‹ Prequel: I´m trying

How much you mean

Parents arriving

-In the hall-

“Frank Iero please?” It was a woman's voice.
“Mrs Iero over here!” Brian yelled.
“Oh my God, Brian,” Mr Iero came after her. "how is he?” She was pale and you can’t tell he has been crying. I felt pain in my heart.
“He is in surgery now.” Mikey told her.
“Hello darling,” Mrs Iero looked at Mikey. “you're all here.” She was about to cry again.
“He’s our brother.” Ray said.
She just nodded and hugged her husband.

“The doctor will talk to you.” It was a nurse.
“Gerard?” I was standing behind Bob. I was so ashamed.
“Hello Mrs Iero” I couldn’t looked at her eyes. She immediately hugged me.
I felt the tears coming down again.
'I’m sorry' I couldn’t said it out loud.
She took my face in her hand and gave a painful look. “What happened to my baby?”
“He crashed the car against an electric post.” I manage to say between sobs.
“How?” She released me.
“Was he drunk?” Asked his dad.
“Yeah,” Said Alicia looking at the ground.
“Damn boy,” His father started to cry too.
“It's not his fault.” I said in a weak voice.
“Gerard you’re a good friend but do not hold my son’s responsibilities.” He cleaned the tears and gave me a hard look.

I wanted to die, if they knew what I have done to him. They will understand, they will hate me as I hate myself right now.
“Are you Frank parents?” We all turn around to see the Doctor looking at us.
“She is the doctor that has been attending Frankie.” Brian said.
“I’m Dr Powers,” She extended her hand and shake it with Frank’s dad.
“How is my son? I want to see him!”
“Maybe we should talk in a more private room!”
“But we want to know also what’s going on!” Jamie said about to cry in despair.
“You've kept us waiting here for hours!!!” Brian yelled at the woman.
“They can stay/” Mrs Iero said in a calm voice
Dr Emma looked at us. Brian gave her a 'Eat that' face.
“Sure.” She looked at Brian, her eyes saying, 'fuck off' “He’s out of surgery now.”
We all sighed in relief.
“And?” Brian said impatiently. She rolled her eyes.
“And….”

I held my breath.

“He is in Intensive Care” She gave us a quick smile.
“Thank God!” Frank’s mum cried out.
“But…” Started the Dr looking at her file.
“But?” Ray continued.

'but what?'

“Well, let me explain from the beginning. Your son arrived here with a massive concussion in the head, which damaged the occipital lobe. He also had a damaged lung. He wasn’t using the belt seat. He was lucky the crash was soft.” She spoke coldly, like she was giving the night news.
Frank’s mother gaped.
“We managed to contain the hemorrhage, and we had to wait until he was stable to begin surgery….”
“So what happened??” Brian asked in despair. She was annoyed with the interruption. “I was going to get there.” She tried killed Brian with 'the look'.
“He had a respiratory failure, so we had to entube him. Because he can’t breathe for himself. After we drained the blood from his lung…
“Hey girl, Stop!” We all looked at Brian in surprise. “Don’t you see that you’re scaring these poor people?” He pointed at Frank Parents who looked horrified after hearing all that. Dr Powers was being too rude. It was their son.
“I’m informing, if you excuse me…mister..?”
“Brian Schechter”
“And you are?” She gave him a disgusted look, looking at him above her glasses.
“Manager of the band,” He said proud.
“Right. A band.” She rolled her eyes. And put a part of her hair, which was contained in a pony tail, behind her ear.

“Excuse me,” said a little voice.
“So, mister Schechter… you don’t have the right to come and question...” There where standing, staring at each others faces.
“Excuse me” The little voice again.
“...my authority here”
“I can and I will! How the hell…?”
“EXCUSE ME!” It was Frank's mum.
They shut up.

“Can you continue please?” Frank’s mother looked at them.
“I’m sorry.” Dr Powers said.
“Sorry.” Brian was looking at the floor. Then exchanged hate looks with the Dr.
“So the brain surgery went fine. But he was to long with out air, so we have to wait until he wakes up or he can breathe for himself...” She said this last thing more gentle.
“So he’s sleeping?” Mr Iero asked, trying to understand
“Well, temporary coma is the appropriate term.”

'Shit'

“Is he going to wake up?” Asked Jamie, he looked like a scared kid.
“We’re waiting on that.”
Mrs Iero started to cry.
Brian looked at the Dr again, but she ignored him. He rubbed Mr Iero back.
“I’m sure he’s going to be fine...”
“Can we see him?” Asked Mr Iero.
“Of course,” She lead us to a room on the second floor. “Intensive Care.”
She open a door and let Frank parent’s in. We were going to follow them.
“Only parent right now.”
She looked straight at Brian eyes.
“In smalls groups, please.” She told something to the nurse and left.
“Bicth” Brian muttered
We wait outside.
“I have to get some air, okay baby?” It was Lind-Z
“Yeah sure” I didn’t pay to much attention. My mind was inside that room with Frank.
She left me alone with my torture. He was in a coma. Now I had not only damaged the person I loved the most, but his family and mine. Because the band will have to enter in a break. I felt the tears rolling down once again.
The guys decided to go to the cafeteria. Brian stayed.
“Are you okay?”
“I… I don’t think so”.
“I bet that bitch make you feel bad. She’s a cold one”
I smiled slightly remembering the fight they had. It was funny even between this whole drama.
“Don’t worry man. He’s going to survive this”
I just nodded.
Franks parent came out a little later.
“Do you want to see him?” Asked Frank's mum.
I didn’t know what to say. I was so afraid of see him, but I just stood up and enter the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay!!! whoa 12 suscribers alredy!1 yay
comments please!
xoxo
Lu