Status: Back in action!! I am currently writing more chapters, so be on the lookout!

A Little More Personal

Such A Gentleman

"Taresa, please wear something nice tonight."

I glanced down at my black tank-top, light grey jeans, and tennis shoes. "This isn't nice enough?"

"No. Go put on that lovely green shirt that we just bought the other day, and wear those white pants, too."

I rolled my eyes once my mother's back was turned; my dad smiled at me as I murmured, "Yes, Mama."

In my room, I pulled the outfit out of my closet and laid it on the bed. The blouse Mama hadordered suggested I wear was a deep emerald green; form-fitted, it cinched below my breasts before flowing down to my waist. The white slacks were flared at the bottom and elegant. I sighed, swiftly changed my clothes, and then sat at the vanity. I applied a slender line of eyeliner to my bottom lids and swiped a light layer of mascara onto my lashes. I knew my mother would be critical of my make-up. She'd always claimed "oly a floozy puts on a ten-inch-thick face everyday."

"Taresa, we're leaving."

"Coming, Daddy!"

I slid my feet into a pair of strappy silver heels, grabbed my thin over-jacket, and headed down the hall. My parents were waiting; both had cleaned up amazingly well. My mother was wearing khaki slacks, a baby-blue blouse similar to mine, and black shoes. Her greayinghair had been pulled back into a French braid. My father was wearing black pants, a white polo shirt, and his cowboy boots. smiled at the memories they evoked.

"Very nice, Reece-cup."

'Thank you. Let's go, shall we?"

The old truck fit us all, but barely; we made do. Neil was sitting on the front porch when my father pulled into their driveway.

"Evening. Jenny, you look stunning as always."

"Thanks, Neil. You look handsome as well."

"Deborah, they're here."

"Hi."

"Oh, hey, Jay. I didn't see you there."

"I'm pretty quiet."

I gripped his outstretched hand gently, and he helped me slide out of the cab. I could feel his eyes skimming over my body, and a blush crept up my cheeks. He pulled his hand from mine slowly; I cleared my throat softly, smoothed out my blouse, and glanced up at Jay.

"Uh, we should go inside."

"Right."