Daddy's Little Darlings

All that I'm living for

I am standing in a bleak, old-fashioned train station, with a bench and a lamppost. It's raining, and there are puddles everywhere. I catch my reflextion in one, and I look happy.
And there's Jake, standing in front of me.
It is him. Jake, with his layered, mid-brown, shiny hair with the fringe he is always flicking out of his eyes. Jake, with his cool red glasses and skinny jeans and frog tee and Converse. Jake, with his smell of oranges and bubblegum and happiness. Jake, with his ginger freckles, round pale cheeks and crinkly blue eyes. I whisper his name, and step forward.
" Tell someone, Reilly," he says. " Tell someone, apart from Noel. Rescue yorself. Don't kill yourself."
I wake up with a jolt. He was so close....
I am in a white room, lying in a bed. Noel is by my side, his eyes closed, his hair sticking to his face. He opens his eyes and smiles sadly.
" Hey, Reilly. Are you Okay?"
" What happened?"
" Your dad....he hurt you. I told the nurses."
"NO!"
Noel jumps slightly.
" Noel, if you tell anyone, everything I've ever fallen for...I'll lose it all. When Dad hurts me, I become the Reilly everybody knows."
" That's rubbish."
" Oh, what do you know? You're trying to be understanding, but you're failing! You're not Jake! Nobody will ever replace him!"
" I'm not trying to!"
" I want Jake back," I mutter, slumping. Noel sighs.
" I know.I'm sorry I'm not good enough."
" It's not you. You've...helped me, a lot.I just don't want people to know...."

' Tell someone.....rescue yourself....'

I shake my head.
" Look, the police are going to find your dad. It's too late now."
" He'll hurt me again."
" He won't."
" What about Danny?"
" I don't know. We couldn't find a contact number."
I lean back on my pillows and sigh. I make up my mind.
" Noel...will you do anything for me?"
" Of course."
" Will you help me die?"
Noel rocks back in shock,his face worried and disgusted.
" Noel,I need to die, I want to, there's no point living anymore."
" Yes, there is," he chokes. " There's me."
Het gets up and walks away. I have scared him away forever.
No Noel...
No Danny....
And no Jake......