One More Night Is All We Need

Classic

Normal Point of View.

“I thought she’d never stop talking…” I rubbed my temples as Tina chuckled at me with her current dose of amusement. I sat on the arm of the couch.

“She’s always been quite the talker.” She laughed.

Just as she finished her statement, the boys walked out from the kitchen. Kennedy, John, Pat, Jared, Garrett, and Peter all looked to us with awkward faces. I had a gut feeling that I had missed something that was vital to carry on the conversation.

John sat neck to me. His kissed my cheek and gave me a soft smile. “Who was that?”

I sighed then bit my lip. What was I supposed to tell him? The demon that gave me life was coming back and that the man she chose to stick with her might tear him to pieces because of something that we made out of our own choice? I can’t lie to him though. He deserves more than that. I owe more to him.

“My mom. They’re moving back to Tempe.” I said quietly.

Tina cleared her throat, “Come on, Pat. Let’s go to In-N-Out Burger.” She held her hand out to him. “You guys just, uhm, meet us there when you’re ready.” She said as she closed the door behind her.

Garrett and Jared ran after them. Kennedy and Peter looked at each other and shrugged. They soon ran with the others.

I slid onto John’s lap. I let out a deep breath of frustration into the side of his neck. He rubbed my back comfortingly.

“Don’t worry about it for now.”

“How can I not? This is ruining everything, John. You know how that woman can be.” I lamented and stood up.

He chuckled, “Yes, I do know. And I also know that too much stress isn’t very good for the baby.”

I smiled.

He followed me, “Come on.” He grabbed my hand and headed towards the door.

“Uh, where are we going?” I stumbled behind him.

“The park.”

“Why?”

He laughed, “Do I need a reason to want to walk around with my girlfriend?”

I rolled my eyes, “I guess not.”

“Let’s go then!” He pulled me out the door.

The only thing that could ruin this is if my parents came at this very second. That’s just a nightmare waiting to happen. But I need to shut that from my mind. The only thing that matters is now. This second. Nothing else.

John held my hand in the most delicate way possible as we walked through the park. I enjoyed being able to just breathe in the clean Arizona air. It’s different when you’re on tour and the air---the atmosphere always changes. It can give you a headache. I feel at ease. I feel like I’m home. What else can I ask for?

John abruptly stopped out trek.

“What’s wrong?” I asked him.

Just as I waited for his answer, I got lost in those eyes of his. The way they tint in the sunlight caught my stare.

He flashed me that classic smile of his. It’s those little things that he does that make me fall so hard.

“How would you feel about going out tonight? We don’t have to do anything elaborate. I just wanted to show you something.”

“Sure.” I smiled. “So where are we going?”

“You’ll see. I know you’ll love it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
DON'T YELL AT ME FOR NOT UPDATING JUST YET! Next chapter will be up in about an hour!