Claud Faust

Mr. Faust

It was morning and another day for school. Claud was up early sitting on top of the roof of their house staring at the sunrise.

“Claud you’re going to be late for school!” Claud’s mother yelled.

Claud came down got dressed and headed downstairs.
At the kitchen, he saw his mother on her middle ages. His father died a long time ago in a car accident which haunted Claud for years thinking it was his fault. Claud and her mother don’t talk much and barely speak of anything.

“Your food is at the table” Claud’s mother mentioned.

“I’m going mom, I’ll grab a bite on the way.” Claud said blankly and walked straight to the doorstep.

For years Claud has been keeping grudges inside of him even on his own mother.
When he was a child, people looked at him as a freak or some kind of a mutated science experiment. He was not normal at his age; He was stronger and faster than an average adult. His parents always have to move for his own good. He can see that his parents were not proud of what he has become.

Claud doesn’t have any real friend’s cause no one would want to. He’s always feared wherever he goes. He feels like he was cursed to be alone forever.

At school, people noticed him immediately and gave him a vile gaze. He ignored them and walked straight to his locker, grabbed some things and headed over to his classroom.
His first class was physics. Claud sat on the last row to the left beside the window. He stared at the clouds and watch as it slowly moves.

Over to the front were a group of girls talking.

“That kid is really creepy! Only a fool would dare talk to him” One girl mentioned.

Then a new girl looking all pretty and neat walked in the front door. She heard what the girls were talking and asked

“What did he do that could possibly make him that foul?”

The girls looked at each other and looked back at the new girl staring her from head to toe.
One of them stood and said

“and you are?"

The girl smiled and replied “I am a transfer student from Manila. My name is Anna”

“Ok Anna why don’t you go over there and be friends with him?” Ennis, the tough one on the group said daringly provoking Anna.

Feeling provoked, Anna exhaled and walked towards Claud. She stopped, looked at him eye to eye and greeted.

“Hi my name is Anna mind if I sit next to you?”

Claud stared at her for a while then shifted his eyes on the teacher entering the room.

“Ok to your seats now we have a new student joining us, Ms. Willheart would you mind?” The teacher requested.

Anna walked in front and introduced herself.
“My name is Anna Willheart and I am a transfer student from Manila. I’m kind of new here so I really don’t know anyone except that guy on the back who hasn’t told his name yet.”

Some of the student gazed at Claud.

“Ok then who wants to sit with her?” The teacher asked.
Claud raised his hands and said “you can sit here if you can hold on to it”

Anna sat right next to Claud and started the class. The two of them were so silent. No one dared to talk and the next hours were so quiet and boring.

Then the bell rang for lunch break.

Claud immediately went outside the classroom.
Anna followed him at the back of the school in which a big Molave tree resides.

Claud sat and rested.

“So Mr. Faust this is your spot huh?” Anna asked.

Claud didn’t answer and has his eyes closed.
“I can see that you’re not so friendly Mr. Faust. Maybe that’s why people hate you. I think you should socialize a little” Anna added.

Claud still didn’t answer back.

“Mr. Faust?”

Anna walked towards him and shaded Claud’s sunlight

Claud’s eyes opened slightly and gazed at Anna from her legs up to her head.

“What do you want from me?”

Anna smiled and said “That’s better, a good start for a good conversation”.

“I don’t want to talk to anyone. Leave me alone”
Claud stood slowly and tidied the wrinkles from his uniform.

“That’s weird, I thought you said nice to meet you new classmate can I tour you around the campus?” Anna said sarcastically.
“Look lady, your bugging me so go away” Claud replied rudely.

Anna sighed and said;
“You really need a total make over cause your hair is a mess”.