Where I Love To Be

1

“That was The best concert I’ve ever been too!” Amy exclaimed as we exited the arena.

“I have to agree with you on that. Never in a million years had I imagined them to be that good!” I told her with a goofy grin on my face.

“So… that means you’ve changed your mind about them?” She asked me with a glint of hope in her eyes.

“Totally.”

Amy beamed with happiness and started to jump up and down like a little kid who had been told that she could have all the candy she wants. People started to stare at us but we couldn’t care less.

We made our way into the parking lot; to the second floor.

“I still can’t understand why you’re so excited about the fact that I actually like the band,” I told her when we got on the second floor.

“Because I knew that behind all those insults and names you gave the band I knew that deep down you actually like the band. And I also believe you might fancy a certain lead guitarist.” She said with a smirk making its way on her lips.

“Who?” I asked playing the I-have-no-idea-what-you’re-talking-about card.

“Oh, just the one who you kept staring at throughout the whole show.”

“Right…” I said sarcastically.

xxXxx

“So… where are we going tonight?” Amy asked me bringing me out of my thoughts.

“I thought about going at Vicky’s,” I said as I drove out of the parking lot.

Amy turned the CD player on and “Use Somebody” by Kings of Leon blared through the speakers.

“Yeah cool. So we have about 30 to 45 minutes tops for us to get ready,” she stated after looking at the watch.

“Yes and I do hope that you already picked an outfit for tonight?”

“Umm…no b-, “ she replied before I cut her off.

“Oh come on Amy!”

“But I don’t know what to wear!” She told me in a childish voice.

“Ok listen; you have to hurry up in the shower and then I’ll find you something to wear,” I said, speeding a little more.

“Thank you! Thank you, Val!”

A few seconds later I had to stop since the traffic lights turned red. Before I knew it I spaced out out while staring at the black SUV BMW which was next to us, and let me tell you it was a beauty. I always had this passion for sports cars, well actually any car but sports cars always had this effect on me like actually making me feel free. It's kind of funny but the feeling of your heart beat racing when driving at high speed and the feeling of freedom like no one can stop you is fantastic, sometimes it actually makes me feel like I'm flying.

I stopped dreaming when I heard the SUV’s engine roar. To which I roared my car’s engine as well. The driver of the SUV heard my car and roared the engine again.

Tires screeched before I shifted into third gear and sped up. I passed the BMW and thought that I had lost him but out of nowhere he gained more speed and sped past us.

But before he could even thought he won I sped past him earning a slight scream from Amy and a victory for me.

I smiled in victory as I turned on the left while the other car kept going straight. I loved a challenge but I loved it even more when I win it.

“You wouldn’t guess what happened in class today. Sarah stuck a piece of bubblegum in Andy’s hair!” Amy told me in her lovely British accent.

“What! Why did she do that?” I asked amused and a little shocked by the girl’s action.

“Well we were doing arts and crafts and Andy was smudging glitters on Sarah’s hand and face. So as to get even she put bubblegum in his hair when he wasn’t looking. It was actually kind of funny even though I had to keep a serious face when their mother’s came. They ended up apologizing and became friends again although I can’t say the same about their mothers.”

I laughed as I imagined the scene in my head. In the mean time we had arrived at our house and were now getting out of the car. We owned a two-story house with a small backyard and front yard. It isn’t large but we love it. It has three bedrooms and two bathrooms; one on each floor. As you enter through the front door you’ll find the stairs in front of you and a corridor which leads to the living room, kitchen and bathroom.

On your left you’ll find the living room. It is a rather spacious room which has a large window overlooking the front yard. A comfy and lovely black sofa can be found in the middle of the room with a 42 inch flat screen TV opposite the sofa. Beside the TV there is a bookcase on one side and on the other side there is an acoustic guitar attached to the wall with loads of pictures under it.

On your right you’ll see the kitchen which is almost as big as the living room. It has a full-size table on the right side of the room while on the left side it has a beautiful breakfast table with black stools on one side. Also something I loved about our kitchen was the huge glass door next to the kitchen which has a view of the backyard. So in the morning when you have breakfast you can eat while enjoying the view if the barbeque, wooden table with chairs, our swing and the huge pine tree.

I made m way upstairs to my room and grabbed some clean underwear. Amy had already got into the bathroom downstairs so I had to go to the upstairs bathroom. I took a five minute shower, brushed my teeth and put on my clean underwear. I wrapped a towel around my body and made my way into Amy’s room. I opened her closet and looked through her clothes. I finally decided on a yellow dressy top, black straight leg jeans and her peep-toe heels.

“Now for my clothes” I murmured to myself as I went into my room.

I was going to wear a cute dark pink and white top with a bow on it, black straight leg jeans and my black peep-toe heels. I quickly slipped on the garments and put on some makeup; black eyeliner, dark pink eye shadow, mascara and lip-gloss. I brushed my hair and straightened my fringe. I grabbed my purse and put on my earrings and left my room to see at what stage was Amy at.