Status: Hiatus.

Johnny and Rhea

Chapter Seven

"Hi."

I flicked my eyes open. Sitting on the foot of my bed was the bathrobe-fedora-guy that I saw yesterday. I shrieked and rolled off the bed, taking the sheets with me.

I just layed there, trying to recollect myself when I heard two pairs of footsteps coming towards me.

"Rhea?!" Lene and Ichey rushed into my room and were standing over me. I pointed at the bed.

"It's that creepy guy from the thing with the thing!!"

Lene helped me get up.

"I don't see anything," Ichey muttered. He was at the foot of the bed. He poked the mattress. "See? Nothing there."

I crossed my arms and stuck out my bottom lip. Lene, who could always tell when a fight was going to break out, changed the subject.

"Let's go down to breakfast," she suggested cheerfully. She pranced out the room without waiting for us. I caught her cheery vibe. Ichey did, too.

"Let's?" He held out his arm. I took it. "Yes, let's." We skipped all the way downstairs, miraculously not tripping,singing "The Wizard of Oz".

"Stop that infernal racket!" Mrs. Fields shouted when we entered the kitchen. I dropped to my knees and sang, as Ichey skipped around me,"...the wonderful wizard of Oz!" Lene stood up and clapped rapidly, beaming. Ichey and I took our bows, then sat down and ate breakfast.

"What is on our agenda for today?" I asked no one in particular. Mrs. Fields took a seat across from us at the large table. She seemed to have perked up after a few minutes, not without the help of a certain caffeinated friend.

"Whatever you like."

I dropped my spoon. It clattered into the cereal bowl, the sound echoing throughout the large dining room.

I stared at her."...What?..."

Mrs. Fields smiled took a sip of her coffee. "There is a mall nearby. You can take a city bus to get there." Lene, Ichey, and I exchanged looks of surprise. A week... all to ourselves... to do whatever we wanted. "Of course," Mrs. Fields continued," you will all keep in touch with me through your cell phones." I decided not to tell her that neither of us possessed one. She drained her cup of coffee and left.

"Well, guys?" said Lene. She pushed a piece of paper between me and Ichey. On the paper was a list of stores she wanted to go to. I pulled it toward us.

" Hot Topic..."

"FYE..."

"The arcade..."

"Gadzooks..."

"EB Games..."

"Sharper Image..."

"Victoria's Secret?!" Poor Ichabod had the pleasure of reading that one.

I looked up at Lene. Ichey had a disgusted look upon his face. She looked back at us innocently.

"What? I have to get a few things..."

"Don't wanna know," Ichey said quickly. I rolled my eyes and started up the stairs.