Status: Complete.

Hope Begins to Fade

Hope Begins To Fade Ch. 1- No End In Sight

Hope Begins To Fade Ch. 1- No End In Sight

‘Another boring day here at The ‘Digo. Work is so boring…’ I thought, staring at the poster of Avenged Sevenfold hanging on the wall. I’ve worked here at The ‘Digo, a music shop, for a year now. I loved it; nice music, free CD’s sometimes, free tickets to shows, posters, and to top it all off, I get to work with my best friend Jasmine. Speaking of her, here she comes!

“Scarlet!!! You won’t believe what I got!” she yelled, holding something and waving it around. She stopped in front of me. “Mr. Craff just got us some more tickets to a concert!!”

“Oh! Which one!?” there were a few bands playing soon.

She paused, biting her lip. “Avenged Sevenfold!!” my mouth dropped open. Oh my fucking God!! “I know! So I figure we go home, see what we’re wearing, have a girl’s night tonight; you know, popcorn, chick flicks, cute pj’s, and go to the concert tomorrow!”

“Wooo!! All fuckin right!!” I cheered.

“I’ll go get our purses then we can go home!” she ran to the back.

I smiled but glanced down and sighed. This was going to be great! I just hope everything goes as planned. Glancing down, I saw the wing of the Deathbat I’d gotten tattooed on my left hip the year he left and his band formed. I smiled, hopeful but then it faded as tears filled my eyes.

‘He won’t remember me…’ I thought.

As I heard Jaz coming back, I blinked away the tears, grabbing my purse from her. We left; the picture on the poster of him surrounded by his band mates stinging in my mind and appearing every time I blinked…

Jaz was right. We went home, put on a chick-flick, ordered pizza, and then had popcorn.

“I don’t know how you can stand that!” she mumbled as she stuffed popcorn in her mouth.

“Huh? Stand what exactly?”

“Getting those tattoos on you.” She replied. I looked at her like she was crazy. I knew she was random but to pull that outa thin air, what the hell was she on!? I glanced up at the TV and got my answer; the main character was attempting to get a tat but was completely scared of the needle.

“Oh, it’s no big deal!” I ate some popcorn.

“When’d you get your first one again?” she glanced at me.

“I was 16.” I smiled.

“Which one was it?” I slowly lifted my shirt up a bit, revealing the Deathbat. “Oh, that’s right! Because of your neighbor, wasn’t it?”

“Yeah. Matt.” I grew silent after I spoke. She nodded; knowing all the thing’s I’d said about him before. She knew it hurt when he left. I noticed her grin. I was too caught up in my thoughts to ask why.

When the movie was over and out tears dried, we lay in my bed, her in her ‘cute’ blue pj’s, me in my black and green ‘Goth’ ones. We were like sister and often shared a bed; I mean we live together after all! And after saying out goodnights, we fell asleep.

“Scar!! Get up! We gotta eat, get dressed, and leave!”

I turned over and opened my eyes. “Fine!” I moaned, standing up to follow her into the kitchen. We made breakfast and ate.

“Alright, so I figure I’m wearing some tight, low-cut tee and my A7X hoodie with those dark skinny jeans, my Vans, and my black studded belt.” I stated.

“The belt from Hot Topic?” she asked. I nodded. “Nice. I guess I’ll wear some tee, my white star belt with flares, and my sneakers.” She was never one for skinny jeans and shit. “Oh! And that white hoodie! You know, the one you bought me with the stars!” she smiled.

“Oh! Shmexi!” I giggled.

Soon we got our clothes and make up and walked into our separate bathrooms to take our showers. We walked out into the hallway when we were done with everything to see how we looked. We were the clothes we’d talked about. I smiled, knowing her style and I knew she knew mine. She had always used eyeliner as well as I did but she’d put it on ultra thin while I had mine a bit heavier. She’d worn foundation; so did I, she had pink eye shadow on; mine was sparkly purple. We both had nice colored blush on and not too much. Finally, we both had mascara on but she put hers on top and bottom, like usually but mine was only top.

We’d both done our hair. Her hair was a bit longer than mine by about 2 inches. My hair was down past my shoulders. Both beautiful brunettes but her eyes were blue-ish, mine hazel more green. Her hair was always wavy but mine, I’d decided to straighten, a part covering my right eye. That’s how I had it cut. She would later pull her hair up in a ponytail because we had to work today. That was another thing we did similar, always wear a hair tie around our wrists. Hers was always on the left while mine was on the right.

“Alright, sexy! You ready to go to work then the concert?” I asked, holding up my ticket and winking at her.

She held hers up too and winked back. “Mhm, sexy!”
♠ ♠ ♠
alright, so it's slow until the guys come in but I PROMISE it will pick up! This is one of my favorite stories along with In Too Deep so I'm not giving up on it! Even if son one reads XD love you, message and i"ll update sooner!! ;)