Screeching Tires

012

“What are you doing?” Alyssa asked as I threw the covers off of myself.
“Why does it matter?” I asked, shivering as I walked towards my door.
“Riley,” she said, grabbing my arm, “Where are you going?”
“After him!” I yelled, pushing her off of me. “I’m not going to let him get away again.” I whispered.
She grabbed onto my arm again “Riley. I know that there’s no talking you out of this, but you should at least put some pants on.”
I blinked at her and nodded, quickly accepting the pair of sweat pants that she had in her hands. She held into my arm as I hopped up and down, quickly pulling the fabric up my legs and securely around my waist before continuing my search for Kyle.

Caleb stopped me as I ran downstairs, concern lining his eyes “Shouldn’t you be resting?” he asked, gently trying to get me back upstairs.
“I’m not letting him run out thinking my mental breakdown was his fault!” I exclaimed, shaking my arm free from his hold. “Where did he go?”
“Maybe you should jus talk to him in the morning.” he tried, looking behind me. I glanced back and saw Riley, who only shrugged.
“She wants to go find him, let her.”
I turned back to look at Caleb, using my eyes to plead with him. He let out a deep sigh and moved to the side.
“He said he was going for a walk,” he said, nodding towards the door, “that normally means he’s going to the park.”
I nodded and threw my arms around him in a quick hug before pushing him out of my way and running out the door.

I slowed my run down so that I was only walking when I could see the park. My breathing started to slow down and I took a few deep breaths to prepare myself.
Maybe going into this with no idea on what I was going to say wasn’t the best of ideas.
My hands started to shake, as I looked around the park, trying to find that blonde head.
Slowly, I walked in, trying to get a better look in the dark. “Damnit, his hair is so fuckin’ blonde that I should be able to see him.” I muttered, hugging myself around the middle, attempting to get warm.
“Should be able to see me?” a voice asked from the shaded shelter.
“Kyle?” I asked, walking towards it, but was grabbed around my middle and pulled away. I started to kick and hit his shoulder as he slowly walked towards the swings and sat me down.
“Don’t you know never to walk towards the creepy voice in the shadows?” Kyle asked, sitting in the swing next to me.
I tried to slow down my breathing as I lightly slapped his shoulder, “You didn’t have to grab me like that!” I exclaimed, using my feet to push myself back and forth.
He answered me with silence, and started to swing.

“You should be at home resting,” he said when he was up in the air. My hair blew slight as he swept past me.
“I wanted to come talk to you.” I told him, moving my head back and forth to watch him.
He skidded his feet on the ground and turned to look at me. “Yeah?”
I nodded my head “I’m sorry.” I said, quickly looking down at my feet and away from his deep brown eyes.
“You have no reason to be sorry.” he said, getting off his swing and squatting down in front of me. “I was the one acting like an ass this whole time. I never gave you a break.”
I blinked at him, “But it was my fault-”
“No, it wasn’t.” he interrupted me. “You didn’t hit my girlfriend’s car.” he cast his eyes down to his dirty shoes.
“No, actually, you hit me with your car,” I said, hoping to lighten the mood.
He chuckled and looked back up at me. “Yeah. Not exactly the best first impression.”
I shook my head. “Not really.”
“How about we start over?”
“Yeah. That would be nice.” I answered.
He stuck his hand out. “Hello, I’m Kyle Burns, and I was wondering if you would like to go out and get some coffee tomorrow, say around noon?”
“Hello Kyle Burns, I’m Riley Jenkins, and I’d love to.” I answered, placing my hand in his.
He pulled me off my swing and gave me a hug before grabbing a hold of my hand again and walking me back towards my home.

Hopefully, this time around will be much better.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end.
I hope you all liked it.
Comments please.

No seqeul, sorry.