Wild Child

Chapter 5: The real me

I layed on the couch waiting for the others to come, in the meantime I grabbed a movie that was standing on the couch and played it. It wasn’t interesting or funny but I figured I had nothing to do so it was nonsense to switch it off. I watched it while I shoved in the chocolate ice cream that I had grabbed from the freezer. I heard the door shut and Maya and Mandy came in. ‘Hey you had fun?’ I asked as I put in another spoon of ice cream into my mouth. ‘Yep, so did you do something?’ Maya said, ‘Actually no, but I’m working on it’ I said as I set up of the couch and was making my way to the stairs. ‘You’re sure about it. I mean you can always turn back what you said’ Mandy said. I shook my head, signalizing that it was no. I opened the door , and went to switch my lap top to see if I had any emails, just the usual annoying e-mails form my dad. Joy!!

To:Roxylove@email.com
From:RichardScott@email.com

15th May, 2008 11.00pm

Roxanne, where the hell are you? You may not believe this but I’m worried sick about you. Come home now and you have to pay for stealing all that money from my account. What the hell do you need all that money for? I hope you won’t waste all that money into drugs and alcohol, just please listen to your dad for once. Everyday you seem to be more like your mother than ever. And please answer my phone calls and e-mails.
-------

What the hell? Just because he says that he’s worried sick doesn’t prove he really is, he’s just worried of what the neighbors may think or say. He sure doesn’t know how to be a dad, he acts as if he’s the perfect responsible father ever but the truth is that since he met, fell in love, and married Drusilla Hart – who by the way cheated on my dad million times and he doesn’t believe it, he forgot totally about his daughter and stayed for everything she told him to do. My relationship with my father wasn’t always like this, we used to have fun together, you know the perfect father and daughter relationship- we had it all. But I guess good moments in life come to an end sooner or later. Okay, let’s stop talking about me and father, not something interesting at the moment.

I checked a couple of more e-mails, when I saw the lights in Joe’s room on. I made my way to the balcony and hid myself behind the curtains. I let out a laugh, he stood there wearing only his boxer, while talking to Kevin, the thing I laughed about wasn’t because he was actually with his boxers but because I thought to myself how many girls wanted to be in my position. And the thing is I wasn’t really feeling anything special about seeing Joe fuckin Jonas in his boxers. I waited for Kevin to go out from the room, than I made my way out and said ‘Nice view Joe, really enjoying it’. He looked at me in a shock and made his way where I couldn’t see him, ‘You’re such a perv’ he said as he showed his self again from behind the curtains, this time with his pants on, ‘Well, I never said that I wasn’t’ I said to him with a smirk. He let out a laugh, ‘Well, who can resist Joseph Adam Jonas’ he said as he put his hand onto his chest. ‘Conceited much’ I said as I jumped onto the rope ladder I had for my late sneak outs- it was kind of a ladder I had personally made from rope to escape from home in the middle of the night, or when I got grounded. ‘Where are you going?’ Joe asked, ‘For a walk’ I said as I continued to climb down. ‘Hey, wait for me’ he said, I nodded and made my way on the stoop to wait for his highness.

He showed up from the door, ‘You know, you could have easily went out from this magic thing called door’ Joe said joking, ‘Oh really, I’ll make sure I try it next time… I just love to complicate things’ I said. ‘Oh I’ve noticed’ he said, ‘… you really think that life is just a fun game to play huh?’ he continued. ‘Well, if you put it that way yes’ I said, ‘… I mean I just want to have fun and not waste my life since I’m not a famous rock star’. ‘Hey, being a rock star is not easy as you think, you have to cope with such things that aren’t nice like haters’ he said as we continued walking. ‘I understand, but I live my life completely different than you do. I mean I just love to go outside, freak out and try to have everything I can from one night, to make each day count. And since I’m not a famous girl that people consider me a role model, I figured I have to make myself the super hero of my own life and be a role model for my own self’ I said, wow I couldn’t believe I just said those words, they sounded so deep – not really from me.

‘I like the words you just said, but you know what I look into your eyes and I can see that you’re not as happy as you make people think you are, beneath that smile I think that something is not good, something hurts’ he said as he stared into my green eyes. I tried to avoid making eye contact with him, it was like he was reading what was passing through me and I couldn’t let that happen. What should I say? My father completely ignored me after he married his little Cruella De vil or that my mother left my dad when I was five and nobody knows if she’s even alive. No thanks, I was not letting Mr. Rock Star know about my messed up life. I was lost into my thoughts as I heard him calling my name. ‘Roxy? Roxy? …where you listening to what I was saying?’ he said as he waved his hand in front of my face. ‘Yeah in fact I was just thinking about what you said’ I said, ‘And ? Do you want to tell me what is wrong?’ he asked as he stopped me from continue to walk. ‘Joe it’s nothing really, I’m happy, in fact I’m more happy here than I was at home’ I said, he grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. ‘Okay, if you need someone to talk to just let me know.’ he said with a smile.

‘I’ll let you know. Do you think Dairy queen is still open at this time? I’m in the mood of an ice cream’ I said as I completely changed the subject, he giggled and said ‘Let’s go and check’. We made our way to the right and then again to the left, Chocolate Marshmallow ice cream here we come!!
♠ ♠ ♠
Review as much as you could.
And let me know of what you think?