‹ Prequel: Camp Richland

Starlight Addiction

Chapter 13-I'm dying here, without your love...

The next few months practically flew by, Hollywood records liked us, and asked us to start recording with them, we stayed there for an extra month to record our first CD. It’s pretty unreal right now, I’m not used to all the extra attention I’ve been getting and Nick and his brothers have been helping a lot with it because they know what that’s like but they’ve got it much worse…It’s the last week of school and Nick and I have been cramming in finals for the past two weeks, and not to mention Dad and Cindy’s wedding is in exactly 7 days.
N- Lex, come over so you can help me study for history…
A-Alright. I’ll be there in a few.
I quickly picked up my bag filled with books and headed out the door. Nick and I studied for history until we both fell asleep at about 11:30.
“Alex! Wake up! You have to go home to get ready! School is in an hour!” Nick shook me to wake up. My eyes fluttered open and there standing with perfect posture was Nick. I figured out why Nick was by me and what I was doing in his room. I quickly got up and ran over to my house. I grabbed a sweatshirt and jeans and took a quick shower. After I finished Nick’s car was waiting in the driveway. “Record Time Lex. Nice!”
“Thank god it’s the last day of School Nick…I’m dying with getting up…”
“Tomorrow you’ve got a big day though, you’re getting ready for the wedding on Saturday.” Nick cracked his lips into a grin.
“Oh yay. I get to spend the day with the ever lovely Cindy…that’s just great.” I faked smiled at Nick who was focusing on the road and getting us to school without killing anyone.
“Someone didn’t get enough sleep did they?”
“Nope…” I looked out the window the rest of the ride and watched the ‘mind-blowing’ normal everyday view of the town go by.
“Please be a little happy today, only one more final and we are out of here…” Nick said as we walked into the building and to our lockers.
“Easy for you to say, after this year, you’re going back to LA to record…and I’m stuck here…” I frowned.
“Who ever said that you were going to be stuck here?” Nick’s smile got wider.
“What do you mean?”
“Well, who knows, maybe you’ll go on tour and stuff and then have to be home schooled with me?”
“Right, like my dad would allow that. School is so important to him its insane.”
The conversation went on until we got to our first hour, Second hour was boring along with the rest of the classes. FINALLY SCHOOL WAS OUT.
I’m Slipping into the Lava, and I’m trying to
Keep from going under, baby you turn the
Temperature hotter, ‘cause I’m burning up
Burning up for you baby.
My phone rang at 6 o’clock AM. I turned it off and rolled across my bed and fell on the floor. I contemplated getting up, but I was too comfortable on the ground.
“Alexandria! Get up! We have things to do!” Cindy barged into my room and yelled at me. After she left and mimicked her under my breath. I showered and put on a navy blue tank top and a pair of white skinny jeans.
Image
I shoved my hair into a ponytail and brushed my teeth. After I was done with everything Cindy was knocking on my door impatiently.
“ALEXANDRIA! SERIOUSLY. GO FASTER.” She yelled.
“Relax. I’m done.” I flashed a fake smile at her and we left. I had to get my nails done and get my dress and make sure it fit. Unfortunately, it did fit, I really wanted to see Cindy spaz at some poor innocent bystander. Then we went to the venue where the dinner was going to be for tonight and tomorrow. The actual ceremony was going to be at a beach on the outskirts of Memphis. I had to help set up with my dad but after a few hours he had to leave to go to a meeting with a client.
“Hey Lexi Hey!” A voice sang. I turned around to see each of the Jonas Boys walking into the room.
“HEY!!” I said giving each of them a hug. Cindy was off yelling at someone because they had something wrong. So it was just me and I was lonely.
“I see you’re in a better mood today.” Nick smiled
“Well, I haven’t talked to anyone like…all day, so I am kind of talkative. Why are you guys here?”
“You see, Last night you’re DJ canceled on you guys…and Your dad so graciously called us and asked us to perform with you and you’re band…” Kevin smiled at me and my heart fell.
“are you kidding me?!”
“Nope.” Joe smiled. I was absolutely speechless. And not to mention…excited. We went through sound check and Allie and Kaylie got there at the very end. Then it was time for the dinner. I sat at a long table with my dad, Cindy, Annika, Michael, Ben, an old family friend named Sam who was walking with Ben down and Frankie who was going to be the ring bare. We ate dinner and practiced the ceremony. Then it was time to go home and get some rest before the big day.
I’m Slipping-
I didn’t even let the song finish. I once again rolled off my bed and got up right away. I got out my dress and went downstairs. I yawned and took up all the space on the couch by lying down. I dozed in and out of sleep waiting for my soon to be family to come down so we could go get our hair did and crap. Finally just as I was about to fall asleep Cindy, Annika, and Sam came downstairs. We drove off to the salon and got our hair done. Mine was pretty simple curls pulled back with bobby pins but everyone else went totally extravagant. We went to the beach and there was a small room where everyone got dressed. I did a little something different with my jewelry, I had a red dress, and I put on a white scarf, a rainbow heart necklace, and A hello Kitty ring. And to top it all off, Sparkly red converses what were actually unfortunately approved by my father.
Image
“Oh. My. Gosh.” Cindy said as I came out. “What did you do to that perfectly nice dress?”
“I gave it that awesome ‘Alex’ touch. You know…just kinda rocked it up.” She walked away looking like she was about to hyperventilate. I heard her mumble something to my Dad sounding like ‘Can we just send her away?”
“Don’t worry Alex, I think you look great. Its awesome.” Sam smiled at me and gave me a hug.
“Thanks Sam.” I smiled back. My dad and Cindy came back over to us shortly after.
“Lets do this!” My dad said. He walked over to where the ceremony was going to be taking place and Then it was Showtime. I went over to Michael and gave him ‘The Ground Rules’
1. No tripping me.
2. If I do fall, its not funny, so don’t laugh.
3. I don’t care if you’re friends are here, you’re not cool for walking with a 16-year-old.
4. If you touch the scarf, you die.
And lastly.
5. I am not going to dance with you or you’re little friends at all.
First Frankie and Annika went down. Frankie looked dashing in his cute tux and Annika was wearing a nice white dress. Then it was Michael and I. I saw each of the Jonases was I walked down and Joe stood up and started clapping.
“YOU ROCK LEX!” He said throwing up the ‘Rock On’ sign. Then Mrs. Jonas pulled him down and I could hear him getting chewed out. I stood behind Annika and waited for everyone else to go. The ceremony was long and boring but luckily, it was short. We walked back up to the dining room where we were last night and had the wedding dinner.
“Lexi!” A voice from behind me yelled. I turned around and it was Nick.
“You look like a total rockstar. Oh my god.” He laughed.
“I know right?!” I smiled with him playing with my scarf.
“What was Cindy’s reaction to all of this.” He took his hands and motioned them to the outfit.
“I thought she ran out of air. My dad had to take her for a little walk to calm down. You should’ve saw her face…priceless.” I laughed with him.
“I wish I could’ve saw it. Joe’s grounded just FYI for his little outburst he had.”
“I wish I could’ve heard that!” I took my seat and Nick did too on the other side of the room. As we ate, we exchanged funny faces and glances. I couldn’t really tell if he was flirting with me though. As soon as each of the boys were done eating they came and cheered me on to finish quickly so we could get ready to play. Kaylie and Allie were still eating too so I didn’t really see why they were bothering me the most. We went downstairs where Nick, Kevin and My guitars were waiting and we warmed up with Burning up (as a pun of course.), I Wanna go Home, and Shelf. We stood in the entry way when Cindy felt it was necessary to introduce us.
“Please give a warm welcome to my new step-daughter and her band Lamehead and her good friends JONAS BROTHERS!” she yelled into the microphone. Joe and Kaylie took care of the front and hyping everyone up and Kevin and I shredded with Nick on guitar, Allie played some sick drums. Overall our first set was good.
“We’re going to take a little break here, so please bare with us!” Nick said in the microphone after we played a cover of Superstition by Stevie Wonder. We all set down our instruments and Nick asked to go on a walk with me. We went back down to the beach where everything was already picked up, there were a few couples here and there soaking up what was left of the sun and Nick and I walked. “You did amazing that first set. You know that right?”
“Thanks. You did great too.” I smiled.
“Theres something I really want to talk to you about. A serious suggestion.”
“What is it?”
“Our little ‘Relationship’ thing we have…Once again, I don’t know how many times I could tell you this, but I’m sorry for back in December the incident with Selena and stuff. And I really want a…3rd chance. Please.” He begged.
“Well, I will have to think about it…” I said trying to kill him inside.
“Can you think a little faster because I’m dying here…without your love.” He smiled at his cheesy joke after about 10 seconds.
“I guess-” I didn’t even get to finish because he wrapped me in a hug.
“Thank You so much Lexi, love. I promise once again, I will do nothing to hurt you…at all.” He smiled and kissed me on the top of my head. I was going to get used to this.
♠ ♠ ♠
I pwn hard.