The ABC's of Growing Up

M is for Making Choices

“Bored,” Sarah whined as she flopped down beside me.

I chuckled before looking to the doorway as Lyndsey pranced into her living room, holding some drinks for us. She stopped once she saw the pout on Sarah’s lips and tipped her head to the side as she studied Sarah.

“Why so sad?”

“She’s bored,” I replied to Lyndsey’s question for Sarah.

Lyndsey bit her lip and tapped her chin with her finger before grinning and sitting down on the floor in front of us.

“Sarah?”

“Hmmm?”

“Jason or...Adam Gontier?”

Sarah grinned as she realised what game Lyndsey had decided we would be playing. It was a game that they often made me play and though I didn’t mind it, these two seemed to have an unhealthy love for it. I think they just used it as an excuse to be that bit more pervy than usual.

“Hmmm hard choice,” Sarah mused. “I would have to say...Adam Gontier.”

Lyndsey gasped and I chuckled reaching down to pick up the bottle of Dr Pepper Lyndsey had brought through for me.

“I can’t believe you didn’t pick Jason,” Lyndsey giggled.

Sarah shrugged. “I love him to bits...but...Adam Gontier? Dude...he’s so hot.”

I unscrewed the bottle and took a swig as Sarah took her turn to ask Lyndsey a question.

“Okay, Brian or Cam Gigandet?”

“Brian!” Lyndsey shouted before falling silent for a second. “Though...I do love Cam’s baby blues.”

She wiggled her eyebrows slightly before falling into giggles again. I swear that she is constantly giggling sometimes. I do wonder what she slips in her drink when she wakes up.

“Tea...Frank Iero or Alex Varkatzas?”

I bit my lip as I tried to make a decision between them.

“Depends what mood I’m in.”

Sarah cocked an eyebrow and looked at me. “What on earth do you mean ducky?”

I shrugged. “At the moment, I’m gonna go for Frank.”

“Nikki Sixx or......Milo Ventimiglia?” Lyndsey asked Sarah.

She grinned and bit her lip slightly. “Bring on the old man!”

I laughed as Sarah grinned stupidly.

“Nikki Sixx isn’t that old,” Lyndsey commented.

“Please,” Sarah scoffed. “He’s a year younger than my mum. The man’s old, but God is he sexy.”

“Lyndsey?” I voiced and she turned her attention to me. “Matt Hardy or...Mark Wahlberg?”

“God,” Lyndsey groaned. “Can’t I have both? Their muscles are so...mmm.”

“Okay, remember we’re here ducky before you get completely lost in thought,” Sarah laughed.

Lyndsey stuck her tongue out at her before deciding.

“I’m gonna go for Matt Hardy...mostly ‘cause I wouldn’t mind having a throw down with him.”

The innocent smile she held afterwards made me laugh considering I could tell what kind of thoughts were running through her head at that point.

“Teagan...Corey Taylor,” Sarah asked, knowing how big of a weakness I had for that man. “Or Zacky Baker?”

I could tell that they were expecting me to come out with an answer straight away and that they were expecting it to be Corey Taylor, but I couldn’t give them an answer. Purely because I honestly couldn’t decide.

“Oh ho!” Lyndsey exclaimed as she looked at me. “Is there something Teagan should be telling us?”

I looked at my two best friends before shrugging. “I don’t know is there?”

“Well considering you can’t choose between one of your biggest celebrity crushes and your best friend...yeah I’d say there is love,” Sarah chuckled before turning a bit more serious. “Do you like Zacky? I mean honestly here.”

I bit my lip and shrugged. “I don’t know.”

Lyndsey looked at me slightly confused. “How can you not know?”

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. “I can’t work out if I like him or if I just have a crush on him.”

“What do you mean?”

“I don’t know how far my feelings go for him,” I explained as best as I could without embarrassing myself. “I don’t know how much I like him and how much I just like him like...erm...you know?”

Sarah smiled before hugging me and dropping her chin on my shoulder.

“Are you trying to tell us that you think you might just want to get down and dirty with the boy? But you’re not sure if your feelings go past that?”

So much for not embarrassing myself. I nodded feeling my cheeks blush but before Lyndsey or Sarah could say anything else, my phone went off. I pulled it out of my pocket and looked at the Caller ID – Zacky.

“Hello?”

“Hey Tea,” Zacky replied and I could hear mild nerves in his voice. “Erm, can we talk?”

I gulped slightly and nodded before pushing myself off of the couch and walked out into the hallway, away from Sarah and Lyndsey.

“Yeah, what about?”

“Would it be stupid to say that I miss you?” Zacky asked.

I bit my lip and felt my cheeks go red and I was so happy that he couldn’t see me.

“I haven’t seen you in like four days and it’s driving me insane,” he admitted after a moment.

“You do see me...”

“Yeah but we don’t talk...or just hang out or whatever,” he pointed out.

I nodded and leant against one of Lyndsey’s walls, letting my eyes flicker across the photos hanging on the wall opposite to me.

“True,” I sighed slightly. “I’ve missed you too.”

“I’m really sorry for...”

“Me too,” I cut in, not wanting to know exactly what he was sorry for.

I didn’t want to hear him say he was sorry for kissing me.

Zacky cleared his throat and I could picture him in my head rubbing the back of his neck and smiling slightly.

“You coming out with us all tonight?”

“Yeah, just going to the beach right?”

“That we are,” Zacky replied. “Surf, sand and plenty of booze.”

I scrunched my face up and laughed slightly. “A large body of water...and me drunk? You sure this is a good idea?”

“I’ll keep you safe,” he answered quickly and I felt myself go even redder.

“Promise?” I asked quietly.

“Always.”

“Teagan! I have another question...Matt Tuck or Carey Hart?” I heard Sarah shout through from the living room and I couldn’t help but laugh slightly.

“What the hell?” Zacky chuckled.

I shrugged even though he couldn’t see me. “We are playing a game...basically you name two people and you have to say who’d you prefer to have.”

“I see.”

I laughed before pushing myself off the wall. “I better get back in there. I’ll see you tonight okay?”

“Yeah. See you tonight Tea.”

“Bye.”

I hung up before walking back into the living room and mulling over two things, one that I could answer easier than the other.

“Carey Hart,” I replied to Sarah before curling up where I had been and thinking about the other thing in my head.

What do I feel about Zacky? I needed to work it out and make a choice soon, otherwise it would make things awkward between Zacky and I without him knowing why.
♠ ♠ ♠
For Rhian, because I promised =D
And big thanks to Lyndsey 'cause she helped me when I wrote this chapter = )

Hope you all liked it. The next chapter is one of my favourites of this story. Tee hee.
Comments make me giddy =D x