When Forever Ends

Marley

Sometimes you can be so completely in shock that you can’t even utter more than a word. This is kind of what’s happening to me right now.

“Ace?” I ask again. I’m so unsure of how to react the news that Shayne and Ace actually, had sex. I mean, if they kissed each other...I would be shocked. Knowing that they did much more than kiss leaves me almost speechless.

“Yeah.” Shayne bits her lip. Her hair is dripping wet. She must have just taken a shower. I look at the clock, six in the morning.

“Um, I don’t know what to say.”

“It was stupid!” Shayne shouts. “The biggest mistake I have ever made! Okay, not the biggest but one of the biggest! Just, can I sleep here?” She asks. I nod my head. I bring Shayne a pile of blankets and pillows. She throws them on the floor, making this weird cocoon thing.

“Thanks.” she says and crawls into the cocoon. I don’t even know how she can breathe, but it’s how she always sleeps.

“Night.” I say unsurely and flick the lights off.

“Night.” Shayne’s voice is muffled from under the pile of blankets. It’s a damn good thing Vince is a heavy sleeper. I wonder back to my room and crawl back into bed.

“Where’d you go?” Vince asks half asleep slinging and arm over and pulling my back against his chest.

“Shayne’s here. She’s sleeping in the livingroom.” I tell him trying to get comfortable.

“She okay?” he aks still not fully awake.

“Fine.” I say. “Night.”

“Night.” he says. Vince rubs his hand soothingly up and down my back. Not only does it help my sore back but it also makes me very sleepy.

“Morning.” Vince smiles at me.

“Morning.” I say with a sleepy smile.

“I’m going to work. Call me if you need anything.” he says.

“Have a good day.” I say. Vince pecks my lips.

“I love you.” he says. I freeze. He loves me? My heart begins to sore.

“I love you too.” I say happily. I honestly have never felt as much love for anyone as much as I feel it for Vince.

I lay in bed for fifteen minutes. He loves me! And I love him! I get out of bed and wander into the kitchen.

“Hey,” Shayne greets me with a small smile. “I’m going, I’ll be back later though.”

“Wait! Where are you going?” I call after Shayne. The only answer I get is the sound of the door slamming. I sigh. Figures. I really wish she would talk about her feelings once and a while. It’s not healthy to just bottle up all those emotions.

I just get out of the shower when I hear the buzz of the door bell. I throw some clothes on real quick and hurry to the door. Jake strolls in.

“Did you hear that Ace and Shayne did the nasty?” Jake asks walking straight into the kitchen. Hello to you too, Jake.

“Yeah, who did you hear it from?” I ask suspiciously. I hope Ace isn’t telling everyone. Shayne will be so angry.

“Oh man! I love these things!” Jake rips open a box of cupcakes. He likes the icing of one. “I didn’t hear it from anyone. I just heard it period.” he says. I pull a face of disgust, Jake has pink icing all over his face.

“I know right! So I slept at Jenna’s.” Jake says completely unaware that my disgust was due to him. “It was so bad, dude. I’m like scarred. Shayne was all like ‘Oh Ace!’ and Ace was all”

“Ah!” I scream and cover my ears. Jake’s falsetto imitation of Shayne was more than I wanted to hear.

“Well, that’s it basically. I just wanted to tell you that and get some food. Peace!” Jake laughs and scurries out of the apartment before I have a chance to hit him with wooden spoon I’m holding.

I sit around the apartment all day, thinking of names. There are so many names to choose from. I want to make sure I pick a good name. A name that be classy in twenty years. Not like...Edith. Not that there’s anything wrong with Edith. It’s my grandmother’s name.

The doorbell buzzes again. I pull the door open and Ace instantly starts questioning me.

“Is Shayne here?” his eyes dart to the cocoon in the middle of the living room floor. I didn’t want to move it, just incase Shayne was planning on staying the night again.

“Well, she was here. I’m not really sure where she went.” I say closing the door and leading Ace to the couch.

“She’s freaking out, isn’t she?” Ace asks, tapping his foot rapidly against the carpet. His whole face is sort of contorted in this nervous expression.

“Well, she was. I don’t know if she still is. I haven’t seen her since about ten.” I look at the clock. Two-thirty.

“Did I do something wrong? I mean, obviously I did something wrong, but is she mad at me?” Ace asks keeping his eyes on his tapping foot.

“I-umm”

“Cause like...it wasn’t completely my idea, right?” he asks looking up at me. How should I know. Shayne never went into detail.

“Ace, I really don’t know. Shayne never told me what happened...besides the obvious.” Ace drops his head again, blushing slightly. After a few minutes of silence between us, Ace speaks up.

“We went to the fucking concert last night. Then we went back to the apartment, and we pretty much drank all the booze in the house. She brought this pact we made when were Sophomores that basically said we’d have sex and we were both twenty.”

“Umm, well...”

“But, I’m the one who said I was twenty now.”

“And then she said she was twenty now. It kind of just spiraled out of control, and we were both drunk. So it’s really not anyone in particular’s fault, right?” he asks still tapping his foot.

“Uh, I don’t know. You should talk to her about this.” I say completely confused by what happened. Why would they make a pact like that. It was pointless.

“Right. Well, when you talk to her, can you tell her I’m looking for her?”

“Sure.” I say smiling sympathetically at Ace, he sort of looked a wreck.

“Thanks, well I’ll see you later.” Ace says and walks out.

Drama. I’m not all that worried though. I’m sure they’ll figure it out. They always do. I’m sure they won’t let something like this come between their friendship.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I updated five times today.
I feel pretty much, like I've wasted my time.
Really, this is my fifth update today, and I've gotten one comment.
I honestly don't think I should even continue with this anymore.
I feel like this is the biggest waste of time.
And I'm sorry for people who like this story and actually comment it.
So, maybe this is it. Maybe, I'll end it right here and no one will ever know what happens to Marley, her baby, Vince, Shayne, Ace, Jake, Jenna, Zack, Corey, or Derek.

=[