Status: Currently stopped working on.

Jecht

Ryan

I'm the first on the bus except for a 1st grader who is terrified of me and just stares as I walk on to the bus. I make my way to the very back seat and set down my bag. In a few moments my best friend, and true love would be sitting next to me and I would tell him all about how I could spend the night at his house. Of course he would be happy about that, but he would also be terrified of what Tom had done to me the night before. I would tell him that it won't last forever... I won't always be in pain.
Ryan and I are to get married in California in 4 years, when we’re both 18. His parents were those types of parents that would do anything for their child. They let Ryan choose what he does and doesn't want to do. They let him be free. Tell him to never drink and drive. Never do drugs. Be respectful. They know that he's gay, and they pretty much know that we're together. They were very kind about the whole situation. Whenever I go to their house, they treat me like I were their son. I wish they were my parents.
I was startled by the bus suddenly screeching to a stop. I looked out the window and saw a dog running towards the other side of the street to a young lady, holding a baby in her arms. She noticed I was looking at her; she smiled and waved. I smiled and continued to look at her while the bus drove away.
Ryan's house was only a few houses past the dog incident. He was standing, shivering. He was wearing at least 2 jackets. I know from experience that skinny jeans aren't the best thing to keep you warm, but it's the only type of pants him and I wear, and own. He saw me sitting in the back of the bus and smiled. His smile could make me melt. I smiled back and waited for him to get on the bus. I then remembered about my eye. “Oh shit” I thought. I wrapped my hand in my sleeve and covered my left eye. He stepped onto the bus and smiled as he walked towards the back of the bus. He sat next to me and then his smile immediately turned into a worried look. “What happened?” he asked as he grabbed my hand and uncovered the black eye. He gasped of shock. “Jecht.” he said, he was sorry, I knew he was. He would always say “I'm sorry.” I eventually told him to quit saying it. It bothered me, and I already knew that he was, those words weren't needed to come out of his mouth. Not towards me. I grabbed his hand and put it in my lap. “I broke the computer monitor last night. Tom was extra mad because he was also watching football at the time. Mother was nice this morning. She's letting me spend the night at your house tonight. Tom won't be home until tomorrow night.” I kept his hand in mine. He smiled. “O.k, you’re coming right after school then?” I nodded. “Perfect, my parents wont mind. They love you.” That made me smile. “I know, you have wonderful parents Ryan, I think sometimes you take them for granted, I mean, you could have parents like mine.” I said as I looked out the window. He sighed. “Jecht, you know that you can get help, you don't have to go through all of this pain that you go through daily. Just tell someone. Tell any adult in the school. Please.” I looked at his sweet face. “You really care.” I whispered. He gave me this smile like I had just turned into a sweet little puppy. “Yes, Jecht, yes I do care.” I felt a smile come on my face. We stared at each other for a good long while then the bus had stopped. There weren't many stops from my house to the school, usually it was just Ryan, I and that creepy kid in the front seat. I looked away from Ryan and glanced out the window.
There was a tall teenager, holding a football. He stood patient waiting for the school bus doors to fly open so he could step inside. I had never seen him before. I turned to Ryan, “Who’s that?” I asked. He shook his head. “I don’t really know, I’ve seen moving truck drive by a few times,” he shrugged, “but I didn’t know that we were going to get a new kid?” We both watched as he stepped on the bus. He smiled to the bus driver and made his way to the back seat, across from Ryan and I.
He placed his football on the seat and then sat. Ryan and I just stared. The bus started to move and we were on our way to school again. He then stuck out his hand. “I’m Tidus.” He said with a smile. Ryan shook his hand but I didn’t. “I’m Jecht, and this is Ryan.” I said pointing to myself, then to Ryan. He nodded. I smiled at him. He seemed nice, he wasn’t like the other jocks at the school, and maybe he wouldn’t jump me in the hallway like the others. “So where are you from?” Ryan asked. Tidus turned towards us; he was so tall that his knees were touching Ryan’s. “I’m originally from Canada, but my father moved my family to Washington when I was five.” He nodded while he talked. “Wow, so you’re Canadian then?” I asked, immediately feeling a little bit stupid after I realized what I had asked. He smirked, “Yes that means that I’m Canadian.” Ryan shook his head and grinned at my stupid question. “You play sports?” he asked, I realized that he was talking to me. “No, why?” I asked. He pointed to my eye. “You have a black eye, thought that it might’ve been from sports or something.” I shook my head. “Nope I have never played a sport in my life… do I look like the sporty type?” I said, looking down, examining myself. He laughed a little. “Nope, no you don’t.” The bus stopped, I looked up and noticed that we were at school. Tidus got off first, after the scary 1st grader. He waited for Ryan and I to get off after him. “I’ll see you guys at lunch though ‘k?” We both nodded. “This day might be fine.” I said opening the door for Ryan. He walked through the open door and glanced back at me while he was walking. “Yeah, it just might.”