Clash Of The Rockbands

A Kiss On The Cheek

Melrose’s POV

I did not just see him do that.

Yeah, you did, Melrose.


“Damn,” I muttered. I knew I couldn’t just let that fly. So, I did what any girlfriend who gives a damn what her boyfriend does would do. I strode over to James, grabbed his arm with an innocent smile, and said, “I need to talk to you.” He nodded and I pulled him out of the backroom of the club Avenged Sevenfold had played at that night and down the hall. I shoved the door at the end open and we stepped out into the cool night air.

“What was that?” I snapped, whirling around to face him the instant he closed the heavy door behind him. James just stared at me, slightly bewildered.

“What?” he asked, frowning a bit.

“Don’t play dumb,” I snapped. “I saw you kiss that fan on the cheek. I SAW IT!”

“Ohhh,” James said. “That.”

“Yes, that,” I snarled.

“It didn’t mean anything.” James said calmly. “I probably just made her day.”

“Let me guess,” I remarked snidely. “Am I supposed to just say, ‘Okay, that’s alright, as long as it didn’t mean anything.’? Is that what I’m supposed to say?”

“I would hope.” James replied.

“Well, I’m not.” I growled. “I mean, if you’re willing to just kiss some random fan on the cheek just because she’s a fan and it would ‘make her day’, I’d hate to see what you’d be willing to do with a groupie that’s all over you.”

“You’re jealous, aren’t you?” James asked.

“Yes, I’m very jealous, and I have every fucking right to be.” I retorted. “Come on! How dumb can you be? I was standing practically right next to you, and BAM, you just kiss the girl on the cheek! At least have the brains to do it where I can’t see you!”

“It didn’t mean anything.” James repeated, still looking calm. His calmness had really begun to piss me off. “I figured you would have the brains to know that. Guess I was wrong.”

“Oh, burn on Melrose!” I hissed. “Way to sneak an insult in there! Why don’t you just, you know, insult me to my fucking face, hm? Just piss me off further, it won’t do any harm! And then, when I’m still fuming outside, you can go back inside and find that fan chick and go and make out with her somewhere! How about that?”

“You’re so cute when you’re jealous.” James replied calmly. Not even an ember of anger lit in his blue eyes; they remained calm and passive as ever, set into a face as calm as an undisturbed lake.

“No! You can’t trick me like that!” I snapped back. “You can’t compliment me and expect me to come back to you, just instantly, and forgive you! Nope, not gonna happen!”

James was seriously, seriously, SERIOUSLY beginning to piss me off quite a lot. He wasn’t being indignant about me accusing him of letting that kiss on the cheek mean something more than it was, which made me think maybe he just didn’t care whether I was pissed off at him or not. Yet, he wasn’t flustered like he would be if the kiss actually meant something more than I was supposed to know. He was just calm. He was defending himself, just not in an over-indignant way or flustered way.

“Damn you!” I shrieked. My hands coiled into fists as I paced/stormed around the parking lot that James and I stood in. When I looked back, it was to see him leaning against The Better Halves’ white Escalade with his arms crossed over his chest, still looking calm as hell. “Stop looking so calm!”

“Eh, I’d rather not.” James replied as I came storming back over. “Yelling at each other gets us nowhere.”

“AGH!” I screamed in exasperation. I really hated cold, hard logic in situations like this. Right as I turned to pace around the parking lot once more in an attempt to calm myself down a bit, James’s hands fell upon my shoulders and turned me back to face him. I looked up at him, furling and unfurling my fists.

“Listen, Mel, the kiss didn’t mean a thing. My lips just barely touched her cheek. It wasn’t an impassioned kiss of lust and meaning; just a quick brush against her cheek. It wasn’t anything more. But I apologize for causing you emotional distress and clear questioning of my faithfulness.” James said sincerely. I stared up at him for a few silent moments before sliding my shoulders out of his hands and turning to pace around the parking lot again.

I really should forgive him, I thought. I don’t even know why I was mad at him in the first place. It really wasn’t that bad. Just a brush against her cheek, that was all. And his apology was definitely sincere, and not one of a flustered, guilty, ashamed man. I better head...

“Hey, Melrose,” I heard James say as his hand fell upon my shoulder. I turned around to see him hold out a plastic card.

“Ooh, is it a credit card?” I asked, taking the plastic card and leading the way towards the nearest streetlight.

“Nope, better,” James answered, following me. I stepped under the light of the streetlight and looked down at the card.

Ha. I should’ve known.

It was a red Romance Coupon. A Make-Out Session one. I should’ve listened when he said he would use this when I was so pissed at him I couldn’t see straight.

I laughed.

“You’re just wasting that.” I told him, holding it back out to him.

“How am I—” James began, but I suddenly stepped forward, slung my arms around his neck, and pressed my lips against his.

After probably a minute and a half of intense making-out, James and I pulled away from each other. We were both a bit out of breath, and just stared at each other for a few moments.

“I guess I’m forgiven then.” James said with a smirk. I nodded, smiling.

“Come on, Melrose!” I heard Rayne yell from the Escalade. “Stop making out with James in the bushes and get your ass in the car!”

“Oh, I better go,” I said, pulling away. “See you later.” I blew James a kiss as I backed away. He acted like he caught it and pressed his palm to his cheek. I grinned, waved, and then went over to the Escalade.

Our first fight, and it wasn’t even that bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
One word: lame.
I hate this chapter to death. I would probably murder it if such a thing was possible.
But oh well.
Comments?