Status: Finished! FoREVer

Picture Perfect

Say What?

Jimmy’s POV

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid! I chanted to myself over and over again. I knew I shouldn’t have kissed her. Classy girls like her can never go with trail trash punks like me. I was a fool to think any different.

Sighing, I stood up and packed my bag before walking out of the library. Having nothing to do, I headed over to my buddy, Matt’s, house. Hopefully the other guys will be there and we can have practice or something. I don’t know, maybe get drunk on cheap alcohol.

“Hey, guys.” I said as I walked into Matt’s room. “Sup?”

Zacky immediately tossed me a can of beer. I caught it and sat down in the unoccupied bean bag chair.

“Nothing much, man, just trying to get this idiot to join the band,” Matt replied, jacking his thumb over at Brian.

Brian just shoved Matt. “Man, I already told you guys: I’m never going to join your band. You guys sound like shit!” he laughed.

It was true. Our band was a little worse for wear. Zacky had just picked up one of his dad’s guitars and started playing. Cool, right? Wrong. Zacky’s dad is right handed- Zacky’s left…so he sounds like cow shit. Matt decided to be like Phil Ansemo from Pantera and scream for every song. Mixed with his drinking and smoking, I was betting that he’d ruin his voice in a matter of years. As for Wendt, well, he never showed up for practice and he always fumbled with his part…we only keep him since he’s the best (and only) bass player that we know. As for me? well, I’m not going to stroke my ego by saying that I was amazing…but I will tell the truth when I say that I’m the pest performer in the band. Yea, like I said, we suck. We don’t even have a name…that’s how pathetic we are.

“Where’ve you been?” Zacky asked, raising his eyebrows suggestively.

“No where, just helping my dad out with stuff.” I lied with a shrug.

“Oh really? Because when I went by there this morning, he said that he hasn’t seen you in some time.”

I shrugged. “It’s not my fault that I’m a ghost in that house,” I said before lighting up a cigarette.

“Man, put that shit out. I don’t need my parents raising hell again.” Matt grumbled.

I casually put it out.

“Then why did you lie? Where were you?” Brian asked.

“Nowhere, I promise.”

“Whatever,” Matt grumbled.

I glared at him.

“So…I was thinking…” Zacky started after the good few minutes that we drank in silence.

“No, not another one of your stupid plans! They never work out,” Brian moaned from the other side of the room. He has always been a bit of a drama queen.

“No, this one’s legit! We put snakes into the air vents!”

“Lame,” Wendt drawled out.

“I agree.” Brian laughed. “That’s the worst idea you’ve come up with, and you’ve come up with some pretty fucked up ideas.”

A loud crash outside of Matt’s window alerted all of us. Brian, being the closest, went to go investigate.

“Dude, what the fuck…Matt. Since when did you start hangin’ out with freshies?”

“I don’t.”

“You better come see this then.”

Matt got up and went over the window, the rest of us trailing behind.

“Oh, it’s just that Johnny kid and his friend again,” I said, somewhat disappointed. Those guys would be ok, if they didn’t stalk us religiously.

“Hey! You’ll never guess what we just heard!” the Johnny kid yelled.

Matt rolled his eyes. “I don’t care what freshman slut just had a threesome with the football team.” he called out to them.

“Nah, man! Josh here just told me that the bitch and the douche just got engaged! That’s just sick! I bet she’s pregnant.”

I could feel all the blood rush from my face. I felt like I was going to be sick at any moment. I felt like I was suffocating. I felt….jealous? What the Hell?

“Dude, you ok?” Wendt asked.

“Yea, yea, I’m fine. I just remembered. I-I gotta do something,” I said before hi-tailing it out of there.

She’s engaged? Fuck, Jimmy, you’re a dumbass.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little background of the band (I'm trying to stick to true events as much as possible, if you can't tell)...and, yes, Brian is not in the band right now (I.R.L. he didn't join until after they graduated and went on their first tour- Warped 1999- and Johnny didn't join until halfway through it)

thanks for the comments! Keep 'em coming!

=D bree