Status: Active

Strained Love

Chapter Five

Joe's POV

My life has changed drastically in the last few days. Esme has become my everything. I don't ever want to leave her side, I'm always scared she's going to break down. Surprisingly she hasn't yet though. We bought a condo together trying to spend as much time together as possible and plus my parents house was a bit too small for the whole family, and Esme.

Ever since she moved in she seems better, well considering. I have decided to take off from work for the next year, my boss is fine with it. He is a very understanding guy. Back to Esme... I really hope we can find some kind of cure or medicine anything to keep her with me.

My big plans at the moment are to take her to Australia. She has always dreamed of going there and I think it will be good for her to get out of Dallas. We will probably be gone about a month. I hope we can get around to everything that my travel agent has recommended. This is one thing that is important to Esme and I WILL make it come true.

We're leaving tomorrow so at the moment I am packing, along side Esme.

"Hey Joe, what do you think of this to wear on the plane?" She held up a pair of Nike black shorts and a royal blue v-neck. "I really don't know how long it's going to be and how long we're going to be sitting in an airport. Or if the airplane seats are comfortable, considering I've never flown before."

I chuckled to myself. "Yeah sweets that's fine. the flight is around 15 hours from Los Angeles, so you're going to want to be comfortable. The airplane seats should be comfortable, sense we have first class, but you never know."

"Oh okay, Thanks sweetie!" She smiled then leaned over and pecked my cheek.

After a long day of packing, we finally decided to call it quits and order in some dinner. I gave Esme a piggy back ride down stairs all the while hearing her giggles and looking back at her. I sat her down on the couch and went to grab the phone.

"So what do you want for dinner, babe?" I asked while coming in to the living room, and sitting down next to Esme.

"Umm, how about... oh I got it. Subway!" She said excitedly.

"Okay sweets!" We've eaten Subway almost everyday she is addicted to the stuff, but if it makes her happy then I'm happy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the delivery man, Ron we're on a first name bases, left Esme and I snuggled up on the couch together, diving into our sandwiches, and watching Peter Pan, her favorite movie. By the end Esme was so tired her eye lids we're closing. All of the sudden I was inspired. Lyrics started popping in my head. I ran into the office ignoring Esme's weird looks. I grabbed a piece of paper and a pencil and began writing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Around an hour later I had a full song.

If time was still
The sun would never never find us
We could light up
The sky tonight
I would see the world through your eyes
Leave it all behind

If it's you and me forever
If it's you and me right now
That'd be alright
Be alright
We're chasing stars to lose our shadow
Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine
So won't you fly with me

Oh yeah
Gotta fly with me now

Now the past
Can come alive
And give it meaning
And a reason
To give all I can
To believe once again

If it's you and me forever
If it's you and me right now
That'd be alright
Be alright
We're chasing stars to lose our shadow
Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine
So won't you fly with me

Maybe you were just afraid
Knowing you were miles away
From the place where you needed to be
And that's right here with me

It's you and me forever
You and me right now
That'd be alright
We're chasing stars to lose our shadow
Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine
So won't you fly with me

If it's you and me forever
If it's you and me right now
I'd be alright
Be alright
We're chasing stars to lose our shadow
Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine
So won't you fly
Fly
Fly
With me


I grabbed my guitar and played it for Esme. She was shocked apparently she forgot i wrote music sometimes. I have been writing a lot lately just because she was in my life and how inspired I was by her. If I was in her situation I would feel sorry for myself all of the time I would never go out and just be with my friends, like Esme and I have been doing for the past week. I wouldn't be able to take the looks she gets from people the pity she gets. I would go up to them and bless them out. Esme on the other hand has control over her temper and her feelings, I don't.

Esme pulled me out of my trance, "Joe that was amazing I didn't know that you we're still writing." She jumped in my lap and squeezed me. "I love you Joe so much. You will never know how truly sorry I am for all of this. When I'm gone you're going to be all alone." She said sadly.

"Hey," I picked up her chin with my index finger, "I will be fine, because you will always be with me right in here." I picked up her small, delicate hand and placed it over my heart, then placed my hand on top of hers. She looked up at me and smiled sweetly. "I love you, Esme."

"I love you too, Joe."

I reached up and placed my hand on her left cheek and pulled her to me. Our lips met in a soft, sweet kiss. after a few moments of very minimal pressure I began to move my lips, hers moving at the perfect rhythm with mine.

We carried on until we both needed a breath. I placed a few pecks on her lips before I picked her up to take her to bed, it was already ten o'clock and we had to be up at five to catch our plane to Los Angeles.

I sat her down on our bed and removed her gray long sleeve shirt and replaced it with one of my old band t-shirts. Her black shorts can next, I then picked her up and placed her further up on the bed where her head rested on the soft ,white pillow. I walked around to the other side of our room and took off my jeans and white v-neck, leaving me in my boxers to sleep.

I got in our king size bed and wrapped my arms around Esme's Small waist from behind. She placed her small, cold hands on my large ones, playing with my knuckles and long fingers. Not long after the only sound in our house was evened out breaths from Esme and low snores from myself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"JOE!" I heard Esme scream from upstairs, I had been making us breakfast including eggs, bacon, and grits.

"Yes sweetie?" I called up the stairs.

"Could you come help me with my suitcases, I can't get them down the stairs?" I chuckled lowly.

"Sure I'm coming, baby." Once I got to her she was breathing heavily on the third step from the top of the stairs. I smiled she works so hard. I glanced at Esme noticing she was still wearing what I put her in last night. Her legs showing in all of there glory made me groan. She was too beautiful for her own good.

Esme didn't realize this but the day she told me she had six months she mentioned sex, we both made a promise to God long ago, but I won't let her miss out on the one way you can be closest to the person you love, I won't myself miss out on it either.
♠ ♠ ♠
<center>*ducks from thrown tomatoes* Sorry it's been so long. </center>
<center>Ohh what's Joe planing? </center>
<center> That's for me to know, and you to find out.</center>
<center> Comment, Predict</center>