Promise Me Forever

011 - Not Remembering

“Jade” I breathed not believing the sight in front of me. “You really are awake.”

She looked at me, like she knew who I was, but couldn’t place me. It was almost a confused look, and it was one that I dreaded. She didn’t remember me.

But, she just had to confirm my misery. “Who are you?”

I felt like just throwing my head back and groaning. She didn’t remember me. But, maybe it gave me hope. It could be possible that she didn’t remember Josh, and all the pain he caused her.

“Jade,” Brian spoke from behind me. “You really don’t know who we are?”

Her facial expression signaled that she wad really thinking hard about who we were. But, sadly she just couldn’t remember. “No, sorry.”

Someone behind me sighed deeply, probably in frustration. I couldn’t blame them. And they weren’t even as attached to her as I was. Being asked who I was by my own girlfriend is like a slap in the face.

“Jimmy and everyone else are here. They just parked,” Matt notified us probably just receiving a text from Val. At least his girlfriend knew who he was.

I couldn’t really blame Jade for this. It wasn’t her fault that Josh just so happened to show up at the beach that day. She didn’t choose to fall and hit her head. I just wish that I cold go back and do that day over. So many things could be different if I could.

“You never answered my question,” Jade said still sitting in her wheel chair, though the nurse had left the room. “Who are you?”

“I’m Matt, that’s Brian and Johnny,” Matt said introducing the people behind me, before come to me. “And Zacky, he was your boyfriend, I guess, before that happened.”

“Oh my gosh! I so happy that you’re awake. How do you feel?” Val asked scampering into the room and flinging her arms around Jade in a tight hug.

“I feel good. But I feel really bad about not remember everyone. Especially Zacky, if what Matt said was true,” she answered using everyone’s names trying to remember them again.

“Well, I’m Val, Matt’s wife. Jimmy and Leana are the ones talking to Brian. Lacey is the one sitting on Johnny’s lap and Michelle is sitting on Brian’s lap. You know who Brian and Johnny are right?” Val asked introducing everyone that had just entered the room.

Jade nodded then looked at me, sadness showing across her face. She looked over at the mess of people by the table, mouthing each of their names as she looked at them. By the looks of it, she got them all right.

Lacey, Leana, Johnny, and Jimmy were the first to leave just minutes later. They hadn’t gotten to know Jade very well, and I think that Lacey still felt bad about what happened between them, the day that we all met Jade.

“Are you tired sweetie?” Michelle asked walking over to stand by her twin.

“No, not really. I’ve basically been asleep for a month. And frankly I kind of scared to,” Jade answered getting up slowly and walking over to the bed.

Since one side of the bed was really close to a wall, she had to walk around to the side I was sitting on. She rounded the corner at the end of the bed and her legs gave out. I guess that not walking, let alone moving, for a month has its disadvantages.

Val and Michelle shrieked and I jumped up to catch her. She was about five inches from the ground when I got to her and stopped the collision.

I looked down at her, her cheeks were flushed and her breathing was ragged. “I never want to fall again.”

“I’d bet,” I responded lifting her up and onto the bed, her head landing softly on the pillow.

“Um, I think we’re going to get going, to let you two talk. See ya later, Zacky. Feel better, Jade,” Leana said dragging Jimmy out the door. He waved goodbye as did the rest and they shut the door behind them.

“So, um, what all do you remember?” I asked when they’d all gone.

“I’m just a little confused. I remember being with Josh, and they said that I was your girlfriend. What’s with that?” she asked clearly confused by her change in boyfriends and probably why Josh wasn’t here.

“Well, I met you one day in town. You were running from him, and I offered you a place to stay and get away from him. The day that they accident happened we were at the beach. And we had a date that night. We think that you fell and hit your head,” I explained summarizing everything.

“Does Josh know I’m in here?” she questioned.

“Well, he didn’t come to see you. So I suppose not, but there is always a chance. If he doe come he’ll probably tell you a lot of things about me that are bad. Don’t believe him, he’s the bad one.”

“Can you refresh my memory on what I do know about you and the others that were here?”

“You know all of our names. The guys and me are in a band called Avenged Sevenfold. I don’t think you knew that from before. You’re staying in the guest bedroom at my house. I asked you out through a text message and I think that’s just about it. We didn’t know each other for long before it happened,” I told her, finally glad about telling her about the band. I’d been trying to figure out a way to enlighten her before the coma happened.

“Knock Knock,” a nurse said coming into the room. “Sorry to interrupt, but I need to hook you back up to the medicine. Hopefully this will help you remember people. Especially this young man. He came by everyday that you were in here,” she said hooking the tube up to the IV that was still present in Jade’s hand.

They both looked at me and smiled. I could feel my face turn slightly red.

“Do you know when she’ll be able to leave?” I asked.

“I don’t know for sure at the moment. But she’ll be here at least for a week. The doctor, I think, is planning on doing tests tomorrow to see how she’s doing. I can give you an exact answer tomorrow,” she answered with a smile.

“Thank you,” I said as she left.

------------------------------

“Mr. Baker,” some said shaking me.

I lifted my head off of the bed and looked up to see the nurse that gave Jade her medicine earlier. But, when did I fall asleep. My concentration turned to Jade as I noticed her sleeping peacefully.

“Sorry to disturb you, but visiting hours are over. I can give Miss. Millson a message if you’d like,” she explained.

“Uh, just tell her that I’ll see her tomorrow,” I answered standing up and walking out of the room.

It was dark outside, but that didn’t surprise me. It had been around four when everyone left. The sun was probably setting when we fell asleep.

I grinned, just thinking about her finally waking up. Today was one of the best I’ve had in a long time.
♠ ♠ ♠
She's awake! But, she doesn't remember Zacky =[

That was a crappy ending, sorry but it's almost one in the morning and I'm about to fall asleep.

Also, I think I might start putting banners at the begining of chapters. So, if some of you are creative, and have something better then paint to work with, feel free to make me one. I'll credit you in the A/N!

Comment.Subscribe.

peace.love.vengeance