Status: Hiatus.

Johnny and Rhea

Chapter Eight

Ahh... My dress was just beautiful.

It was a little summer dress. The soft white material floated down to my knees, ruffling in a flirty way. It didn't show much cleavage, thanks to the square cut of the chest. I was still wearing my red and black converse.

"Come on; let's go!" cried Ichey and Lene.

Lene was wearing a long blue and black skirt that ended in a zig-zag cut. It was electric blue material first, then the black nylon-mesh came cascading to a stop an inch before the blue. Her shirt was kind of pirate-y. The main body was black. The v-neck was stitched up loosely. The short sleeves were blue and black striped, ending like the skirt. Black army boots with blue laces were on her small feet.

Ichey was wearing a Linkin Park T-shirt and baggy black jeans. He was also wearing boots, but his laces were white.

I picked up my black purse and made sure my wallet was in it. "Okay. I'm ready." We left my room and walked down the stairs. "Where are we going first?" I asked.

"Well," said Ichey," we're going to the arcade last." I nodded. That was reasonable. The arcade was the place to spend all your spare change."FYE is pretty cheap too, so we could go before the arcade." Lene and I nodded in agreement.

When we arrived at the mall via bus, we had decided to look around Sharper Image first, then Hot Topic, then I would go to Gadzooks, Lene would got to Victoria's Secret, and Ichey would go to EB Games. Then we were gonna wrap it up with FYE and the arcade.

Lene bumped into Mrs. Fields in Victoria's Secret. They both reached for the same piece of black lingerie.

Ichey found an old Legend of Zelda video game. He got it for five bucks because no one would buy it.

I found a new Green Day hoodie in Hot Topic. I also got a pair of Green Day converse, bracelets earrings, a necklace, and a bucket hat; all of which I walked out wearing.

We met back at the Food Court.

"Did everyone get a good haul?" asked Ichey.

"Yes," I mumbled through my baked ziti from Sbarro.

"We can see," said Lene. "And don't talk with your mouth full," she added.

"Well, excuse me, Little Miss Piggy," I said.

Lene had an ice cream sundae from Dairy Queen in the largest size. She had all the ice cream flavors, with sprinkles, chocolate sauce, cherries, nuts, and anything else you could possibly think of.

Ichabod had a plate of beef stir-fry from the Panda Express. He slurped up a noodle noisily.

After we ate we hit the last few stores and left. Riding in any type of vehicle usually puts me to sleep, so I wasn't surprised when I woke up laying across Ichey and Lene in the bus. Lene noticed that I was awake."Okay, now that you're up,out of our laps," she said.
"Aww, but--"

"Out! Your feet are in my face!"

"Nu-uh! Your face is in my feet!"

"Rhea, that doesn't even make any--"

Before Lene could finish, Ichey pulled me into his lap, curling me up against his chest. I stuck my tongue out at Lene behind his back. He noticed it anyway. "Stop it," he whispered, and flicked one of my earrings.

The ride was longer because the bus stopped numerously to pick up more passengers. It eventually got so full we had to give up our seats and hold onto the poles in the aisle.

It was dark when we got to the plantation. The maid, Molly, I think, was waiting outside for us. "You're just in time," she told us. She followed us inside. "Dinner's almost ready. Everyone else is getting cleaned up."

"Cleaned up?" We three said. Ichey, Lene, and I were standing in front of our own rooms.

"We have to get showers?" Lene whined. I sniffed my armpits and decided I smelled clean.

Enough.

"I think you three can wait until after supper," Molly said. I took my hoodie off, stuffed it into my already bulging shopping bag, and tossed it onto my bed.

"Why do the others have to take one?" asked Ichey. We were now following Molly back downstairs. I swear, no matter what, I would most likely get lost in this house before the trip was over.

"The children that didn't leave the house decided to have a mudfight." I stiffled a giggle as we stopped in front of the dining room. "Your teacher, Mistress Brody, and most of your class are already seated and eating." Molly left. We walked into the dining room, seated ourselves, and ate. Mistress Brody asked about our day. Lene teased Mrs. Fields about the run-in at Victoria's Secret. The boys were all grouped together at one end of the table. They seemed to be in a heated discussion about something. Since Evan Alderman was the ringleader, I really didn't want to know what it was about.

A clock tolled eight times somewhere in the house. Mistress Brody stood up. All talking ceased as we turned our attention to her.

"Dear children," she addressed us," It is getting late and I think I will retire to my bedroom now. I suggest you all do the same."

Chairs scraped against the floor as we got up. Mistress Brody left without another word. I didn't care what time it was, I just glad for an excuse to go to bed. All that walking around the mall had exhausted me. At the doorways to our rooms, we said goodnight, having already taken our showers.