Have You Ever?

See You Later, Cinderella

Knock! Knock!
“ I’ll get it!” I yelled as I ran down the steps. I had about 2 hours until the homecoming party started so I was only expecting one person: My best friend Nadine.
I opened the door and saw her standing there with her outfit, make up, and hair supplies in hand.
“ Are you gonna stand there staring or are you gonna let me in?” She asked rhetorically.
“ Oops. Sorry.”
I stepped aside so she could walk through. She was wearing pajama bottoms and a purple tank top. If any body came now, it would be weird. Especially, since I was in my robe.
I grabbed her makeup case from her and we walked upstairs to my room.
“ Ready to get dressed?” She asked.
“ Yep.”
XXX
I had to admit, I cleaned up good. My hair was half up and half down with a hump on it. Today it actually decided to behave, and not one piece of hair was out of place. Nadine ended up doing my make up. She did that smokey eye look on my eyes and a nude lipgloss on my lips. The outfit I was wearing was bought from my favorite store Vanity. I was wearing a dark gray shirt that had loose sleeves and a tight middle section. It had a picture of a feather on it. I paired the shirt with blue skinny jeans and red lace up pumps. Like I said, I cleaned up nice.
The door to my bathroom opened and out came Nadine. Her brown hair was curled in tight curls. She had on silver eye shadow which highlighted her eyes perfectly. She was wearing a black tank top dress that had a dash of sliver going across a section of black making it look like a zebra stripes with dark, faded, flare blue jeans.
“ I can’t get these freakin’ shoes on!” She exclaimed.
She put on foot on and tried to slip on the shoe, but ended falling on my floor. We burst out laughing.
“ It would probably help if you sat down, chick. And try not to rip the jeans before the party. I don’t think we have time to change.”
She sat on my bed and slipped her black pumps on.
“So who did you invite to the party?” Nadine asked me.
“ Well, everybody from school is automatically invited, so the only new people you will see here is our new next door neighbors.”
Nadine raised an eyebrow up at me.
“ New boys? Next door?”
“ Yeah. There’s three of them. Well, four if you count there baby brother Noah.”
“ And you invited them?”
I sat down on the bed next to her.
“ Yeah, most of them were nice. And you know Charlye would of killed me if I didn’t invite them.”
Nadine smiled.
“ Yeah.”
Just as we said that, Charlye came in the room, looking beautiful as always.
She looked more casual than dressy. She has on black high heeled boots with fur on the top with dark denim jeans tucked in. She had on a yellow shirt that said “ Shoes, Boys, and Money” on it in purple, with a purple leather jacket on. Her hair was straightened, making it go down to the bottom of her back. Her make up consisted of purple and yellow eye shadow blended in with a clear lip gloss. Like I said, Charlye looked perfect as always.
“ You look nice.” I said to Charlye.
“ Thanks. You two look pretty good, too.”
“ So when does the party officially start?” Nadine asked.
“ In about 5 minutes.”
I smiled. Something told me this night was gonna be great. I was just going to have to wait.
XXX
The party was great. It was an hour in it and everybody was having a good time. We had the music set to shuffle on my sisters iPod, which played a good balance of rock, rap, and pop, so everybody was dancing. Somebody brought beer, so people were slowly getting drunk. So far, nobody was insanely out-of-their-mind drunk, so everybody was cool.
I entered the living room and saw Daniel in the corner talking to some girl. He caught me out of the side of his eye and grinned. I smiled back, then mentally slapped myself for smiling. He was the bad brother. The one with the attitude problem, and here I was smiling at him?
I saw him tell the girl to hold on. He walked over to me. My mind raced as I thought of something to do, but before I came up with a plan, he was already right there.
“ Hey.” He said with a smile.
“ Hey. You made it to the party.”
“ Yeah,” He shrugged, “ The word got out.”
I laughed and looked at him. His eyes almost looked black, but when you really looked into them, you could make out the brown.
“ Though I have to say, Latino’s throw better parties.” He said playfully.
“ Oh, yeah?”
“ Yep.”
“ Then I guess your gonna have to take me to one.”
“ I guess so.” He smirked.
I mentally slapped myself again. Was I flirting with him?
You’ve been seeing him
And I know
And I was with her
And you knew about it

I smiled. I loved this song. Jamie Foxx and T.I killed it. Daniel looked at the stereo system, then looked back to me.
“ Do you want to dance?” He asked.
“ Um…I don’t exactly know how.”
“ I’ll teach you.”
You’re Just like me
Shawty all up in the club
Popping bottles of the bub
Giving all them dudes hugs

He led me onto the dance floor.
“ When you dance you have to move your hips.”
“ I’m white. I don’t have hips.”
He laughed and then looked me in the eyes.
“ Trust me. You have hips. If you didn’t I wouldn’t have asked you to dance.”
We smiled at each other as he put his hands on my hips. I swayed them back and forth. Pretty soon, I got used to the beat and began rolling my body. Daniel smiled the whole time. Pretty soon the song was over.
“ You’re a good dancer.”
“ Thanks.”
We stopped and looked at each other. I saw him lick his lips slowly. For a second, I thought he wanted me to kiss him. I leaned in to do so but I heard some one yell my name.
“ Crystina!”
I turned around my sister was there, glaring at me.
“ Yeah, Charlye?”
“ Go upstairs and clear the rooms. I don’t want any body doing anything I wouldn’t do up there.”
I turned around and gave Daniel an apologizing look then went up stairs. I wondered what wrong with Charlye. As far as I know, I didn’t do anything to upset her.
I started clearing out the rooms one by one, until the only room left was mine. I opened my door, expecting to see couples making out on my bed like I did in all the other rooms, but instead I saw Christian laying down on my bed listening to my iPod. He looked up at me and smiled. It seemed that all the Lopez boys loved smiling.
“ Hey.”
“ Hey. What are you doing in my room?” I asked.
“ Oh. Sorry. I just needed some place quiet to chill for a little bit. I was getting a headache.”
“ Oh.”
We looked around the room awkwardly for a little until Christian finally spoke again.
“ I’m sorry. This is your room. I should leave.” He got up and put my iPod softly on my bed.
“ No, you don’t have to.”
I walked over toward him, picked up my iPod, turned it on, and sat down on my bed.
“ What song were you listening to?”
“ Hipbones and Microphones by Cute Is What We Aim For. “
“ That’s a good song” I agreed.
I tried to find another good song on my iPod. I could feel Christian staring at me this time. I didn’t mind it. In fact, it actually made me feel good, in a weird sort of way.
“ Crystina, your beautiful, do you know that?”
I looked at him with a shocked expression on my face.
“ What?”
“ Your beautiful. You hide your self to much. “
His hazel eyes gazed into mine, like they were searching for something. Something that he knew existed, but I didn’t. He shook his head, making his hair flop all over the place.
“ I’m sorry. That was random. I should have kept it to myself.”
“ No, it’s okay.”
“ Crystina?” Someone said. I looked at my doorway and saw Nadine. Her brown eyes were locked on Christian.
“ Yeah?”
She blinked a few times, snapping out of her daze.
“ Oh, um, Charlye is downstairs. She wants you for something.”
“ Again? “
“ I guess so.” I was going to ask Nadine for answers but she was too busy staring at Christian.
“ Sorry Christian. I’ll talk to you tomorrow at school.”
“ Okay.”
I walked out of my room. I planned to have a little talk to Charlye later about how rude it is to bother me when I’m about to kiss a boy. Or boys for that matter. I walked passed our balcony and noticed that somebody was on it.
I slid open the glass doors.
“ No one’s allowed upstairs, you have to-”
I was going to say something more, but then I noticed it was TJ.
“ Oh, it’s you.”
He gave me a puzzling look and smiled.
“ Yeah, it’s me.”
I walked closer to the balcony.
“ It’s beautiful up here.” TJ said to nobody in particular.
“ Yeah it is. I haven’t had time to enjoy it though.”
“ Why?” He asked.
I sighed, “ Because my sister has been running me around like Cinderella.”
He laughed slightly and looked at me. I noticed how handsome he was. I smiled of him. I guess when you were around the Lopez boys, you had no choice but to smile.
“ Well, don’t worry about it. Pretty soon she’ll be going to college right.”
“ Yeah.”
We stayed silent for a moment, but it wasn’t an awkward silent. It was a relaxed silence. We were both too busy looking at the stars to say anything.
“ Oh, “ TJ said, breaking the silence, “ My mother wanted to invite you and your family to a dinner the day after tomorrow.”
“ Okay, I’ll tell my mom.”
“ Crystina!”
I cringed as I heard Charlye calling for me.
“ I think I have to go.” I said to TJ. He smiled.
“ Alright. Bye, Cinderella.”
“ Bye TJ.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading! And 6 subscribers for the first chapter? That's awesome!