It's Really Happening

Prologue

This can't really be happening, can it?

No, I'm pretty sure I'm dreaming right now. I've had this dream before.

Walking through Central Park in the snow with my beloved, as cheesy as that may sound, and suddenly he proposes. It's totally a dream.

"Will you marry me?"

Oh. Maybe this isn't a dream.

Back up. How did this happen?

We left the hotel about an hour ago with the intent to go out to dinner, but neither of us was actually hungry. So instead we opted for a walk through Central Park even though it must be about twelve degrees outside.

Just as we got to the middle, it began to snow lightly. I didn't mind, and neither did he because we're both kids at heart and still love the snow. I blame where we both grew up, even though they were completely different towns, we both still got a ridiculous amount of snow every winter.

What I hadn't expected was him throwing a snowball at me, but he did. That was asking for it because really, I do not mess around when it comes to snowball fights. We were both covered in snow within minutes, though that was mainly because he decided to tackle me onto a snow bank.

And that's when it happened. One minute we were laughing, the next we were both simply staring into one another's eyes before we were lost in ourselves. He pulled me out of the snow before completely surprising me by getting down on one knee.

"What's going on?" I asked softly as I watched him kneel before me, only slightly wary of what was going on around us.

"Abigail Dutton, will you marry me?" I was speechless for a good thirty seconds as I gazed at him and then at the small black box in his hands. Inside it was the most beautiful ring I had ever seen.

"Yes," I whispered. "Yes, Joshua Randall, I will marry you." A huge smile spread across his face as he slipped the ring onto my finger before capturing me in his arms and holding me close as we shared our first kiss of our engagement.

Good lord, I had to call Eris.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello new story!
This is a cowritten piece of literature (why am I talking like this? I don't know) between myself and TheAntihero. Or more affectionately known as C.

This part is simply the prologue, but it's now up to C for when she'll post the first chapter.
Go bug her. Not me. Or you can bug me and I'll bug her. Either way!

Thanks for reading.