Have You Ever?

Dibs

“ So, how did the dinner with the brothers go?” Nadine asked me as we made our way to English Lit. It was one of the two classes that I had with TJ. Christian and Daniel were in a different grade then I was, so I didn’t have an classes with them.
“ It was good. Not the big disaster that I was expecting.”
“ Oh. That’s nice.”
We entered the classroom to see TJ sitting in the back. There were two empty desks on each side of him, so me and Nadine sat there.
“ Hey.” TJ waved to me and Nadine.
“ Hey, what’s up?” I asked.
“ Not much. I have to tell you something though. Or rather, Christian has something to ask you.”
“ What is it?”
“ I don’t know. But he told me to tell you that-”
“ Well, Taylor, since you seem oh-so-eager to talk, we’ll let you have the honor of saying your essay first.” Mr. Dore said as he walked in the room.
“ I guess I’ll have to tell you later.” TJ said with a smirk, as he walked to the front of the room.
I think it was then that I noticed how incredibly handsome TJ was. Well…Not just TJ, but all the Lopez boys in general. It just started with TJ.
As he walked up to the front of the room, every girl (and some guys) started at him in utter admiration. I looked at Nadine, and even she seemed to be staring at him.
TJ began reciting his essay, totally unaware of the eyes that were wandering all over his body. I felt a piece a paper land on my desk. I opened and read it:

Hey, Crystina. What do you think Christian had to ask you?
Um…I don’t really know. What do you think it is?
Well…I don’t either really. Do you have feelings for him?
That’s a hard question. Sorta and sorta not. Do you?
…Yeah…

That was all I needed to know.
Nadine was afraid that Christian would ask me out (which was a very low possibility), when she liked him.

You know if he asked me out I wouldn’t say yes right? Especially when I know you like him. You called him first, and you’ll get him. Matter-of-fact, I’ll try to hook you two up.
‘Kay. Thanks. I was just worried. You know?
Yeah, well don’t be.


I looked back up at TJ after I sent the note to Nadine. Truth was, I didn’t know which brother I actually liked best, or if they even liked me. I shook my head, shaking the thoughts out along with it. It was best not to worry about these things, because in the end, someone will only end up getting hurt.
XXX
When I was walking home after school, Christian managed to catch up with me on his skateboard.
“ Hey, Crystina.” I looked to see glide by me, hopping of the board once he was at my pace.
“ Hey. TJ said that you had to tell me something.”
Christian smiled an easy, laid-back, smile. Like a grin, but way more relaxed and sloppy.
“ Yeah.”
“ Well, go ahead and ask.”
I smiled jokingly at him, trying to copy the relaxed smile he kept on his face. I knew I failed at my desperate attempt, but it was worth the try anyway.
“ Would you like to hang out with me this weekend?”
“…”
I stopped walking. Well, I think I stopped walking. I couldn’t tell whether my feet were moving or if I was standing at a standstill.
I know I told Nadine that if Christian did ask me out (which I wasn’t expecting to be fair) I would tell him no. But, now that he actually asked me, I feel different. It’s like those Saturday morning cartoons where the characters have the angel and devil on their shoulders, telling them what to do. My devil (who is making a good argument) is telling me to say yes, while the angel is guilt tripping me (which is really unfair) into saying no.
“ Christian, I like you a lot, but Nadine likes you…”
He threw me a confused look.
“ So?”
“ So, Nadine’s my best friend. I’m not going to go on a date with you after she called dibs.”
“ Dibs?” He said with disbelief. “Is that what girl’s do now? Call dibs when they like a guy?” He sighed. “ And girls say we’re players.”
He continued walking at a pretty fast pace. I paused for a moment, a little bit confused myself, before running to catch up with him.
“ Christian, I really like you, but-”
“ But what, Crystina? If you like me, then go on the date with me. Don’t just hand me over to your friend. Plus, if she’s a true friend she will understand.”
I stopped walking again, thinking this over. Nadine should understand. I mean, she knows that I’ve never been on a date in my life. She’s been on dates. That should clarify my situation enough for her.
“ Fine.” I said, continuing to walk. “ Pick me up at 8.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I think this is the shortest chapter in this story. Next chapter, I might throw in a girl fight and a very romantic date, but only if you comment. :)