This Could All End In Tragedy

Chapter Seven

I smiled one last time as Brandon walked out of the front door.

The smell of tremendous rainfall slipped through the air as dad slipped on his Nikes's.

I looked through the foggy glass front door while observing the overcast sky. I saw Brandon open up the black SUV's car door and get in.

The sky still had an angry look but sun rays were barely peaking through.

I stared down at my pink slippers and black shorts as dad got up.

He looked over at me and smiled. I returned it and walked over to him.

"Have fun at the game dad." I said softly while wrapping my arms around him.

I breathed in his aroma of Calvin Klein cologne as he lightly padded the top of my head.

"You have fun with Alex. We'll be home a little late, I'll see you soon hun." he said while smiling down at me as I let go of him.

I smiled back as he adjusted his plain black button up top.

"Alright Alex? She's yours now. Bring her home in one piece and keep in touch." dad yelled from the bottom for the staircase while laughing lightly.

I heard Alex laugh from upstairs as Nadar barked at him.

"You can count on me. Bye, have fun. Stay out late Johnny, we won't even be home till like eleven." Alex replied while Nadar ran down the staircase to where I was standing.

I heard dad sigh while bending down to pet Nadar.

"Bye." he said while he smiled at me and walked towards the front door.

"Bye dad." I called out after him right before I shut the glass door.

I groaned and followed Nadar up the stairs to Alex who was sitting on the black pleather couch watching some stupid wrestling show.

I dug my toes into my slippers as he let that evil smirk grow on his face.

I stood at end of the staircase I had just walked up and right by the staircase that led upstairs.

I continued to stare at Alex with my eyebrows raised.

This continued for a few seconds before Nadar started barking again while he ran to the kitchen.

"See, even Nadar agrees we should just stay home." I stated while adjusting the glasses on the bridge of my nose.

Alex laughed and patted the seat next to him on the couch.

I frowned.

"No. You're an ass with vocal damage, I'm going to go take a shower." I said while smiling as Alex wiped the smirk off his face.

"Ugh. Come on Emily, you need to get out of this place. And don't take too long!" he yelled as I climbed the wooden stairs to my bedroom.

"I know your species. You girls take long showers. Hurry up woman." he called after me as I reached the top floor and walked towards my bedroom.

I smiled.

"Shut up braceface." I yelled down the stairs.

"You're a bitch." Alex stated as I opened up my bedroom door.

I walked slowly towards my closet and wondered what Alex had planned for tonight. I had been tense all day, I hadn't talked to Will in over 24 hours. I missed his voice, I wanted to call him from the house phone but Alex would probably listen in.

I sighed and decided I'd call Will in the morning before anybody got up.

I stretched out and slipped off Brandon's over sized Atreyu zip up.

I opened up my closet door and let my mind wander.

If I was going to be dragged out of the house, I wasn't going to look like royalty.

I decided to wear my black soccer shorts with my white and black soccer hoodie. I groaned when I realized I couldn't wear flip flops because of my feet. I decided to wear my black ankle high soccer socks with my Adidas slip on sandals.

I smiled as I grabbed all my clothing and travel bag.

I walked out of my room and straight to the bathroom.

I shut the door behind me and walked across the large bathroom to open the window. The bathroom was on the top level of the house and I always enjoyed the nice ocean breeze from the window.

I inhaled the ocean smell as I put my clean clothes on the counter.

I sighed and took my hair out of its messy bun. I let my long dark brown locks fall past my chest in messy waves.

I took my shower necessities out of my travel bag and started the warm water.

I yawned again while slipping out of my clothes.

Soon I was lost in a daze of warm steam and fruity shampoo.

I took my time to relax under the warm water and let myself soak in the feeling of cleanliness.

I groaned disapprovingly as the water slowly turned cold.

I stepped out of the foggy glass shower doors and shivered at the air streaming in from the bathroom window.

I dried off my body before wrapping my hair in a towel.

I lathered lotion over my body and took my time changing into my shorts and blue lace cami.

The wind from outside freshened the air around me as my eyes studied the sky through the bathroom window.

The sun was now peeking through a few clouds and reflected a beautiful orange light off the crystal sea waves.

I smiled at the beauty of it and turned back around to stare at my own reflection in the mirror.

I frowned as I spied bags under my eyes.

My crystal blue eyes were sharp and bright. I could always stare someone down if I needed to with those orbs.

I decided to go makeup free, after all, for all I knew Alex was probably dragging me to Chuckie Cheese or some dumb basketball game.

I put some moisturizer on my face and slid Chapstick onto my chapped lips.

Soon my hair was wet in its natural waves and I was ready to go.

I packed up my stuff and grabbed my old clothes.

Back in my bedroom I slipped my socks on and threw my dirty clothes in the growing pile by my closet.

"Jesus Christ lady. It's only been like an hour and a half." Alex complained from the foot of the staircase.

I smiled.

"Jesus Christ Braceface, we still have the whole night. So shut it." I replied while looking myself over in my bedroom mirror.

My black soccer socks came up to my mid ankle, they contrasted with my pale skin.

My blue lace cami came over the top of my plain black soccer shorts as my black and white soccer hoodie rested on top of everything.

I smiled lightly. Either my soccer hoodie or Brandon's hoodies always made me the most comfortable.

I thought over what could possibly happen tonight while peaking out my bedroom window at the sun rays.

I grabbed my vintage sunglasses while smirking.

I slowly walked out of my bedroom and shut the door loudly behind me to hint Alex of my arrival.

My black and white slip-on Addidas sports sandals flapped against the wooden floor as I slipped the sunglasses onto the bridge of my nose.

If anything pissed Alex off more than bad drivers, it was people who wore sunglasses when they didn't need to.

I gracefully jumped down the stairs while Nadar ran around Alex in circles.

"It's about time." he commented while slipping on his shoe.

"I'm ready." I replied while smirking at him.

"Oh hell. Not the sunglasses Emily." he said while groaning.

I smirked even bigger at his reaction.

"Let's get going braceface." I replied while walking down the stairs in front of him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler, I know it sucked.
I kind of picture Emily like This/