I Will Never End Up Like Him

1

"Cole!" Brittany giggled as he attacked her neck. Gosh I hate that girl. Because I am jealous? No! I am just annoyed...and jealous. It's just, Cole used to be my best friend. I used to have a huge crush on him, but I was growing to hate him. He still hangs out with me...occasionally. I just don't understand how he can know a girl for 3 months and ditch me for her. That's right, they have only known eachother for 3 months, and they have been dating for 2.
"Amy." Joe snapped his fingers in front of my face. Yup, that's me. Amy Wilson. The hopeless sophomoore who lovesher family, except for the fact thather parents are always on business trips and whosebest friend ditched her for Brittany. I am very responsible for my age, considering my parents are always gone. I have learned to take care of myself and keep the house clean.
"What?" I snapped back at Joe. Joe Trohman. He was one of my good friends, but he wasn't my best, and neither was Cole anymore. Peter Wentz was. Petewas handsome, he could've easily been popular, but he chose to hang out with us...which made him a "reject".I also had Andy and Patrick. Andy was a rebel, he didn't care what people thought about him and did what he wanted. Patrick was the shy one. He was a cutie though, and he was really smart, we had grown a lotcloser in the last 3 months.
"You were staring." Joe said.
"I am just tired." I said rubbing my eyes.
"Or crushing." Pete said.
"maybe." I mumbled not wanting to put up a fight.
"You, okay?" Pete asks noticing my effortless 'come back'.
"Yes. I am just tired." I said annoyed this time.
The rest of the day went by like normal. The bell finally rang signaling it was the end of the day. I started down the hallway to see Cole and Brittany liplocking not far from my locker. Great! I stared at the ground and shuffled past them quickly. I opened my locker with one goal in mind: get bag, close locker, get out.Which was going smoothly until someone tapped my shoulder. Great!
"Hey, Amy!" Cole says smiling.
"Hi." I say turning back around to continue putting books in my locker.
"So, do you want to hang out tonight, since it's Friday?" he asked me.
"Nah, I am hanging out with Pete, but it's okay, cause I'm sure you can hang out with Brittany." I said harshly.
"No, I can't. She is going out of town for the weekend." He said sadly.
"Oh, well, sorry. I got to go. Bye." I say closing my locker and heading for the door. I stepped outside to be greeted by Pete, Andy, Joe, and Patrick. I wasn't lying when I said I was hanging out with Pete. I just didn't want to mention the other guys, because then Cole would figure he could come along, plus Pete intimidates him.
"Amy!" Pete shouts as I head towards them.
"Hey, guys, what are we doing tonight?" I asked.
"Well, whose parents are gone?" Joe asked. He wasn't planning on doing anything bad. He just liked to be loud and run around, but didn't want to annoy any parents. I raised my hand shyly. My parents were never home.
"Amy's house it is!" he said heading to his car. I headed to Pete's car. He took me and Patrick to school just about every day, because he lived a couple houses away from mine and Patrick's.
I hopped into the passenger side as Pete got in the driver's seat and Patrick slipped in the back.
"So...what's really wrong?" Patrick asked me. He could read me so easily.
"So there is something wrong?!" Pete asked confused. That made me smile.
"I am just tired." I said again.
"No, I mean with Cole. You like him, right?" Patrick asked.
"I hate Cole." I said, I really did hate cole.
"That's harsh." Patrick said.
"Your mom's harsh" Pete cut in. I laughed at this. Pete hated serious moments. He always had to break them.
"so what if it is? He is a jerk." I said proudly.
"He still considers you his friend, though." Patrick said.
"So, I don't consider a friend someone you only hang out with when your girlfriend is out of town." I said.
"PETE! Turn here, quick, go to Walmart!" I yelled at Pete who jumped.
"Why?" he questioned.
"Just do it!" I yelled. He turned.
"But still, that is harsh." Patrick said. I left it at that.
Pete pulled into the Walmart parking lot. "I ran out of milk this morning." I explained as I dug through my messenger bag for some money. I jumped out of the car and ran into walmart. I was heading for the milk when I saw Cole! Why on earth was he here?! I dodged him and pulled open the door to the milk. I grabbed a gallon and jumped when I turned back around.
"Boo." Cole laughed as I jumped.
"Hi." I said rudely.
"I thought you were hanging out with Pete." He questioned.
"I am he is in the car. Speaking of Pete I have to go." I mumbled walking away. He ran in front of me.
"Are you ignoring me?" He asked.
"No, why would you think that? Bye, Cole." I mumbled walking faster up to the counter. I was paying when Cole walked past again.
"Well, sorry for whatever. Bye, Amy." he said heading out the door. I payed and stomped out of the stoor. I swung open the the door to Pete's car and threw the milk in the back sitting down angrily.
"Ouch, what was that for?!" Patrick asks...oops. guess I hit him.
"Just go." I said.
"What happened?" Pete asked.
"Cole was in there. Must I explain. Just go to my house. Andy and Joe probably can't get in." I said cooling off a litte.
"Well did he talk to you?" Patrick asks.
"More like attacked." I said as Pete started the car, "He thinks that he can ignore me all the time unless he doesn't have anything better to do!" I complained.
"ah." was all Patrick said.
We got to my house to see Andy and Joe on the porch. I stepped out. "Sorry, had to get milk." I explained unlocking the door. I threw the milk in the frigde and fell on the couch.
I wasn't going to let the run-ins with Cole ruin my day. "What do you guys want to do?" I asked.
"I don't care, but unlike you, I actually am tired."Joe said sitting next to me. I was shocked. Joe was never tired.
"Joe, are you serious?!" I asked him eyes-wide.
"uhh....yes." he said giving me a 'duh' look.
Everyone stared at Joe.
"Guess this means were having a movie night." Pete said still shocked that Joe was tired.
"What movie?" I asked opening the cabinets to our movie shelves. We have about 450 movies. Before my parents were consumed with work, and my brother moved out, we loved movies...go figure.
Pete picked out about 4 movies.
We all decided on Happy Gilmore first. Pete had taken my seat and Andy had taken the spot next to Joe, so I went into the kitchen to make some popcorn. I made 5 bags. It may sound like alot, but Pete eats like a horse. I walked back into the living room and was attacked by Pete. He grabbed all of the bags except 1 which was enough for me and Patrick. I sat back down and offered him some. He grabbed some and we watched the movie. We were all shocked when Joe fell asleep. We turned off the movie and went up to my room so he wouldn't wake up.
"I have officially seen everything." I said once we got upstairs. They laughed, "but I am glad he fell asleep, cause I wasn't exactly in a movie watching mood." I said.
"Yeah, Cole has that affect on you." Andy smirked.
"You are sick." I said hitting him on the shoulder.
We got in my room and sat on the floor. Andy, Pete, and Patrick were kind of like girls...I guess that's my fault. What I mean by this is, they don't mind sitting up in my room, joking, talking, and giggling? yes. It's true, they giggle. I was sitting with my back facing the door. We were talking when we heard
"You've got mail!" I must've left my computer on last night. Gosh.
"I've got mail!" Pete gasps jumping up to check it.
"No, Pete!" I yell getting up to stop him.
"Ah, so it's secret mail?" Pete raises a brow then gives Andy a look. Pete turned back around andI started towards him until Andy pulled me back down and pinned me to the ground. I rolled my eyes.
"Sorry, Andy, but I just don't like you like this." I said innocently. Andy rolled his eyes and sat up still not letting me up.
"Hey, this is good stuff." Pete says.
"Guys, stop." Patrick butts in.
"She's the one who left her computer on." Pete says innocently.
"Oh, your right. Let me read it." Patrick says pushing Pete aside, "This is some juicy stuff." Patrick says as Pete sits back down. What on earth? I never get juicy emails? and why would Patrick give in that easily?! I was so confused. I just wanted to read my email.
"Hey, Pete, who is Hannah?" Patrick grins. Pete gets wide-eyed.
"You're on my email?! How'd you get my password?" Pete yells.
"How did you like a taste of your own medicine?" Patrick asks logging out of Pete's email. I laughed at Pete and Patrick's expressions. I push Andy off.
"Can I read my email?" I say.
Patrick steps away from the computer saying, "I didn't read it, by the way."
I smile I kiss him on the cheek. He blushes and I didn't think anything of it. "I see who the trustworthy one is." I say opening my email.
Oh my gosh this email actually was juicy...what a slut?! It was from Brittany.
"Amy, I don't know why you think you could be a jerk to my boyfriend. He has done nothing to you. I thought you guys were friends? I know we have never really met, but now I don't think we will. I don't want to meet someone who is such a brat. Just leave Cole alone."
what the heck? I hadn't been bothering Cole, and why did he tell her. She makes it sound like I beat him with my purse or stalked him. She doesn't even know me... well I am just going to delete it like a mature person would do..wait me? mature? haha heck no!
*Reply*
"Brittany, You're boyfriend was the one talking to me. I wasn't mean...maybe a little rude, but I was in a hurry to get home. I had guests coming over. Plus, this isn't your business. So if he was mad. He should email me. Not get his little girlfriend to fight his battles. So, please, don't email back."
I sent the email, and exited. Gosh. Gosh Gosh Gosh! I was so annoyed. I always hate when someone butts into a situation and tries to make it way bigger than it really is. "That Wasn't Good Stuff." I said to Pete rolling my eyes. I walked over andstood with my back to the door. "What was that all about, though?" Pete questioned. "I don't know to be honest. She doesn't know what she is talking about." I said annoyed. I was about to say something else when someone grabbed my hips. I screamed so loud. Everyone died laughing. Who? I turned to see Joe grinning.
"Ugh!" I yelled and sat down on my bed. "You guys didn't have this planned from the start did you?" I questioned. "No, Joe just walked in and motioned for us not to say anything." Andy said still laughing. I wish I was in a better mood...I may have actually laughed.