Blood Fangs

Chapter 1

“Lizard” Spike asked “You still there?”

Regaining her train of thought “Oh! Yeah” she said “sorry I zoned out” she grabbing her skateboard and sprinting out of the front door, with her back pack slung over her shoulder, with her skateboard in one hand along with her lunch, and her cell phone in the other. Lizard Melmont, born Elizabeth Melmont is eighteen years old, and born into a vampire family, pretty normal right? She has one thing that continues to bring her happiness, her boyfriend of five years Spike Cinder

“Did you bring the rice crispy treats?” Spike asked eagerly

Smiling to herself Lizard replied “of course,” as though everybody brought rice crispy treats with them everywhere they went. “Shit!” she cursed into the phone

“What?”

“I forgot my mp3,” she said feeling like such a materialistic girl.

“Oh, that’s ok! I’ve got mine, we’ll just sit really close” Spike said emphasizing the ‘really’.

“Of course I have no problem with that idea” I laughed

“Thought so,” he said smiling to himself

“Are you sure you don’t mind sharing one of your pride and joys” I teased

“Nah, you’re more pride and joy than my mp3 will ever be” he paused “it doesn’t love me back”
All Lizard could do was smile.

“Where are you?” she heard his voice ask through the receiver

“Um, Spear street I think” she replied stepping off her skateboard and sitting on the curb “where are you?”

“Coming up on Marley Street,” he said

It was nicknamed Marley Street because one house had a very large Bob Marley flag in the front of the house all year round.

“I’ll be there right about” he paused “NOW!” skateboarding past Lizard smiling a brace face grin.

Giggling to herself she closed her phone and stood up to hug her boyfriend, who graciously returned the favor by kissing her. Lizard reached into her backpack and pulled out a heart-shaped rice crispy treat. “Here you go,” she said handing it to Spike.

He laughed “Awesome!” he said grabbing Lizard into his arms and kissing her one more time.

“Is it homemade?” he asked licking the tips of his fingers for the last remainder of marshmallow, while making smacking noises.

“Yeah” Lizard smiled “I made it myself…from the back of the cereal box” she exclaimed proudly

Looking down at her watch “shit, we’re gonna be late!” she said getting onto her board and heading towards the direction of the school, while Spike was trying to catch up.

“Liz! It’s only seven we’re not gonna be late!” he said trying to catch his breath.

“No, Frank and Bill are gonna skate through the school grounds then end but going through Principal Sheila’s window!”

He laughed “what dumb asses, I mean it’s awesome but seriously! ”

“I know, but it’s damn hilarious” I said

“I have to see this” he said making his half smirk half questioning look while shaking his green hair into his face. “By the way cool fangs”

Yeah by now I’m guessing you think this book is going to be a typical story of teen angst and vampire obsessed girl, I am a typical girl except for the fact I’m only half vampire. I’m supposed to be full Vampire but for some reason it didn’t happen, while my older brother Mastiff is full vampire. To tell you the truth, I’m glad I’m only half: never having to run from garlic, not go into the sun, see crosses. Though I never really liked any of those things, it’s nice not having to be afraid of them. My mom and step-dad want me to become full vampire, which would require me to be bitten by one and suck the blood of that vampire on sacred ground and then I’m there’s for eternity. That’s not the case, I’m in love with a 100% human and there is no changing that…I hope. Being half human means I still age but if I bite someone I stop and so does the victim, which turns theme into a half vampire like myself. It gives whole new meaning to the saying “bite me”. No, I can’t fly, and I have the smooth flawless skin of vampires, but I did have the palest skin out of the California teens at my school. My brother was the exception. Mastiff Melmont, also known as my older vampire brother. He has a very short temper, very untrustworthy with my friends especially Spike. He intimidates most people by his facial looks and height. I hate that he hates Spike, but he’s said it’s just trying to keep me “safe”. From what is what I want to know? We live in a big Black Mansion on top of hill that over looks the Berkeley Bay into San Francisco. No, that’s a lie we live in a Black house on the outskirts of Berkeley, just a couple blocks away from where Spike ‘s dad lives and his mom’s house, which is in Berkeley. My room consists of Green Day, The Sex Pistols, The Aquabats posters, an extensive CD collection, Ramone’s Pillow case, Marilyn Manson blanket, clothes strewn everywhere. My brother’s side is completely different except for the Marilyn Manson memorabilia. He has The 69 eyes posters, Children of Bodem, System of a Down, Metallica, Lamb of God posters all over his walls, with Black pillow cases and an extensive collection of Vampire books. With black chained pants, shirts, and a pair of boots all over his room. A little variety never hurt anybody.

Suddenly getting self-conscious and turning a very noticeable shade of pink “oh, thanks”
I said shyly

“Sorry!” Spike said noticing her embarrassed face “I didn’t mean to make you get embarrassed,” he said, “They’re just really cool!”

I smiled up to him; “I got them from the pharmacy on Central Ave”

“Well it’s very you in a way” he paused “well more like Mastiff I guess” he laughed

We were rounding the corner to the High School. When this black convertible zoomed right by, sending myself to the hard black pavement.

“Damn it” I cursed clutching my head.

“Holy shit!” Spike yelled “Are you alright?” he kneeled down to help me up.

“Yeah, I’m fine” I lied “what a jackass.”

“No kidding, how fast was that douche going?” Spike said grabbing my messenger bag for me. “Let’s head to school”

I got on my board and grabbed my messenger back and started riding towards Ravens High School. The familiar Erie tune of The Exorcist chimed in. I reached for my cell phone and I wasn’t looking where I was going, I hit a bump and hit a tree head on. I was pretty clumsy, and I was out cold.

Spike rushed over to her side, “Lizard?” he paused waiting for a response “Lizard! Come on!” getting no response he reached for his bottle of water and poured it on her face.

Gasping for air Lizard eyes opened so wide, and began to cough to catch her breath.

Giving a sigh of relief Spike tossed his water bottle aside “are you okay?” he asked, still holding Lizard’s hand.

“Why is my face wet?” I asked, mascara, and eyeliner smeared across my eyes.

“You ran into a tree, and were knocked unconscious” he said “as crazy as it sounds”

I snorted “It runs in the family” she smiled “I bet I look like a raccoon right now that was cross bred with a zebra” she said meaning all her black make-up had covered her face you couldn’t tell who was under.

“Still flawless to me” he said helping her up again.