Blood Fangs

Chapter 2

It was the last day of school, which meant I was to use my summer for College purposes, which meant this would be the absolute worst summer of my life. I have to leave behind Spike because he’s a year younger. So I will be whisked of into being a senior, while he’s a junior and then shipped to a bigger school and greater chance of being hated there too. I had a knack for becoming someone’s enemy by accident.

“Hello Liz” the voice of my older brother Mastiff crawled into my ear.

“Hey Mastiff” I replied in a cheery tone. He growled, which could only mean my cheery tone had gotten to him. “What? Is my cheery mood to happy for you” I said turning to face him. “What do you want Mastiff?” I sighed talking a bite from my rice crispy.

A smirk crawled across his lips “have you seen spike lately”

I looked up at my brother “what did you do?” I growled swallowing the last bites of rice crispy and slamming my locker door shut.

His expression turned to a sarcastic surprised. “Liz, I did nothing…yet” he smiled

I lifted my arm to hit him but he was already gone. “I hate it when he does that” I whispered just loud enough so only I heard it. I ran off to find Spike before Mastiff did.

I ran outside by the bikes to find him sitting under a tree, listening to his mp3 nodding his head slightly to a beat. I walked over and sat next to him and placed my face inches from him. He opened his eyes and lunged on top of me “You thought you would scare me” he teased with a smile.

I was the one surprised then I pouted “since when did you get so aquatinted with your surroundings?” I asked wiping the grass off my shirt and sitting cross-legged under the tree with him.

He chuckled “I saw a shadow move in front of my face” he smiled “I had no idea it was you until I opened my eyes”.

I nodded rested my head on his shoulder “Tired?” he laughed

“mmm no”I yawned “just resting my head” a smile on my face.

He smiled to this response “Well, alright ”he smiled covering me with his sweatshirt.

I was awoken to kids screaming. School was done. I opened my eyes to see that Spike had fallen asleep too. I felt bad but I had to shake him to wake him up. He jumped and looked around. “Hey” I yawned smiling.

He smiled “Hey yourself” he said pulling me into a hug. “Is school over?”

All I could do was smile at his ability to be so oblivious. “Yes, it’s over” I said

“Well then we should go do something” he announced “but I’m really to comfortable to get up” He laughed.

“Well then I guess we’re just going to have to stay in this spot forever” I joked “come on we have to get up” I said moving to stand, but being pulled right back down to the ground again.

“No” Spike whined “don’t leave me” he pouted hugging me for dear life.

I laughed “I wasn’t going to leave you” I smiled kissing him on the cheek “I couldn’t and wouldn’t”

In return I received a bigger smile and a snog. Breaking lips for air I said, “We really have to go” I insisted.

“Why in such a rush?” he questioned

I was about to reply when the reason showed up right beside the tree. “Mastiff…”

Mastiff had always seemed to hate Spike. Spike was just plain scared of Mastiff.
“Hello Spike, and Elizabeth” he said using my real name. This can’t be good.

“Hey dude” Spike said standing up, while helping me up.

“I just wanted to make sure Lizzie here wasn’t in trouble” Mastiff said glaring at Spike with an ice cold stare.

“Mastiff” I sighed “Why would I be in trouble? I’m with Spike.” I said hugging Spike’s shoulder.

“That’s why” he replied “You can never trust mortals”
Yep he did it, he’s gonna do something.

“Mastiff, shut up!” I growled “we’re mortals? And I’m pretty sure I can figure out who I can and cannot trust for myself thank you.” I said starting to walk away with Spike. “sorry about that” I said looking at him.

“It’s alright, I understand to a certain extent” he said squeezing my hand “Where to m’lady?”

I thought for a moment, “I’m in the mood for Chocolate” I replied licking my fangs.