Regrets and Romance

Chapter 2

“Aw how sweet!”the guys tease.

“Gosh Matt what Jade?”asked Ricky.

“We broke up.”Matt told them arms still wrapped tightly around me.

“So you move onto my sister?” Derek asked jokingly.

“Damn straight, sexiest redhead ever!” he joked back

Everyone laughed. We joked around for a bit then we went down to the basement.
I seriously love these guys. Travis is like a second brother to me, Chris is the only one my age, Manning always is cool to be around, and Ricky is well he’s Ricky.
As the guys played I couldn’t help but let my eyes wonder and stay on Matt.

I must have spaced out because next thing I know Ricky was snapping his fingers in my face.

“What?” I snapped.

“I dunno I’m bored, talk to me.”

“Go jump off a cliff.”

“Now, now Ginny that’s not very nice.”he said wagging his finger in my face, well until I bit it that is.

“Owe that hurt!”

“My bad I thought it would feel good.”I say sarcastically rolling my eyes.

He faked glared then leaned back and stared at me in a weird pedophile way

“So what really happened between Matt and the whore next door?” he asked making me laugh.

“Sorry I promised I wouldn’t tell.”

“Ok then”he paused and a smirk forming on his face, “You know what this means right?”

“No more pretending to like Jade?”

“Nope it means Matt is now single which makes him available which then means that you Ginny Bloom now have the opportunity to tell him how you have felt about him for the last six fucking years!” I stared at him like he had just sprouted another head.

“Haha no”

“Why not?” he wined.

“Because I just can’t ok. Besides he doesn’t like me like that.”I mumble the last part looking back at Matt.

Ricky sighed. “Listen Ginny Matt loves you. He just won’t tell you because he one thinks that you don’t like him like that and two he’s scared that Derek will kick his ass if you get together. Or at least he used to be scared now I don’t think he cares so much about how Derek would feel.”

I tried really hard to believe Ricky but I just couldn’t. There was no way that Matt would want to be with me. I’m the complete opposite of what he goes for. I wasn’t a brunette for one and I was definitely not a slut

.“Stop lying, I’m not the type of girl he goes for. I act to much like a guy.”I say sadly.

“Whatever Ginny if you want to be miserable then go ahead.” he says with a pout.

I was just starting to think how cute he looks pouting when a wonderful idea hit me.
I started to smile. “Ricky.....”

“What?”he grumbles.

“Will you be my boyfriend?”

“What?”he asks again this time shocked. “Why?”

“Because, just please will you Ricky please? Don’t act like you don’t want to I know you think I’m sexy.”

“Well yeah but still Ginny your boyfriend? I don’t know.” he says.

“Please”I beg
.
“Tell me why I should.”

“Cause you love me and want to make me happy and I totally have an awesome idea forming that I can’t put into words at the moment so just stop being an asshole and say yes.”I demand.

“No.”he says calmly.

“UGH you suck!”

“How is it that you can ask me so easily and not Matt?”he asked.

“Um let’s see maybe because I actually care if he says no. It would kill me.”

“Then don’t care.”he says like it was the most easy thing ever. “Look all you have to do is ask playfully. Trust me it would work.”

“What would work?” Matt asks coming over to get a drink of water.

“Nothing!”

He stared at us suspiciously. “Right

“Ginny just asked me to be her boyfriend and I was like it wouldn’t work and she was like it would work and then I mimicked her and that’s when you came over and was all like ‘what would work’.”Ricky says all in one breath.

“Oh”Matt says looking down. “I didn’t know you liked Ricky Ginny. Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I don’t. I just you know wanted him to be my boyfriend.”

“Ok.....”he says looking really confused and even more adorable.

Just then Derek popped up.

“Hey Matt would it be ok if me and Gin stayed the night? Mom brought home a new guy.”Derek asked.

“Yeah sure that’s fine.”

Score, I think to myself.

Later that night

We had been watching movies all night and everyone had fallen asleep except Matt and I.
My head was currently resting on his chest and his arm was around my shoulders.
He was mindlessly playing with my hair as well. The moment was so perfect. Just the two of us laying there not saying a word. I was super happy. Then he had to ruin it.

“So were you ever gonna tell me you like Ricky?”he asked out of the blue.

I sat up so that I was looking right into his eyes.
“I for real, in all honest truth do not like Ricky as anything more then a friend. I asked jokingly.”I tell him.

“You shouldn’t do that! What if he really liked you?”he asked getting angry.

“Why are you getting so pissed?”

“Because I’ve had that happen to me before. This girl acted like she liked me and it was all a fucking joke to her. She didn’t give a shit about how I felt, she only wanted me cause I’m in a band.” he tells me tearing up a bit.

“I’m sorry that happened to you Matt but it wasn’t like that. We both knew I was joking.”

“How do you know he was joking?”he snapped.

“Because I just got done telling him that I like someone. I asked him out to see if it would make the guy jealous.” I explain.

“That’s still wrong, but I’ll forgive you this time only if you tell me who the guy is.”

Typical Matt has to start demanding. I thought of someone at school I thought was cute.

“Um you know that guy Cody? The one with the shaggy brown hair and lip ring?” I ask.

“Oh yeah, I thought he was gay though.?”

“Why would you think that?”I demand.

“Cause he asked me out once and would stalk me.”

“Ugh that proves it all the guys I like are either gay or unavailable.” I sighed. “Are you sure?”

“Positive. He even grabbed my ass when I walked by him.”he started to chuckle.

“Well that don’t make him gay. I grab that all the time. It’s no secret you have a great ass.

Even straight guys want a feel.” I tell him. He started to blush like mad. “But I guess I can give up on him though, there’s no use going after a gay guy.”

“Sorry”

“Don’t be it’s not your fault, well no maybe it is so..”we both start laughing until a pillow was launched at us.

“Shut the fuck up people are trying to sleep!” mumbled Travis rolling over. Ten seconds later his snores filled the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
a very drunk Matt and Ricky