Status: Finished! FoREVer

Picture Perfect

Guns N Roses

I couldn’t go to sleep. Every time I closed my eyes, I would see his face. It was always contorted in anger. A chill ran up my spine just thinking about what happened. I rolled over and buried my head into Jimmy’s chest. He pulled me closer to his body, making me feel safe and warm. His hand ran soothingly up and down my back- he never went past where my rib cage ended- as he hummed along to the Guns N Roses CD that was playing on a very low volume.

“Talk to me softly
There is something in your eyes
Don't hang your head in sorrow
And please don't cry
I know how you feel inside I've
I've been there before
Somethin is changin' inside you
And don't you know

Don't you cry tonight,” he sang softly to me.

“But I feel like crying,” I whispered into his chest. “I didn’t ask for it. I didn’t want it to happen. He was so drunk. I couldn’t stop him. I-I said no.” I blabbered.

Jimmy pushed me away slightly as he searched my eyes. “Anna, did he…”

“No, h-he didn’t get that far,” I said in an extremely soft whisper.

Jimmy breathed a sigh of relief and pulled me back into his arms. “That’s good to know,” he said before humming again.

I sighed in relief, glad for that to be off my chest. Just as I was about to be lulled asleep, [i[his face appeared again. Whimpering, I moved my head so that it was in the crook of Jimmy’s neck. As I moved, Jimmy turned his head and his lips touched the corner of my mouth.

His lips were just as soft as I remembered. Just as tender. Without even thinking, I turned my head more and pressed my lips against his.

He pulled away suddenly, leaving me confused. “I-I can’t- we can’t do this, Anna. You’ve just been through a tough time and- and you’re engaged-”

“To a man I don’t love-”

“But he’s-”

“We’re in an arranged marriage. I’ve never loved him. I don’t trust him. But you, Jimmy, I trust you. I-I don’t want my first time to be with someone I don’t trust. I’ve heard that it hurts too much. And Chris- Chris won’t go easy on me. But, you, you will. I know it. Please, Jimmy, do this one thing for me.”

Jimmy’s eyes were wide at my revelation. “You’re a-”

“Virgin? Yes. I am. Please, Jimmy, do this for me. It’s all I ask.”

“I don’t want to-”

“You’re not going to hurt me- well, intentionally at least. It’ll be okay. Because, as long as I’m with you, I’m perfectly happy and content. I’m safe.”

Jimmy nodded and brought my face closer to his as he gently rolled over me. He attached his lips to mine again before gently exploring my body. At least, for this one night, I could be truly happy. I could be cared for. I could beloved.

And don't you cry tonight
There's a heaven above you baby
And don't you cry
Don't you ever cry
Don't you cry tonight
Baby maybe someday
Don't you cry
Don't you ever cry
Don't you cry
Tonight

~*~

Jimmy rolled off of me and kissed my lips tenderly again. "I'm sorry for hurting you," he whispered.

I smiled at him. "It's ok. Like I said: I trust you and you went nice and slow. Thank you."

He smiled back at me. "Oh! before I forget!" he said, scrounging around beneath his bed. "I forgot to give this to you." he said, presenting a rectangular box.

"Jimmy, I-"

"Don't worry about it. Just open it."

I couldn't say "no" to those pleading crystal blue eyes. Sighing, I opened the box to reveal a beautiful sterling sliver charm bracelet with four charms on it: a book, a mouse, a horse, and a treble cleft.

"Do you like it?"

"I love it! It's so thoughtful. Thank you so much," I said as I embraced him, almost causing us to go off the side of the bed.

Jimmy chuckled and clasped it around my wrist as he spoke. "Glad you like it. See, the horse is because of Puck. The mouse is because you're so quiet sometimes. The book is your vast knowledge of Shakespeare and other stories."

"And the music note?"

"Is for me," he whispered, pressing a kiss to my wrist. "I realize that we can never be, but I hope you remember me. Well, for something other than this..."

"Jimmy, don't think that. You've helped me out in more ways than this. Trust me. And this bracelet? I love it. It's the most thoughtful present anyone has ever given to me," I said, wrapping my arms around his neck. "I'm never going to take it off. And I'm never going to forget you," I said, placing a light kiss to his lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
So so so so so sorry for the lateness of this one! But I've tried writing it since the last post and it's just been a major pain. This is like...the fifth draft and it's still not where I want it to be *grumble* But, I hope you guys enjoyed it (even though it's super short).

Here's the charm bracelet and charms

Thoughts? Comments? Intrigues?

Oh, and check out a good friend of mine's story, Fight For Independence. I'm editing it and it's shaping up to be a great story. Please give her lots of love and feedback!

=D Bree