It's Really Happening

Chapter 2

"You're a sneaky bastard, you know that?" Josh closed the door to our hotel room and smiled at me.

"I'd rather think of myself as a romantic."

"Call it what you want," I said with a laugh, "I say you're a sneaky bastard." I began to walk away from the door but Josh looped his arm around my waist, preventing me from going any further.

"But you love me," he whispered in my ear as he held me tightly. I chuckled and rolled my eyes but stayed still since he did have 5 inches on me.

"I might," I replied. "Just a little."

"Only a little?" he asked as he began kissing my neck lightly. I squirmed under his arms, trying to get away because I hated when he did that. It only made things easier for him to get what he wanted.

"Maybe more than a little."

"How much more?" I whimpered softly and in return he let out a smug chuckle.

"You really are a bastard."

"Say you love me?" Josh let go of me just enough to let me turn around in his arms so we were face to face. Once we made eye contact I couldn't help but smile before I kissed him lightly on the lips.

"Of course I love you, you dork."

"I thought I was a bastard?" he said with a smirk.

"You are. A dorky one." Josh rolled his eyes as I laughed, and he quieted me with another kiss.

"As long as you love me, I'll accept that."

"Sounds good." I wriggled my way out of his arms and pulled out my phone again, dialing the number of another person who I knew would react to my news in more or less the same way Eris did.

All of my friends need to be put in padded rooms so they don't kill themselves.

"Love of my life!" I smiled immediately upon hearing her voice; at once realizing it really had been too long since I had last seen her.

"Tiffany, my love! You'll never guess what just happened."

"You finally kidnapped Valencia and are keeping them in your basement?"

"No, I'm still working on that." I rolled my eyes as I tried to take off my coat with one hand while trying to kick my boots off at the same time. It was a wonder I didn't fall over.

"Bummer. What else could there be?"

"A certain boy popped a certain question." A similar crash was heard on the other side of the line, much like what had happened with Eris. "Tiffany?"

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME TO SIT DOWN?"

"I didn't think about it! What did you break?!"

"Nothing too expensive. BUT STILL. WHAT THE HELL, WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?"

"About an hour ago," I answered with a smile as I sat down on the bed, snuggling up to Josh, who was also on the phone.

"Aww oh my god this is so cute. Where are you? What are you doing now?"

"I'm in New York City with him."

"OBVIOUSLY YOU'RE WITH HIM, DUMBASS," Tiffany interrupted.

"SHUT UP YOU ASKED."

"True, true." She laughed. "Oh my god I miss you. What are you going to do now?"

"I miss you too. I'm flying out to California in a day or two to see my dad. You should fly out too, obviously."

"Obviously with my millions of dollars and lack of job. I can totally do that. Yeah right." I chuckled and let out a sigh.

"Well I'll think of something. Don't you worry."

"You best! Now that you're getting married to an Amazon man we need to prep you for your adorable Amazon babies."

"You know there weren't any Amazon men, right?"

"Shut up, you would know that."

"You are so weird."

"Yes, yes. You know that. Anyway my love, I have to go. But I love you and you better call me again soon!"

"I definitely will. Next time we talk I'll have even better news for you."

"Studmuffin in a box?" I burst out laughing and I heard Tiffany snicker on the other line. Josh looked at me strangely and I grinned at him before answering her.

"Something like that. Love you."

"You too. Bye, my love!" I closed my phone and tossed it to the foot of the bed as I cuddled up closer to Josh, who was still on the phone. A few minutes later he finished his call and put his phone on the bedside table and turned to me.

"So I get to face my parents alone?"

"Like you'll even tell them that you actually have news."

"Not true!"

"Oh really? I know exactly how it'll go."

"Do tell." I smirked at him as I sat up, ready to do my best impression of him and his mother.

"Alright. Your mother will ask you how it's going: 'How was your week, Josh dear?'"

"My mom does not call me dear!"

"Shush!" I covered his mouth. "No interruptions." Josh rolled his eyes at me and I ignored it as I continued. "Then you will reply: 'Oh, pretty good. Finished out the tour, met a lot of people, asked Abby to marry me, you know, the usual.' And that is how it will be."

"Just like that?" I nodded and Josh let out a sigh. "Okay, maybe you're right."

"Ha! Told you." I smirked triumphantly as I settled back into my place and Josh put his arm around me.

"By the way," he began as he pressed a kiss to my temple. "I love you, too."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, it's not much, but I'm in a rush today.
Many apologies. But pretty please comment anyway?
We do love this story dearly, even if it's taking a while to start.

Thanks for reading.