Love Spells Magic

Dance Off

The faint hints of sunlight began to rise as I looked out the window. It was very early in the morning, almost 4:30 or 5 in the morning. I couldn’t really tell. My brain was still in the process of starting to function. It was our last day at the hotel and most likely the only time I would be in a hotel during tour. We would be performing at the arena for the first time tonight after pulling up here two days ago.

I wasn’t even sure why I had gotten up so early. It may have been the fact I had gone to sleep incredibly early last night. I glanced over at Reiley who was still fast asleep under her sheets. I hadn’t heard her come in last night nor did I hear Nick leave. I assumed he must have left once Reiley had come in. The scent of his aftershave still lingered on the sheets.

I sighed. Today was going to be a long day getting ready for the first concert of tour tonight. I trudged my feet past the mirror and small closet and entered the bathroom. The one thing I loved about hotels was that they were very hygienic and clean. The bright white of the walls and the shiny floors always welcomed me. I leaned over and turned on the shower and let it rise to the temperature of scorching hot. Stripping off my clothes, I stepped in and let the hot water soothe and wake me up.

After a long twenty minutes later, I emerged out of the shower and began to get ready for the day. I threw on a pair of shorts and a tshirt knowing I would have to change later anyway. I plugged in my blow dryer and my Chi straightener to start working on my hair. Half an hour later my dark hair was stick straight and flowed down my shoulders.

Picking up my clothes, I went back to the main room and stuffed them into one of my suitcases. Reiley stirred in bed and turned her body facing me. “Good morning.” She yawned and gave me a slight smile before it turned into a frown after looking at the clock on the nightstand. “5:45!” She yelped. “What are you doing up so early?”

I shrugged. “I couldn’t sleep. But don’t let me wake you up. You can go back to sleep.”

She tossed her legs over the bed and sat up. “I can’t now.” She stood up and staggered for a few minutes before regaining her composure. I started laughing at her but quickly shut up when she sent me a look.

While Reiley took a shower, I took out my new laptop and surfed the net. I caught up on my email and looked through all my favorite gossip websites. It was my secret pleasure that I always loved doing. I didn’t see it as stalkerish, more like interested in what my favorite idols were doing in their daily lives.

Reiley appeared out of the bathroom dressed and proceeded to do the same exact thing I had done earlier. “Do you want to go get breakfast downstairs?”

“Sure. We have nothing else better to do.” I grabbed my cellphone and my set of the keys to the room and walked out the door with Reiley. We chatted about tonight with our nervousness and the excitement that went along with it.

“Gosh there’s nobody here.” I noted as I looked around the deserted lobby. Reiley rolled her eyes. “I wonder why.” We proceeded to the restaurant at the left side of the hotel and went towards the breakfast buffet. I grabbed a plate and took some eggs and a glass of orange juice and sat down at a small table. Reiley joined a few seconds later after picking out her own breakfast.

Reiley and I ate our breakfast peacefully occasionally making fun of the business men that entered the classy restaurant. It felt good to have a friend on tour that I could talk to and share the experience with. I was closer to the younger girls than I was to the older, merely because of our age. I realized that we all had lots of things in common and also may things that were different about us.

We finished our breakfast and began to walk back to our room. The car that was picking us up to take us to the arena wasn’t scheduled to come until 9:45am so we had some time to kill before we had to leave. A couple hours later, we met the rest of the girls down in the lobby to go to the arena. Chatter filled the lobby as we drank RedBull to energize our bodies.

We arrived at the arena by 10am. Michaela had told us the day earlier that we would be taking the stage for a couple of hours to rehearse our songs once more before the boys had to go through sound check.

A blast of cold air hit our faces once we entered the arena. I could see the entire Jonas family working on the stage to set up all the boys’ instruments and technology for the concert. Giggles erupted out of all of us as we raced down what seemed to be millions of stairs to get to the floor of the arena. Heads turned as people heard us shouting and yelling in effort to be the first one down.

We stopped at the bottom catching our breath and laughing at the same time. Smiles appeared on everybody’s faces as we talked nonsense to each other. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and lift me a foot off the ground. I turned around and gave a huge smile.

“Hey.” I grinned and set my arms around Nick’s neck to give him a hug. The RedBull I had consumed this morning was starting to kick in. “Good morning.” Nick smiled at me.

“You’re girlfriend has had many RedBulls this morning. Just a warning.” Reiley stated giving me a shove.

“I’ve been up since four-thirty.” I explained jumping slightly on my toes. My attention was diverted slightly as Michaela called us over to start to the stage. Sighing, we began to head towards the stage to begin our rehearsal.

Nick kept a grip on my arms as I tried to join the other girls. I turned around and gave him a confused expression. Nick smirked. “Calm down.” I shook my head. “Nuh uh. I need the energy.” I wriggled out of his hands and ran to the stage.

An hour later we had finished our quick rehearsal. Michaela was pleased to see how much we remembered and how well we were dancing. Selena had joined us half way through in mid rush after oversleeping that morning. We all had enough energy from all the energy drinks we had drank on the car ride here. Hopefully it would stay in our system until tonight.

“You guys ready for tonight?” Joe asked walking onto the stage with his brothers. Selena and the rest of dancers had decided to stay up on stage and hang out here instead of going back to the small dressing rooms in the back of the arena.

A chorus of “Of course”, and “Yes!” echoed in effort to answer Joe’s question. Most of us were nervous for tonight, but we already had adrenaline running through our bodies.

“I’m going to be so nervous for tonight. I haven’t performed in front of thousands of fans before.” Selena said twirling her hair at the same time.

“You’ll be fine. You won’t even notice everybody there. The excitement of just performing on stage in front of all your fans is what you’ll notice.” Kevin reassured her.

“And you have all your dancers. So if you mess up and fall, you won’t look like a complete
idiot.” Joe added.

Selena scoffed. “Thanks, Joe.”

Joe laughed. “No problem Miss Selena.” He walked over to her and gave her a side one arm hug as an apology. Nick came up behind me and enfolded his arms around me rocking me back and forth. I turned around and pecked him on the cheek quickly before focusing my attention back to the conversation.

“We’re going to be amazing tonight. Nothing is going to go wrong.” Hannah stated.

Selena frowned. “I sure hope so. The only problem we’re still having is the lift in the second song. I’m always afraid I’m going to be dropped.” I lifted an eyebrow directed towards her.

Reiley and I were the ones that carried her on her shoulders. The only time we had dropped her was when we had gotten distracted by the lighting collapsing behind us.

“We won’t drop you.” Reiley asserted with a slight edge to her voice.

Selena smiled. “I know you won’t. I just don’t know if I can trust myself not to fall.” Yeah right.

“Have you guys performed in front of large crowds before?” Nick inquired asking all the dancers. Some shrugged stating it was normal for them while others said it was their first time.

“The only time I was as nervous as tonight was when I was auditioning for this gig. There were so many girls auditioning to be part of the back up dancers on this tour.” Andrea mentioned.

I nodded. “There must have thousands of girls auditioning.”

Nick turned his face towards me. “How bad was it for Camp Rock 2?”

“I didn’t audition for Camp Rock 2. Kishaya, remember her? The dance choreographer? She was at one of the competitions I took part in for my school dance team. She put her word in for me and I got through.” I explained.

Nick smiled. “Well I’m glad she did.”

I rolled my eyes. “Speaking of Camp Rock, I think you may have forgotten something.”

A flustered expression appeared on his face. “What?”

“That dance off you challenged me too? I completely forgot about it till a couple days ago
when I was talking to Shay.” I reminded him.

Nick laughed. “Are you serious?”

“Yes!” I exclaimed. “We have time now. Let’s do it.”

Everyone was watching us with amused expressions on their faces. I turned to Joe. “Convince your brother.” I pleaded.

“This can be a time where you either will look like an idiot in front of your girlfriend or a complete jock.” Joe chuckled.

“Come on!” I ran towards the sound system and quickly asked one of the workers if they could attach my iPod to play throughout the arena. With a reassurance that it was allowed, he obliged and connected my iPod. I scrolled down my list of songs and picked a song to dance to.

The sounds of Low by Flo Rida echoed throughout the arena as I blasted it on full volume. I dashed back towards the group with a big smile on my face. I went up to Reiley and pulled her with me to upstage.

“What are you doing?” Reiley whispered as I tugged on her arms. “I need your help. Remember that video we saw on YouTube this morning?” Reiley nodded. We had browsed the internet this early morning and had eventually landed on the YouTube website. Being bored, we had gone through a few videos and finally reached this one where this Hip Hop group had danced to a medley of songs, with Low being the first song they danced to.

“You want to dance like they did in the video?” Reiley asked. I shrugged. “Sure. The steps were pretty easy. It’s just for a few minutes.” I urged. “If you forget anything, just make something up.”

“Alright.” Reiley agreed.

“Prepare to be amazed.” I yelled back towards the group. Andrea gave me a thumbs up
while I rushed to the side of the stage. The beats started over as I cued the worker to begin the song once again.

Right before the lyrics were about to sing its way through, Reiley and I skipped onto the stage onto adjacent spots with about a feet in between us with our backs turned to the arena. We began to mimic the dance steps like we had seen in the video. Our bodies swayed through the music with us occasionally forgetting the steps and breaking out in a fit of giggles as a result. We would quickly focus again and conjugate some other dance step to replace it. We made it half way through the song before collapsing in laughter and I turned down the volume to dim background music.

Nick was shaking his head in amusement as we walked over to join everyone else again. Reiley and I were halfway of the distance between the group and us before I had a burst of energy and sprinted towards Nick. Jumping on him, I wrapped my arms around his neck as he caught me with a strong grip on me and twirled me in circles.

Laughing, I squirmed out of his arms and stepped back. “Your turn.” I said cheekily.
Nick shook his head. “Nope.”

My jaw dropped open in mock shock. “Why?” He grinned. “Because I know who would won. And I really don’t want to make a fool out of myself in front of everybody.”

Kevin scoffed. “You already do that every day.”

Nick glared at his oldest brother and then at me as I began to chuckle. I quickly shut my mouth in hopes of stifling my laughter. Putting a pout on my face, I attempted one last time to convince him to dance for me. “I’ll make it up to you later. I promise.” Nick murmured quietly enough so only I heard his last comment. I raised an eyebrow but a second later I broke out into a smile as I nodded in agreement.

Holding out onto those two sentences held me out through the entire day. My mind kept getting distracted by the thought of him making it up to me and I’m not going to hide the fact it made me even more attracted to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Valentine's Day/ Single Awareness Day tomorrow =]
Carnations were being sent out during school today. I got depressed, ha.

Here's the video I based the dance off of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qviqQjmsj7E

I've gotten so many messages and comments asking about the dance off. So I thought I would base this chapter off of it haha. New Story? http://www.mibba.com/story/jonaslovee/Sunshine-in-my-Heart/

It's a three day weekend! Yayyy!

Leave the comments!
Lovee,
Kodhai <3