I Will Never End Up Like Him

12

It felt like barely 10 minutes passed when someone spoke up.
"Did you tell the police? Did you show them?" Joe asked.
"Ha. No." I mumbled.
"You have to tell them! They aren't going to arrest him if they don't know!" Spencer cut in.
"But they already arrested him...right?" I asked.
"Probably not." he mumbled.
"What? Why not?" I asked.
"Cause if they don't know what he's done then they can't just arrest him!" Brendon said.
I looked around for a second.
"But the police go behind the Oasis! Surely they've seen him there, or found him with drugs or kicking a puppy or something, right?!" I asked, not jokingly. I actually saw him kick a puppy one day from the window, when I asked him about it he told me that it 'pissed on his pride', but that's besides the point.
"So that's where you met him? The alley behind the oasis? Right over there?" Patrick asked with wide eyes. I nodded.
"Guys. Van. Now!" he said standing up. I pulled on my hoodie confused.
"What? why?"
"Just come on and please don't ask, okay?" Patrick said giving everyone stern looks. I was scared now.
"Well tell me before my mind wonders to the worst scenerio!" I said.
"The police fucking let him go! He's probably fucking around in the alley right across the fucking street! We weren't being subtle either!" Patrick said loosing it. I knew that was him. He had looked at me. I knew it. My breath caught in my throat.
"Exactly, so come on!" Patrick said.
"B-but..we could...he wouldn't...there's 9 of us." I said barely above a whisper.
"Come on!" he repeated pulling my arm a little. We started walking back the direction we came, it was painfully silent, but I could still hear hushed conversations between everyone. Pete walked up beside me, he had his hood up and he pulled me onto his bunk, picking up pace. I squinted for a second confused, but didn't argue. He was walking a little bit away from everyone and I was about to say something when he grabbed my wrist. Hard.
"Pete, oww." I whined trying to pull away. His grip only tightened.
"Shut the fuck up, Amy." he snapped. That's not Pete. Fucking Hell, that's not Pete! I looked over and saw Pete and Patrick having a hushed conversation. I tried to get away and was about to yell when Johnny slammed his head backwards hitting me in the neck. It hurt like a bitch. I caught my breath back and was about to try again when there was a sharp pain in my thigh. I screamed and managed to pull out of his grasp. I was trying to stand up, but the pain was ten times worse. I looked down and there was so much blood.
"Get up, Amy!" he snarled. I blinked, it was so dark. I was trying to do just that. I couldn't catch my breath. I tried to yell, but it came out as a whimper. Johnny kicked me in the side and I managed to shriek in pain.
"Patrick!" I yelled catching my breath. Not even 10 seconds later was Johnny attempting to run off and fight at the same time as the guys rushed over.
"Amy!" Patrick yelled dropping next to me.
"I...I thought it was Pete..his hood was- was up a-and I didn't know, I'm sorry. I didn't know and-"
"Shh. You're fine, it's fine. Calm down." he said then looked at my leg.
"What happened?" he said.
"I-I don't know." I whimpered trying to block out the yelling. Apparently Johnny had friends. Who would've known?
"Patrick get help." I said quietly.
"No, no. Wait." he said pulling out his cellphone.
He called someone, 911, I'm pretty sure, and was annoyed as they kept asking for an exact location. He finally hung up.
"They're on their way, okay? Don't worry." he said.
"Don't worry?! My friends could fucking die, because of me! I'm going, okay? Bye." I said able to stand up, amazingly. I ran before Patrick could protest and heard Johnny yelling after me. I stopped when I couldn't take the pain anymore.
"Why didn't you listen to me?" I heard Johnny snarl. I turned.
"Don't hurt my friends, okay?" I managed to say.
"Your friends know too much, though, don't they?" he said.
"No? Leave them alone or I'm not going with you." I said.
"So you're going with us? Okay then." he said. He grabbed my arm and started pulling me back towards the alley. I could see the lights now and barely hear sirens.
"Did you call the police?!" Johnny said grabbing around my throat.
"N-" I tried to talk, but was cut off when his grip tightened.
"I can't breathe." I managed to say quietly.
"That's the point." he grinded out through clenched teeth. I couldn't hold my eyes open much longer and was nearing unconsciousness. Then he just let go. I collapsed gasping for breath and holding my neck. I heard yelling faintly, but everything went black for a while.
I woke up and had to squint due to the brightness above me. I was in a white room and I felt numb. Once my eyes adjusted a bit more, I looked around. There were doctors around me and I looked around and was in the back of the ambulance. I thought one person was allowed to ride with you in the back? Where are they? What happened? Oh, God, what if they're hurt, too? I tried to sit up, but a doctor stopped me and put something on my face telling me to count to five. I was out before I reached 2. I woke up again and I was in a bigger room now. There weren't as many doctors..there were none actually, only a nurse sitting beside me. I sat up.
"Hey, Hun, are you feeling alright? Do you need anymore painkillers?" she asked. I thought about it. I don't really feel anything. I shook my head no.
"You have a lot of people waiting to see you, I'll send them back when you're ready, okay?" she asked again. I nodded.
"My name's Kim, so if you need anything at all just press the button on the side of the bed, and this remote elevates it." she explained all the different remotes to me and seriously?! Can't they just get a universal one?
She left and I flipped on the tv. Nick at Nite was on. What time is it? I haven't known what time it is since I left the police station. I looked at the clock and it was 5:30 am. Woah. There was a knock at the door seconds before it swung open. Jake and Ruolan? Jake ran over and pulled me into a hug.
"I'm so glad you're okay!" he said, was he crying?
"Why are you in town?" I asked, so maybe it wasn't the best thing to ask at a time like this, but it just came out, okay?!
"We came in town when you went missing." he said.
"Oh." I said.
"I'm so glad you're okay." he repeated sniffling a bit. I nodded.
"How'd you get in here?" I asked.
"Family doesn't need your consent." he smirked. I attempted to shrug, but found it taking way more energy then usual.
"What are you watching?" he asked sitting at the foot of his bed and pulling Ruolan in his lap. I rolled my eyes and looked up at the tv.
"Fresh Prince of Bel-air?" it came out as more of a question.
"Hmm." Jake said.
"When do you guys have to go back?" I asked quickly.
"We got a flight for tomorrow- er...I guess today, before we found out about the accident, and they're non-refundable." he sighed.
"What time?"
"7:00."
"A.M.?!" I asked.
"Yeah." he sighed again. I love how Ruolan stays completely silent and oblivious. I don't think she knows one bit of English.
"You have to go!" I said.
"We still have a couple hours! We had to make sure you were fine!" he defended.
"Yeah, but the airport's a while away, and there could be traffic!" I said. He sighed.
"I guess we should go. Stay out of trouble, okay? And don't let Patrick break your heart."
"Me and Patrick aren-" I started, but he cut me off with a wink and another hug before he left and Ruolan gave me a short awkward wave. He left and I shrugged turning back to the tv.
It hadn't been 30 seconds after Jake left that someone else was barging in.
"Amy, I forgot to ask if you were hungry?" Kim said stepping back in.
"No thanks." I said. She nodded and left again. I leaned back watching the tv. It was about a half hour later when someone else knocked on the door. Aren't you suposed to have peace in a hospital?
It was Kim. Again. She walked over and switched one of the bags connected to the IV.
"Are you ready for visitors?" she asked. Didn't she say I needed to tell her when I was ready? I shrugged.
"Not really."
She nodded sympathetically and left. Around 7 I was dozing off. When I was yet again interrupted by a knock.
"Ms. Wilson, the baby is fine. The accident had no affect on it and it is healthy as ever." a male doctor said stepping in and setting down a file on the table next to me.
"Baby?" I asked squinting at him.
"Yes, you are pregnant, didn't you know this?" he asked. I shook my head.
"You should make an appointment for an ultra sound and physical soon and start seeing your doctor regularly." he said. I freaked out inwardly, but managed to nod. After he left I pulled the blanket above my head and layed there. There is no way there is a baby in there. There couldn't be! Johnny always used a condom. Always. I can't have a baby. I'm 15 fucking years old! I don't even have my liscense yet! I put my hands on my stomach. There is no way. I couldn't even make any emotion out of it. I just layed there. How am I going to tell everyone? What will they think? What am I going to do about school!? I eventually worried myself sick. Literally. I couldn't make it to the small bathroom or even the sink and ended up throwing up half on myself and the sheets. Maybe I am? Morning sickness?
I pressed the button for the nurse and she came in.
"I, um, I threw up." I mumbled blushing. She nodded and said she'd be right back. She brought in some more sheets and another gown. I blushed as she helped me out of the bed, and that's when I noticed, my left thigh was wrapped up and I couldn't really feel my legs.
I managed to sit in a chair next to the bed and she changed the sheets in record timing. She put the IV bag on a rolling thing so I could take it with me. I hobbled into the bathroom and stripped out of the old gown before putting on the new one. These were so uncomfortable. In between the process I looked at my stomach in the mirror. There is no way there could be a baby in there. I went back out and she took the other gown.
"You can, um, send them in now." I said awkwardly wobbling back into my bed. She nodded and left. I pulled the blanket up and sighed moving the pillow slightly. I heard people running and then the door swung open. I flinched slightly as everyone. EVERYONE. piled in.
"Dude! What the fuck! We were waiting for like 8 years out there, they were all like 'Amy isn't ready' and you look perfectly fine! Stupid doctors, nurses, pediatricians whoever the fuck wouldn't let us in!" Pete started ranting.
"Pete, shut up." I mumbled. He smiled and put his hands behind his back.
"How long have you been up? Jake got to see you?" Patrick asked.
"Apparently family doesn't need my consent. And Only for a couple of hours." I shrugged.
"Why didn't you let us back here?" Pete asked looking hurt. I shrugged.
"Maybe because you guys are loud and I didn't like the news I'm getting." I mumbled.
"What news is that?" Patrick asks quickly. I shrugged.
"You're going to live, right?!" Andy asks. I rolled my eyes and nodded.
"And you're fine?"
"Me and the Baby." I mumbled.
"Wait, what baby?" Patrick asked.
"Mine." I said. That's when it really registered. I could feel my cheeks getting wet.
"You're pregnant." Patrick said barely audible over his breathing.
"Who the fuck knocked you up?!" Pete yelled. I flinched and everyone looked at me confused.
"Who the fuck do you think?!" I tried to yell back, but it came out as more of a shaky mumble.
"Johnny? Why? What the hell, Amy!?" Pete yelled. I pulled my good leg up to my chest and hid my face. I can't be fucking pregnant.
"Pete, shut the hell up!" Patrick snapped. I really just wanted to die. I looked over and there was that file. Andy was staring at it confused.
"Why does it say Stacy on here?" he asked picking it up.
"I don't fucking know!" I snapped. He started flipping through it and raised an eyebrow.
"Who said you fell down the steps and how the hell could you be 6 months pregnant?" he asked. I looked up sniffing a little bit.
"What are you talking about?"
"Stacy Wilson, age 23, height 5'0, 6 months pregnant and she fell down the stairs." Andy said. I grabbed the file from him and skimmed through it.
"This isn't my file." I mumbled. Then it hit me.
"This isn't my file! Fuck you, Pete! Why don't you go get knocked up!" I yelled. Sure it was impossible for Pete -being a guy- to get knocked up and those probably weren't the nicest things that could've came out of my mouth, but hey. I'm excited now. I had a big stupid grin on my face. As if on que the same doctor walked back in.
"Amy? I'm terribly sorry! I've-"
"I know." I said laughing a little. He nodded and grabbed the file heading out the door.
"Wow. How unprofessional." Jon mumbled. I looked up at them. They never said much lately.
"How'd things go down with the stripper?" I asked them. Spencer started laughing so loud.
"Dude! There is still this huge black mark on the side of the stupid electrical box! The stripper never told my parents." he sighed.
"Well that's good?"
"Yeah." he said. I looked around at them then noticed Brendon had a bruise under his jaw, I looked at the rest of them closely, they all had atleast one bruise visibly on them. I felt a twang of guilt shoot through me.
"Sorry." I sighed looking down at the sheets.
All of them looked beyond confused.
"For what?" Joe spoke up.
"I shouldn't have come back. He wouldn't have done that if I hadn't." I said sighing again.
"No. Don't be sorry. Don't even think about it being better if you didn't come back. It would be a hell of a lot worse for everyone!" Patrick snapped.
"But you guys-"
"I don't care! Look at you Amy!" he said. I glared at him, what's wrong with the way I look?
"What about me?" I asked.
"You've got marks on your cheeks, on your neck, you got stabbed on your leg and God knows what else has happened!" Patrick said, then his eyes grew ten sizes.
"What else happened?" he whispered then looked around to the guys.
"Hey, let's go get food for everyone!" Andy said. No one questioned and they all left silently.
"What else happened?" Patrick repeated.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry that my chapters have been so painfully short lately! I have a lot on my plate. :D To be honest...the little 'fight scene' between all of the guys made me think of power rangers or TMNT. I don't know why, it just did.