipped over to where Nick was. “Want some help?” I asked seeing him and Maya struggling to carry everything.

“Can you grab Elvis?” Nick asked me.

I leaned into his car and grabbed Elvis’s leash and he jumped from the car. “Come on boy.” The golden dog let out a bark when he saw the cameras, I looked over to them and smiled. “Nasty people.” I whispered to Elvis. “Danielle!”

“Julia!” Elvis got excited and tugged me over to Danielle, I gave her a long hug when I reached her. “This is Lucy, Kevin got me her.”

I looked down at the little grey dog on the floor. I never liked little dogs so I figured a few little white lies wouldn’t matter, “She’s cute, come on lets go see everyone.”

I greeted the band and a few other people who had come. Maya, Danielle and I sat on the bleachers together while the boys got rounded up, “How come you’re not playing?” I asked Danielle who was in normal clothes.

“Because I just got off a flight.” She chuckled and pulled out her camera, “I’m documenting this, smile.”

I leaned into the frame of the camera and stuck my tongue out to the side. Danielle snapped the pictures and we all giggled at it. “Julia, Maya come on!” Nick shouted.

“Good luck.”

Nick, Joe and I were all on the same team which was pressure. Both were very competitive and had already warned me I had to help them win this game. We were batting first and of course Nick wanted to go first, I watched him get three bases around and then Joe stepped up to the plate.

After John Taylor it was my go, I tossed my sun glasses to the side and eyed Jack who was pitching. I brought the bat up over my shoulder and got a tighter grip, my eyes locked on the ball and nothing else. I focused on that and it seemed to be in almost slow motion when it came to me. I swung my bat with as much force as I could and as soon as I felt it connect with the bat I flung it behind my and ran. My team cheered me on as I ran over the second base. I didn’t dare take a chance of looking behind me and listened to my team’s cheers to keep going.

“Speed it!” I heard Nick shout, I stretched my legs out as far as they could go and slid across the dusty surface onto the final base. When I heard cheers I knew my feet had hit the base and just a second after the ball landed in Garbo’s hands.

I stood up and did a celebration back flip and bowed out of it. I jogged over to my team and gave them all high fives. I brushed the dust off my shorts and legs then continued to watch the game.

We switched over and it was our turn at fielding, we all worked well as a team and ended up completely demolishing the other team. I was still filled with energy at the end of the game so I played with Elvis and Frankie while Nick and Joe talked. I watched as Frankie chased after Elvis with a smile then flashed my smile at Maya who was jogging over to me.

“They’re talking about you.” Maya smirked, “Nick’s mad at Joe.”

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest, “What’s he saying?” I peered over her shoulder at them. Joe had his hands shoved into his pockets and Nick was holding his bag over his shoulder and was talking.

“I don’t know, Joe was talking about how he talked to you yesterday when you were in the bathroom or something.” She shrugged.

“This is ridiculous, I was shaving my legs talking to a close friend. Nick needs to back off Joe.”

“I don’t know… he’s just really protective.” Maya said with a small smile, “It’s just how he is.”

I looked over at him, Joe was talking to Kevin near the cars and Nick was talking on his phone. “Do you think I should mention it?”

“I don’t think it’s worth the argument. But that’s just my opinion.” She grabbed my wrist and looked at the time, “Come on let’s go Frankie!” She called.

Frankie handed me Elvis’s leash and he ran off with Maya. I walked over to where Nick was and stopped in front of him, “Ready to go?”

He handed me my shades which I placed on my face then he stood up. “You’re riding with me.”

I nodded and walked with him to his car. I placed Elvis in the back seat and then climbed into the front passenger’s seat. I busied my self with my Blackberry on the drive back to the house and Nick focused on driving. I didn’t fail to notice how tightly he was gripping the steering wheel or the fact he was biting his lip a lot. Nick paused and looked at me.

That momentary pause almost cost us our lives. My breath caught in my throat but a gasp erupted viciously, “Nick!” I shouted loudly. My eyes focused on the black car coming up a one way street towards us. Nick slammed on the breaks. I swung my hand behind the seat to hold Elvis in place. He slid forward and I pushed him back against the seat as well as I could.

For one frightful moment I closed my eyes, not daring to look if the car was still vastly approaching us. I waited for the impact but it never came. I didn’t dare take my hand from Elvis’s coat in case something would happen. I felt Nick’s hand pull my robotic arm away from Elvis.

My eyes snapped open, “Are you okay?” I asked him, he nodded with a furious expression then stepped out of the car.

I sat quietly in the car as I watched Nick talk to the person, I recognised who it was after a moment and stepped out the car. I walked over to him and quietly muttered in his ear; “Nick, it’s a paparazzi just leave it. No one died, no one is hurt.”

“It?” The paparazzi exclaimed, I rolled my eyes and tugged Nick away.

“Move your car.” Nick scowled and followed me as I walked to the car, he held open the car door and closed it once I got in.

I pulled out my Blackberry and answered emails with shaking fingers to kill the awkwardness as we sat waiting for the car to back out of the one way street. The drive home was filled with anger and angst. Although it wasn’t said, we both knew we had a lot of talking to do.

As soon as we pulled up I climbed out the car, not waiting for him to open my door like he usually does, and tugged Elvis from the back seat. I threw my bag over my shoulder and waited for Nick to get his bags from the boot. Once he had came by my side we walked into the house together.

I let Elvis off his leash and he went running towards the kitchen, I guessed he wanted a drink. “I’ll be in my room.” I quietly said to Nick. He nodded at me and walked in the direction Elvis had run.

I climbed the wooden stair case and mechanically made my way to the empty room. I picked up my pyjamas from the floor and folded them. I dropped them at the foot of my bed and plugged my phones in to charge them.

Nick knocked on the open door and stepped in once I had turned around. I sat down at the desk in the far left corner and bit my lip. “Hey.” His voice was hoarse.

“I don’t want to argue with you anymore.” I told him, crossing my legs under me, I glanced up at him to find him deep in thought.

“Do you think I want to argue with you? I just… I can’t work you what you want from me.” He seemed reluctant to tell me that much but I was confused.

He sat down on my bed so I stood up and went to sit next to him. “I don’t understand what you mean?”

Nick turned to me and stroked my face, “I don’t understand why you’re with me.”

I leaned into his hand with a content smile, turning my head I pressed my lips to his hand then turned back to look at him. “Why wouldn’t I be with you?” He pushed his fingers into my hair and moved them around on my scalp. “You’re smart, funny, deep, loving, just everything I could ever want. I’m pretty sure I never want to be without you.”

I looked into his glorious eyes, the way the light was shining on them made them seem to glisten and looked to be never ending. His plum lips were opened slightly revealing his perfectly crooked teeth. “Let’s go.”

I smiled and leaned forward. Our cheeks lay against each other with my hand playing with the curls at the nape of his neck, his held onto to side of my neck. “Go where?” I asked him quietly, breathing against his neck and each.

Nick leaned away with a slight smile and simply said; “Away.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I had no where to go with this story so I spiced it up a bit. Let me know what you think they're going to to!

If I hit 300 comments I will probably pee my self. I'm only 16 comments away. Thank you so much to everyone who never fails to commet and a special shout out to 'gearhah' who always gives me amazing reviews.

Comment here please!