Status: Active

I Know Who You Are

Hello Beautiful.

I flicked through the channels searching for some sort of entertainment. Sundays were always boring and so was T.V. I sighed and sank into the sofa hoping to fall asleep. I haven’t slept for days, I don’t know why just can’t seem to drift off. Just as my eyes started to close my cell phone started ringing.

Urrghh now you phone.

“Hey Denny! What’s up?”

Ahh Taylor. This should be interesting; she always has gossip or someone to talk about. Hopefully she’ll talk for hours and I’ll get bored and fall asleep.

“Oh Hey Taylor, yeah not much, same old same old.”

“Wanna hang out or something I’m like really bored.”

That’s the good thing about Taylor; she’s so bubbly and care free. She’s what I need in times like this.

“Sure just come round and we can watch a movie or something”

I had to hold the phone a mile away from my ear due to the high pitched screeching she was making.

“I love you! Be there in 10”

“Love you too,” I said laughing and hung up.

-------------------------------

When Taylor arrived we ordered a pizza and she told me this whole story about her ex and some chick. Y’know the usual girl chat. Boys, Bitches, Boys, Bitches. You get my point.

“So you know your buddy is on the rampage again.”

I looked at Taylor confused with half of pizza in my mouth.
“Joker?” I asked one eyebrow raised.

“Yep, he’s came out of hiding and has already robbed a bank and murdered a few people in the process.”
She looked at my blank expression.

“You’re supposed to be the so-called Joker expert here! Don’t you watch the news?”

“I haven’t in a few days, when did this happen?”
She grabbed another slice of pizza and proceeded to explain.

“Yesterday.”

I sat back on the sofa and mouthed the word ‘wow’, shocked at myself. Usually I’m the one telling her all the shit the Jokers done.

“What you suppose he’s up to?”

I began to ponder on everything I know about the Joker. Remembering past incidents that have happened but I still couldn’t figure it out. Why would he hide for months and then suddenly start attacking again.

“Uhh Hello? Earth To Denny!”

I snapped out of my trance and back to Taylor waving her hand in front of my face.

“Oh sorry I was just … thinking. Um do you want me to be honest?”

She nodded a little unsure of what I was about to say. I mean this was a first.

“Well I have no idea. But no doubt it will be dangerous.”

We both sat in silence. Me, because I was worried and confused as to why this was happening. Taylor, because well she was probably shocked I didn’t know anything about this.

“So…. What you wanna do now?”
Her voice was a little nervous. Like she was afraid to break the ice or something. I could see why. I just sat and stared into space.

“Umm … can I just check something?” I grabbed the remote and switched it to News Tonight. Before Taylor could answer Dean Hamil the news presenter’s voice was already speaking.

“Yes everyone, our worst nightmare has come true. I can now confirm that the Joker is now out of hiding and back to his dirty tricks again.”

Then Carol McGuire the other presenter took over.

“Yesterday afternoon, a man in a purple suit was seen hiding in the alleys of a little street near Gotham central. Witnesses believe this to be ‘The Joker’.”

An image of the town appeared on the screen. I recognised it somehow.

“Oh. My. God.” Taylor turned around our eyes both meeting.

“Is that … “ I gulped. My throat seemed to be getting smaller with each swallow.

I didn’t need to finish my sentence and Taylor nodded. This was our little street. I could feel terror take control of my body and I was too afraid to even move. The voices of the T.V. were getting annoying in this situation and I quickly pressed the stand by button and the T.V. went blank.

“What do we do Taylor?”

I felt like I wanted to cry. What if I became one of the joker’s victims? Me? The Joker expert.

“I guess we just stay put.” She seemed unsure, but not nearly as terrified as me. Why was I so scared anyway? I mean I probably new The Joker better than anyone. I’ve been through worse. We don’t even know for sure anyway if the Joker was or is here.

“Taylor, I hate to admit this but.. I’m really scared. What if he’s watching us?”

Taylor turned to look at me so quickly it nearly gave me whiplash.

“DON’T SAY THAT!”

okay, so she was terrified to. You can tell, her voice becomes more high-pitched.
I looked at her, hoping for some reassurance, but she continued to stare at the window.
After about 2 minutes of silence she screamed, which made me jump. She stood up, still staring at the window. Okay, she’s really starting to freak me out. I jumped up by her side and grabbed her arms.

“What? What are you looking?” I turned around to look at the window but nothing was there.
She stood shaking in my grasp, beginning to cry. This is fucked up!

“Come on Denny we have to get outta here!”

She grabbed my arm as we were about to run up the stairs for our bags, there was a slow knock on the door. Kinda like a beat.

We froze at the top of the stares holding each other. It was like a scene from Scooby Doo.

“Helloooo anybody hommmme?” It was like a voice from a horror film. It sounded kinda droney but happy.

Still we stood frozen, hoping they would think no one was home and go away but we were wrong. The door was kicked down hitting the ground with a loud bang, making the ground below our feet vibrate. We both screamed and tears started to fall down my cheek.

In the middle of all the dust, which had fallen off the door, was the man I had been studying for at least 6 years. This moment seemed so surreal. I didn’t know if I was going to die or not. But still I couldn’t take my eyes off the purple figure.

He stepped forward into the light and I could see his clown make-up clear as anything. I felt a mixture of feelings inside; fear, happiness, excitement, I kinda wanted to barf too. It was like nothing I had felt before.

“Hey Beautiful.”
♠ ♠ ♠
this chapter was really fun to write xD
i'm glad this story is actually going somewhere.

let me know what you think?
pweeez?