Tonight, We Collide

Telling

Pete Wentz looked at his two friends as they paced in front of him. Pete was quite comfortable sitting on his couch watching old movies until the two knuckle heads known as Joe and Andy bombarded him.

"Whats this all about you guys? Your ruining my movie!" Pete whined as he attempted to move to see the television screen.

Joe sighed, "We gotta tell you something, and it's really important and--"

"Joe? Who did you get pregnant?!" Pete asked shrilly.

Joe shook his head, "How ironic," Andy mumbled next to him as they starred down at their friend

"Is it about Tara and Peter's mad dash towards the border?" Pete questioned.

"Kinda," Andy said looking towards Joe for a further explanation.

"Well?" Pete pestered, annoyed by the long drawn out tension the guys seemed to have brought with them.

"Alright," Joe started with a sigh, "Sixteen years ago you had a one night stand with my sister."

"Hey! That was sixteen years ago! You can't kick my ass for that now! She was fair game! I swear!" Pete yelled standing from the couch and jumping behind Andy.

"And besides that! You can't be pissed after all these years! I'm married for Christ's sake!"

"Pete! Shut the fuck up and let Joe explain!" Andy shouted at his immature friend.

Pete pouted, but obliged nonetheless.

Joe sighed again and continued, "After that night, we all left for a first tour together as Fall Out Boy, we were so excited about being in a shitty van making music and sleeping with slutty girls we kind of just forgot about everyone back home. I mean I know I complained and shit, but in reality we all didn't really care. We were being grown men!

"But, there's something we all didn't know about as we toured across the country. My sister wasn't at a music school. She was pregnant." Joe said hoping Pete was getting the hint.

"Yeah, with Patrick's baby! We've heard this before, why the hell are you interrupting me for some damn story I've heard before?!"

"Pete!" Andy said frustrated, "She wasn't fucking pregnant with Patrick's kid! Do you see it now?!" He yelled finally putting it bluntly.

Pete stood for a few minutes, letting everything process. How Peter was named after him, how thye looked so much alike, how Peter loved soccer with a burning passion. Pete thought about how every little aspect of his supposed best friend's son was exactly like him.

"Oh my God," Pete breathed looking at all of them. "I am so damn blind, it was in front of my face the whole time," Pete looked at his friends, finally realizing that he had another son. That the boy he watched grow up was actually his flesh and blood, and not his best friends.

Pete rubbed his temples and looked at his friends. "How long have you've known?" He asked.

"Forever, it was you we all couldn't believe didn't figure it out." Joe said.

"So I have another son." Pete stated flabbergasted, he looked around the room absently, feeling a hole bore into chest over so much he missed, over so much he could've had. He had another son. He was a daddy long before he told Tara he was going to be one.

"How crazy is Patrick?" Pete whispered looking at his friends.

"He's ready to kill Tara just to get her and Peter back," Andy said softly. Pete's eyes hardened.

"So is that why you told me? So I could play hero and stop him?" Pete asked.

"No, we told you so if Tara gets murdered you can get Peter, so you'll invoke your right as birth father and make sure that son of a bitch pays," Joe said looking straight into Pete's eyes.

"Tara doesn't need your help, she's setting up somewhere far away, she will only need you to be a father to Peter if she dies. She's been handling being a single parent for sixteen years. Because we all know Patrick never counted for anything but a low life scum bag," Joe said looking around at his friends.

Pete felt the sting of his words but shrugged it off. His mind was lost in thought over how he was going to explain this Ashlee, to Bronx. How do you tell your son that the boy he ht ought his cousin is really his older brother?

"Life just got very complicated." Pete said sadly.

"Life's been complicated Pete, you've just been oblivious," Andy stated coldly.
♠ ♠ ♠
I need to update more =[
I have a job now, shitty escuse, but its the truth.
Comments?