Wild Child

Chapter 2: The Bet

I fetched my suitcases and unpacked them, hung some posters on the wall and went to bring out my laptop. When Mandy came yelling in ‘Roxy get up, we’re going to meet our neighbors in 15 minutes’, she didn’t even let me protest because she was already vanished from my door way. I got up and went to find something stunning to wear. I put on a mini skirt and a green halter, I brushed my hair and put on some make up, just the usual – eyeliner, light eye shadow and lip gloss. And went downstairs.

‘How do I look?’ Maya said, turning around so I could see her outfit. ‘Um, I would give an 8’ I said, ‘… and how do I look?’ I continued. ‘Definitely 10’ they both said and I looked at the mirror one more time in satisfaction. It was our thing that before going out we would give votes, these days I find it a little bit ridiculous to do but it’s a tradition of our group. I went out the house and hurried to catch up with the others. ‘Are you ready?’ Mandy said as she rang the bell and I nodded.

A tall guy with curly hair opened the door, ‘We’re your new neighbors’ Maya said blushing. ‘Oh Hi, um come on in’ he said. ‘So I’m Kevin, give me a second to call the others’ he said as he went out of the living room. Maya and Mandy were excited, I could see them trembling. I just looked around the house, it was bigger then our house for sure. Then we saw 3 other boys and a woman coming from upstairs. ‘Hey, I’m Denise. And these are my sons Kevin, Nick and Frankie. I have another one but he’s always somewhere’ she said, the other must be the one that I saw in the room.‘Nice to meet you, I’m Roxy. This is Maya and Mandy’ I said. I stared a bit at the boys, really hot and cute but not really my type. ‘You want to stay for dinner or something?’ she asked, ‘Oh no thanks anyways but we’re very tired. Maybe another time, we just wanted to pass by and say hello’ I said, I didn’t want them to think that we were passing by to meet the Jonas Brothers, at least it wasn’t my intension for sure.

We were heading back to our house, ‘Why didn’t you tell them yes Roxy?’ Mandy said. ‘Cause they would think that you like them or something’ I said. ‘But we do’ Maya said, God it’s unbelievable that this girl doesn’t have any sense in that big head of hers. I opened the door and went into my room again, I switched on the laptop to see if I had any e-mails. I made up my mind to do some research on the boys, I read their biography and stuff when my mouth dropped. Purity Rings?! That’s the sickest idea I’ve ever heard. They could have the hottest girls in America doing whatever they asked and they made up their mind to wait until marriage!! These guys are sick.

It was almost seven , I took a shower the ones that takes about an hour and put on skinny dark jeans and a pink shirt. I was going to go for a walk, I love night long walks they really help me to think about stuff and about life. I was a couple of block away from my house when I heard some creepy noises. Something you need to know is that I get scared of these things quickly, they came louder and louder. I was like a scratching creepy noise.The only thing brave I could do was to run, I turned my head to see if someone was behind me when I bumped into someone.

‘God are you blind or something?’ he asked as he put out the headphones if his iPod from his ears. ‘I’m sorry, I just got scared by something’ I said as I stared at him. Where did I saw this guy before? Maybe he’s one of the boys I hung up with when I got drunk. Not it’s not that… right he’s one of them – The Jonas Brothers. ‘Hey aren’t you a Jonas brothers?’ I asked, ‘Yeah, I’m Joe’ he asked back. ‘Nice meeting you rock star . I have to go now’ I said as I left him staring at me in the middle of the street. ‘Wait! What’s your name?’ he yelled, I turned back and said ‘It’s not important, something tells me we’re gonna meet soon’. He smirked and he put on his IPod back on. I went back home out of breathe, I slammed the door shut and went into the living room. Mandy and Maya were watching a movie, I jumped on the couch.

‘Guess who I met?’ I said, I didn’t let them say any word because I talked again.’someone called Joe Jonas’ I said. I saw their eyes widen up ‘Omg I always said that you’re a lucky bitch but now I confirm it. Did you tell him you’re his neighbor?’ Mandy said excitedly. ‘No, I’ll let him discover that alone’. Then I heard my cell phone ringing.

‘Hello’ I said, ‘Roxy where the hell are you?’ he asked angrily, ‘Um let me see. I’m in somewhere that is called America’ I said, I couldn’t see his face but I knew perfectly that right now his face was turning red with more anger. ‘Roxanne get home in 2 hours or…’ , ‘Or what? You punish me, well I guess you can’t. I’m finally happy without you here dad. So leave me alone’ I yelled angrily and I hung up.

‘God my father is making me sick. I really need something to distract on right now to have some fun’ I said as I laid on the couch. ‘Um, we can go to a party’ Maya said but I ignored her idea, it was dumb as much as she was. I needed something more fun to do. ‘Let’s go and disturb the neighbors. Fuck we can’t do that, our neighbors are the Jonas’ she said, when my sad face turned into a happy one, and I had big smile on my face. ‘What are you thinking Rox?’ Mandy said, she new that when I make that reaction, I had an amazing idea. ‘Okay, something crazy just popped into my head. It’s a bet’ I said, ‘C’mon tell us. You’re killing us here’ Maya said.

‘I bet you that I can make Joe Jonas fall in love with me in a month!!’ I said with excitement, they kept staring at me with their eyes wide. ‘So what you think?’ I asked. ‘Oh my god Roxy. Hell yeah we’re gonna do it.’ Mandy said. ‘No wait! Why would you do that? You’re gonna have some fun by making other people suffer?’ Maya said furiously. ‘Suffer? C’mon we used to love doing this kind of stuff, just because he’s famous and hot doesn’t mean he has something more special than the others right?’ I said trying to persuade her, I knew how Maya would change her mine in a flick of a second.‘But you need to swear that you won’t fall in love with him’ she continued. Me falling in love within a month with Joe Jonas, a Disney channel rock star. NO WAY!! The thought of it makes me laugh. ‘I swear, it’s a piece of cake’ I said, ‘Okay, but don’t say we didn’t warn you about the Joe Jonas charm’ Maya said. I let out a sly smile when Mandy said ‘So, if it doesn’t work you have to do something, since it is a bet right?’. ‘Um I guess so. I will … go back home and be a good girl’ I said with a convinced look on my face. ‘What?! How are you so sure he’s gonna fall in love with you?’ Maya asked, ‘Let’s stop this! If I succeed I don’t want anything just satisfaction but if I won’t I will go back home okay?’ I said ‘… so if he ever tell me he loves me we’re never gonna tell him about the bet okay?’ I continued, if we were gonna do this we had to establish some rules and we had to make it with style right. They nodded, as I waltzed out of the living room to go to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think about this chapter??
Leave reviews please