Another Line Without a Hook

Saturday

"Emma, are you gonna sleep all day?"
I opened one eye and looked at my dad. I took the pillow over my head.
"Leave me alone." I murmured and turned my back against him.
"I told you not to drink so much." My dad said sat down on the side of the bed.
"Go away." I said and sighed since I knew that he probly wouldn't leave me alone.
"No." He replied. "It's 12pm. No sleeping all day. Besides the other will soon be here for a saturday lunch."
I sighed and threw the pillow at him.
"Okaaay, just let me take a shower and get dressed then!" I said and sat up.
He ruffled my hair and got up. He trew the pillow back at me and walked out of the room, closing the door after. I sighed and looked around the room. Maybe I should ask if I could paint one wall black? Or green maybe? I needed some more furniture too. My room looked so empty. It had a bed, a sidetable and a lamp in the roof. The walls were white and the floor was light brown. The lamp in my ceiling looked like something a grandma would have. And it was yellow. I shivered. I despise yellow, there is no colour I hate more. I got out of bed and opened my closet. What to wear today?
I heard the door open downstairs so I took a pair of black leggings, a black skirt, my favourite My Chemical Romance hoodie and a plain white t-shirt. I threw it all on the bed and opened the door.
"The upstairs is of limits!" I yelled downstairs.
"Okay!" My dad yelled and continued to talk to who I pressume were either Uncle Mikey or one of the other guys.
I took my clothes and walked out in the hall. I looked down the stairs and saw that it was Frank he was talking to. I quickly walked into the bathroom and looked myself in the mirror. I couldn't let Frank see me like this. I still had my fangirl crush on him. I brushed my hair and took of my t-shirt and the shorts that I had been sleeping in and jumed into the shower. With out thinking I started to sing my favourite My Chem song.

"What's the worst that I can say?
Things are better if I stay
So long and goodnight
So long and goodniiiiiight!"

I got some shampoo in my eyes and started trying to rub it out.
"Fuck, ouch, oh god." Was some of the things I said.
I rinsed my eyes and tried to reach out for the towel on the side of the sink. Bad foothold. I slipped and fell. I still couldn't see anything and I heard people come running up the stairs. I sighed and rubbed my eyes quickly and blinked a few time so that I actually could see anything. I got up and took the towel around me. I heard a knock on the door.
"Are you okay in there?" I heard my dad ask.
I opened the door just a little.
"Yeah, I just fell out of the shower." I said.
"Are you okay?" He then asked.
"Yeah." I said and smiled at him. "I'll be down in a sec."
He nodded and I closed the door. Why the hell did I have to be so damn clumsy? It's kind of embarrassing. I walked into the shower again and washed the rest of my hair and body and then turned of the water and dried my body. I put my clothes on and dried my hair with the hairdryer. When I was done I walked back into my room and took my phone and walked downstairs. I went into the kitchen and said hi before opening the fridge. I took the orangejuicy and started to drink out of the box.
"There is a glass in the cabinet." My dad said.
"I know." I said and took one more zip. "It taste better this way tho."
My phone rang. I didnt recognize the number.
"Hello?"
"Hi Jenna, it's Patrick."
"Patrick!" I almost shouted in overjoy.
I felt my dad staring at me so I decided to walk into the livingroom instead.
"How are you feeling today?" He asked.
"Im good! How about you?"
I could hear how girly I sounded. I shook my head at myself.
"Im good too. I wanted to ask if you maybe wanna hang out and maybe grab something to eat or... Something."
I felt my heart skip a beat and how I was filled with excitement.
"I'll ask my dad. Hold on just for a sec." I said and walked back to the kitchen.
"Dad, can I go out for some hours?" I asked.
"Who, when, where?" He asked.
"His name is Patrick, now and I dont know."
"You could always invite him here?" My uncle Mikey said.
I stared at him.
"Are you out of your mind?" My dad asked him.
"Nobody knows anything about who I really am." I said.
Mikey just shrugged his shoulders.
"Please dad, just for some hours? He's just a friend."
Dad looked at me for a while before sighing.
"Be back before dinner." He said.
"Thanks!" I said and went back to the livingroom and picked up my phone again. "I'm sorry for the delay. Where do you wanna meet?"
"We can meet at Taco Bell." Patrick said. "I can pick you up if you want to?"
"No, I'll meet you there." I said. "I'll see you later then."
"Okay. Bye."
I hung up and smiled. I walked inte the kitchen still smiling.
"Where is Taco Bell and how do I get there?" I asked and looked at all of them.
"I'll drive you." Uncle Mikey said.
"Ill come with you." Dad said.
I ran upside and quickly applied some makeup and brushed my hair. When I was done I ran downstaird again. We all started to go out to the car, apparently everyone else also wanted to go too. It got kinda crowded in the car. I had to sit half on Frank and half on Ray. Note, get a bigger car maybe? And of we went.

I could feel my heart race when I saw Patrick standing outside Taco Bell. He was wearing some worn out jeans, a long sleaved shirt and ofcourse, his hat.
"Cant you call him and ask him to come to the bakside?" My dad asked.
"Why?" I asked.
"Because I want to see what he's like."
"Why?" I asked again.
"Because I want to. I've seen enough to know that teenage boys arent up to no good."
I couldn't believe what I was hearing.
"Dont worry. I'll make sure no one see's us." Dad said. "I know the manager of this Taco Bell. We'll be unseen by people on the street."
He picked up his phone and made a call to the manager who came out and opened a gate to the backside of the building. No one else could see or even get in there when the gate was closed. There were solid walls around it. I sighed and picked up my phone and dialed Patrick's number. A few signals sounded before he answered.
"Hi." He said.
"Hi, could you meet me behind the Taco Bell?" I asked.
"Ehm.. Sure.." He said sounding confused. "I'll be there in a sec."
"Okay, bye." I said and hung up.
I opened the door and jumped out.
"Wait in the car." I told them. "Don't freak him out before I've talked to him."
I closed the door and talked over to the door beside the gate. I took a deep breath and opened it.
"What are you doing in there?" Patrick asked when he saw me.
"I'll explain in a sec, just get in here." I said.
He looked confused but walked in trough the door and I closed it behind him. I started to walk towards the car.
"My dad wants to meet you before I can be alone with you." I said when I reached the car and turned around towards Patrick. "But you cannot tell anyone about this."
"Why?" Patrick asked.
"Just.. Dont tell anyone. Promise me."
"Okay, okay." He said looking even more confused. "I promise."
I took another deep breath and pounded on the back of the car. My dad opened the door and jumped put of the car. Patrick's face was priceless.
"No way!" He said and turned around and back. "No way in hell!"
"My real name is Emma." I said.
"What!?" He said. "I cant believe this."
"I'm sorry Patrick, but I didn't dare to tell you the truth yesterday. I was scared that anyone else would hear. And I was scared that you'll tell anyone else. If it wasn't for my dad, you still wouldn't know."
"I... I..." Was all that he managed to say.
"Patrick, meet my dad. Dad, this is Patrick."
"Nice to meet you." Dad said and held out his hand.
Patrick looked like he didnt know what to do. He shook dad's hand.
"The pleasure is all mine Mr. Way." He said and his face broke into a big smile. I cant believe that this actually is happening."
"Call me Gerard." Dad said and smiled.
The cardoors opened and ofcourse Mikey and the other jumped out. Patrick almost died on the spot.
"We have to get back to the house." Dad said. "We have some business to do."
I nodded and gave him a hug.
"Thanks dad." I said and kissed him on the cheek.
"Now it makes sence that you look like Mikey." Patrick said.
I laughed. Dad and the others jumped in to the car and the manager let them out.
"So." I said and looked at Patrick. "How about that date?"