Baby, You're Not In Hell Any More

Chapter Three

It was hard to tune out all of the questions that they flew at me for the rest of the night. It was like I was in interrogation and hated it. I fell asleep, after they stopped long enough, they must have gotten tired.

The dream I had wasn’t like the one I had when I was knocked out. I was surrounded by black. I could hear nor see anyone. The silence was over whelming, but I got used to it. It was like I was in hell, only my tongue didn’t burn.

I came too and opened my eyes only to have a beam of sun light come in though the window next to me. I cringed, mumbling profanities underneath my breath. I let my eyes adjust to the light and saw that no one was awake. Sighing, I forced myself to sit up, whimpering pain as my body throbbed and felt like my bones were cracking under my skin and what small muscles I had.

I grabbed my backpack and made my way to the bathroom. It was close to the bunk area, so I decided that it would be better if I were to keep the lights off so I wouldn’t wake anyone. Hunger ripped through my body making me growl at myself, once the door was shut behind me.

The bathroom was very small. You could hardly call it a bathroom. The walls were white, and some tooth brushes were along the sink. Some hair products were scattered along the side of the sink as well. It was clean for the most part, but since the room was so small and it had everyone’s personal things in the small space, it made it seem cluttered and un kept.

I stripped myself of the cloths I was wearing and turned on the water to hot. As hot as it could get. It hurt a little bit to take off my cloths, but once I got into the shower and felt the hot water against my skin, all of the tense muscles seemed to relax. I washed my hair and bathed. I used whom ever it was who kept their things in a golden bottle. I didn’t care who’s it was, I just wanted to feel clean again.

After fifteen minutes of showering I got out. Drying myself off the best I could, since my movement was limited. I put on newer cloths from my book bag. My jeans were a bit newer, they were a light denim, straight legged. My shirt was a regular plain black tee. I didn’t towel dry or brush my wet head before walking out into the cold air of the bus.

I walked back to the couch I had slept on the night before. I looked up and saw Brian sitting where I was laying. His black hair was a mess, sticking out all which ways and seemed to have some sort of knots in it. He was shirtless, with only a pair of boxers on. He sipped on his coffee, with a cigarette burning in the ash tray on the wooden table beside the couch.

He looked up, smiling at me. He wasn’t a morning person, I could tell. He moved slowly and his eyes were half way shut. “Morning.” He said in a soft voice but loud enough for me to hear. His eyes were still the chocolate brown from the days before.

I gave him a swift nod, putting my book bag beside the couch. I could feel his eyes on me as I moved. My stomach clenched in a knot, before letting out a loud grumble. It was upset for the lack of food within the past week or so.

Brian cocked an eye brow. “Hungry?” He asked. A small smirk played on his face. I felt two feet tall. I just sat down across from him, shrugging my shoulders. I wasn’t in the talking mood. I was being forced to stay here for God only knows how long and I don’t even know these people.

“When was the last time you ate?” He asked, curiosity peeked in his voice. I heard it and I know he heard it, but the smirk still played on his lips and his facial features showed curiosity.

“A week, maybe two.” I said with a yawn. I wasn’t going to eat their food. That is where I drawl the line. I was going to play it off as if I was used to it, and it didn’t bother me. This wasn’t so easy to have a mindset of because I had the McDonalds sign going though my head.

“I’m going to make you something to eat.” Brian said going to the kitchen. I was about to protest before he cut me off, “don’t try to tell me no.” Sighing I relaxed a bit. “So, why were you homeless?” He asked, getting some things from the fridge.

“Got kicked out. It’s complicated. And a long story.” I said with a small smile. “my funeral was yesterday at two in the afternoon, did you make it?” I asked, laughing. I couldn’t help it when the look of shock and horror was sprawled across his face.

“What do you mean?” He questioned. He set the milk down on the counter and came over to me, sitting next to me. He was serious, I could tell. His back was straight and his eyes burned into my own making me shiver.

“They didn’t want people to know they kicked me out, so they told people I died.” I said simply. I shrugged my shoulders. He still looked at me. Sympathy? I growled. “Don’t look at me like that! Don’t try to give me your sympathy, okay? I don’t need it.” I said harshly. He still looked at me. He kicked his bottom lip and shook his head.

“That’s all kind of fucked up.” He mumbled. He walked back into the kitchen. He began to cook and silence fell on the bus. I looked out the window, watching the landscape move quickly as the bus moved passed it.

“Where are we, and when do I have to leave?” I asked quietly. The blurry colors of green, brown, and blue washed over me, making it nearly impossible to take my eyes away. It was like I was looking out on the blob we call Earth.

“I don’t know.” He said, a small smile formed on his lips. “Oh and, not too soon, get used to us.” Brian said mixing something up in a bowel, smiling and chuckling to himself as if he thought it was funny, I didn’t find it funny in the damn least bit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Since I got one comment and loved it, here is an update.
Now I loved writing this.
:]
Comments make updates come quicker.
:]