Status: Finished! FoREVer

Picture Perfect

The Moment

“Ladies and Gentleman, the moment you have all been waiting for,” the pompous announcer said into the microphone, making everyone in the room hush and direct their attention to the large staircase. “I present to you, Miss Annaliese Nicole DiMarco. Escorted by Mr. Christopher James Sinclair.”

“Don’t worry, you’re beautiful,” Chris whispered into my ear

I was blinded by the lights that suddenly flooded through the double doors as they opened. Chris nudged my side. I took a deep breath before plastering on my smile and walked down the staircase. I acknowledged everyone I saw on my descent. In my heart, I could tell that all of them despised me- that underneath their plastered smiles, they were just waiting for me to slip and fall, but I wouldn’t give them that kind of satisfaction. I made it to my table safe and sound.

After lightly tapping my glass to get everyone’s attention, I smiled broadly. “Welcome, everyone,” I began. “I am so happy that you all have come here tonight. This party not only celebrates my eighteen years of life thus far, but also my debut to modern society.” I let a coy smirk wash over my face. “But enough chit chat, let’s get this party started!” The crows roared as I grinned and sat down.

Chris immediately grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. “That was great baby,” he said before grazing his lips over our joined hands.

I smiled curtly at him before turning my attention to another one of my guests.

~*~

As the night wore on, I got several compliments- on my dress, my hair, my accomplishments, my dreams for the future (which I knew were never going to come true). I smiled and thanked everyone. I don’t think anyone could tell (or care) that it was all for show. That I really didn’t care about anything that was happening tonight.

At around 9:30, Chris took my hand and led me to the dance floor. A slow song that I haven’t heard yet came on. It had a rockfish sort of feel and the lead singer sounded a lot like Steven Tyler.

I could stay awake just to hear you breathing
Watch you smile while you are sleeping
While you're far away and dreaming
I could spend my life in this sweet surrender
I could stay lost in this moment forever
Well, every moment spent with you
Is a moment I treasure


“Who is this?” I asked. The lyrics were powerful and the vocals were just amazing.

“It’s Aeromsith’s new song,” Chris whispered in my ear before he placed a tender kiss above my temple. Underneath it all, Chris was the biggest sweetheart ever. You just had to look past his baby-face and jockish attitude.

… 'Cause I'd miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing
'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream would never do
I'd still miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing


“It’s beautiful. How did you get it?”

I could feel him smile against me. “I pulled a few strings. You know my dad is Steve Tyler’s lawyer.”

“Oh,” I replied softly as I closed my eyes and rested my head against Chris’ chest.

...I don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing
,” Chris sang along with the lyrics before gently pulling away.

I sent him a confused look which he only smiled at.

“I really don’t want to miss anything in your life. I love you so much, Anna,” he said while slowly lowering himself down on one knee. Smoothly, he pulled out a small square velvet box out of his pocket. “Will you be my wife?” He asked, presenting a beautiful diamond ring.

This is it. The moment I have been dreading for the past seven years.
♠ ♠ ♠
ring

I know it's been forever. I'm so sorry, but Rum and Coke had me completely focused on it. (If you haven't read it yet, I suggest you do)

Anyways, tell me what you think! (I promise Jimmy's going to be in the next one, so hold your horses!)