Have You Ever?

Knock On Wood

Have you ever had a moment that you were running so fast that, for a split second, you felt that you were flying? Riding a motorcycle was just like that, but even better.
The people zoomed by, slightly blurry making it hard to make out the faces. I grabbed on to TJ tighter and we rounded the corners. My hair was blowing ferociously around my face, but I didn’t care. This was just the high I needed. A little something to get me away from the drama that happened this morning with Charlye.
TJ parked the bike in a parking place close to the school entrance when we got there.
“ So, how did you like the ride?” He asked with a smirk as he took off his helmet.
“ It was…exhilarating. Thanks for the ride. It really did help me.”
“ Glad to be of service.” He said taking off my helmet. I could feel a few of my hairs standing out of place because of the wind. Before I had the chance to fix it myself, TJ gently ran his fingers through my hair, putting it back in to place.
I was literally, speechless. All I did was look into those green eyes that looked into mine with curiosity. I smiled and he returned it.
“ I better go to class, huh?” He said, still smiling.
“ Um…sure.” I said nervously. I was new at this whole…thing. Whatever it was. I wish Charlye wasn’t mad at me right now, just so she could give me some pointers on what to do.
TJ smiled and waved at me one last time before walking into the building.
Just as he left, Nadine showed up. She looked at me weird, like there was an elephant behind me or something.
“ Why are you smiling?” She finally asked me when we got to our lockers.
“ I’m smiling?” I frowned. I felt my face relax.
Was I smiling?
“ Your smiling more than the joker.”
She reached into her locker and brought out a book. She looked and me then did double take, dropping her book in the process.
“ I’ll help you with that.” A voice said softly behind me. I turned around and saw Christian. He reached down, picked up Nadine’s book and looked at me.
“ Hey.”
“ Hey. Um…This is my friend Nadine.”
He turned back to Nadine who was just standing there, looking at Christian blankly.
“ Hi. I’m Christian.”
He waved at herand returned his attention back to me.
“ So, did you tell your mom about the dinner tomorrow?”
“ Um…Yeah, we might go. I’ll let you know.”
“ Yeah. Oh, and Alex, I was wondering, if you would like to go on a da-”
“ Hey Christian!” A boy across the hall called. Christian sighed and looked at me apologetically.
“ Um…I’ll talk to you later, okay?”
“ Okay.”
He smiled at me, reminding me how cute he was. He walked away to his friend, leaving me and Nadine alone.
“ Who is that?” Nadine asked me.
“ That’s Christian, one of the new boys next door. You met him yesterday.”
“ Yes, but I didn’t actually meet him.” She said with a dazed look on her face as she watched him go talk to his friend. I got a strange feeling in her gut as I watched her watch him. Then I finally put 2 and 2 together. Since when was Nadine quiet? And since when did she start staring at people, or rather, a certain person whenever he was around.
I got my book out of my locker and looked at Nadine, who was smiling at absolutely nothing. She probably looked just like I had earlier.
“ Hey, Nadine,” I said as I closed my locker, “ Do you like Christian?”
“ Yeah, a little.” She was going to say something else but then her mouth dropped open. “ Wait…how did you know?”
I looked at her and just smiled, returning a funny look from her in return. I headed to my next class, hoping the rest of the day would go just as good as this morning.
XXX
When I got home Charlye was still in her little funk. I love my sister, I really do, but sometimes she could be so selfish! I was tired of being mad at her. Or rather, having her ignore every word I say, and when she did talk to me it was mumbled answers. I went into her room, quietly, hoping to have a little talk with her.
She was laying on her bed with her iPod earbuds in her ears, softly singing the lyrics to Misery Business by Paramore.
Woah
I never meant to brag
But, I’ve gotten what I wanted now,
Oh,
It was never my intention to brag
To steal it all away from you now

She was going to sing the next line, but she spotted me standing in her doorway. Her eye’s narrowed as she pressed pause on her iPod and looked up at me.
“ What do you want?” She asked.
“ You act like I’m the devil.”
“ In some ways, you are. No what do you want?”
“ I was wondering if we could talk? Just for a little bit?”
He glare softened slightly.
“ Sure.”
I walked in her perfect room. It used to be my mom and dad’s room, but my mom got divorced, so she let Charlye have it. It seemed Charlye got whatever she wanted, just because she wanted it. It almost made me want to storm out of her room and forget about apologizing. But, I decided it was the right thing to do, and sat in a chair that was in front of her window.
“ Look, Charlye, I just wanted to apologize for whatever it is I did to you. But, you should go over the Lopez’s house tomorrow. They’re nice people, and you’ll get along with the boys.” I said in the nicest voice possible.
She sighs and looks at me like I bored her.
“ Is that it?”
“ Um…Yeah.”
“ Okay,” She said turning her iPod on. I could hear Misery Business busting out of the ear buds, so it was obvious that she wasn’t going to listen to anymore I had to say.

And that angered me.
I got of the chair and stormed up to her, yanking the earbuds from her ears. Her face flew up at me so fast, you would have thought that she would get whiplash form performing a task so quickly.
“ Look Charlye!” I screamed. Even if she had the earbuds in, she would still hear me. “ I have been nothing but a nice sister to you and your going around, acting like a bitch for no damn reason! So, you are going to stop walking around like someone just screwed you over and get over it!”
I threw the earbuds at her and stormed back in my room, slamming the door behind me. I really didn’t want to yell at Charlye like that, but she was being so frustrating! I threw my self on my bed. Next time I say something’s going to be a great day, remind me to knock on wood.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, another short chapter. I've been very busy this week and didn't have time to post this sooner. But, comments will help it arrive alot faster.... :)