Status: Hiatus: Most likely indefinitely

It Brought Me To You

Please Don't Take me Too

I knew where I was. I was on the brink of consciousness: barley there. But that still didn't stop me from remembering.

~*~

It was Friday night, movie night. We had just seen Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian, and we were driving home. Mom was at the wheel and wouldn't shut up about the monkeys. Oh they were so cute, oh Abe's so sweet, oh Dexter's mean blah blah blah. Monkey this and monkey that. Dad wasn't really helping. All he could focus on was the mechanics of the planes, and what happened to the original Wright Brother's plane. How could they destroy it? Gasp!

My little sister and older brother were in the middle of the chatter, screaming into my left ear. They talked about everything, and bridged mom and dad, who wouldn't have known what the other was talking about without my siblings, even though they were both sitting in the front seat, right next to each other! God.

Me, I'm just staring out the window, listening to the noise, watching the rain. BOOM! And oh ya, the thunder storm outside the car. It was kind of nice really. The thunder drowned out the chatter, and the lightening lit up the otherwise dead world. I swear it's like two different worlds. One is pitch black, and the other is this eerie world, brightly lit for only seconds; maybe I'm looking into another dimension.

Well some point during this glance into alternate reality, mom screamed. I mean, like a holy shit we're all gonna die type scream.

~*~

I didn't want to remember anymore. I stopped it there, but I couldn't stop the scream that filled my ears. The last sound I'd ever hear from my mother, the first sound in my new life. I mean, who can lose everything, and stay where they were? Try as they might, no one would ever be the same.

The black walls of unconsciousness suddenly made their appearance known. It was like a blanket, trying to cover everything else. As much as I wanted the screaming to stop, I didn't want to let go. I didn't want to join my family, not if it meant dying. Who knows if I will ever come back? Ever see the world again? Ever feel ag- I feel something! The blanket? No. That's not it. My hand! There is someone holding it! Maybe, maybe I'm not the only one? Maybe, someone else survived.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments much appreciated XD