Promise Me Forever

012 - Important News

The next day before I got to the hospital, I stopped at McDonald’s and got Jade a simple cheeseburger and an ice cream.

All the nurses simply waved and muttered some kind of hello as I made my way up to her room, hoping that there was some kind of improvement made in the memory loss.

“Hi, Zacky,” Jade said as I walked into the room, I stopped abruptly, wondering if she was starting to remember me or if she just knew it was me because I was here yesterday. “Oh, you brought me food. Thank you so much. Every they give me here is dreadful.”

“You’re welcome. Feeling any better today?” I asked scooting a chair over to her bedside and handing her the McDonald’s bag.

“Considering that I was never really sick, just in a coma, I’m fine. And you’ll be happy to know that I’m starting to remember things. Things involving you,” she said letting a smile finally come across her face.

“Really? Like what?” I asked as a smile spread widely across my face.

“Well I remember the day that I got away from Josh at the house. And I remember running into you at the market place, and I remember you telling me that I at least had to stay with you for a week. And if I still wanted to go back to Josh after that I could,” she explained, pinning a couple things that had happened between us.

“Do you mind if I call the others? To tell them,” I asked, not being able to wait to tell anyone that she was starting to remember me!

She just shook her hear and I pulled out my cell phone, dialing Brian’s number first.

“What do you want Zacky?” he answered, sounding aggravated that I was calling him.

“You gotta get down to the hospital, now! Jade’s remembering things, you need to bring everyone with you,” I said then waited for him to respond.

“You’re serious aren’t you?”

“Yes, now get down here. She might remember more things if she can see you guys,” I spoke excited.

He didn’t say anything else, but when I heard the dial tone, I knew he’d hung up. I looked over at Jade and she was eating the hamburger and fries that I’d gotten her. I checked the time on the clock that was hanging by the television. It was just after three o’clock and hopefully they would all get here before four.

“So, they’re on their way?” she asked then shoved a few fries into her mouth.

I nodded and returned to my seat next to her bed.

(Jade’s POV)

“Excuse me, Miss Millson?” said the nurse that was here the first time I saw Zacky after I woke up. “I have some important news for you.”

“Zack can you give us a moment please?” I asked him, not knowing if it was something that I’d want him to hear.

I mumbled something before leaving the room quietly. I looked up at the nurse and she sat down in the seat that Zacky had just vacated.

“The doctor noticed that you’ve been doing increasingly well. You’re memory is coming back wonderfully and we’d like to let you know that you are able to leave tomorrow, if you want. He’d like for you to know that if you don’t think you’re ready then you’re welcome to remain,” she explained glancing over at the door a few times.

I could leave tomorrow, Zacky would be thrilled.

“I’d like to leave tomorrow,” I said, happy to know that I’d be back at home, and out of this place if Josh ever decided to come visit me.

“Okay, I’ll bring your release papers tomorrow around noon,” she assured me, then leaving the room and speaking to someone out in the hall.

Zacky walked back into the room, followed by Brian, Michelle, Matt, Val, Jimmy, and Leana. They all took seats and looked at my questioningly.

“Um, Johnny and Lacey couldn’t make it. But the uh nurse said that you had something important to tell us?” Matt said, speaking the question that was probably on everyone’s mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short. And this update is way overdue. Sorry, I got to the part where Zacky asked her how she was and I just kinda got stuck there.

comment.subscribe.

peace.love.vengeance