Estrella; where it all began.

Hiding the truth.

Her footsteps were uneven. Everytime she took a breath, it was as though she had to carry a ton of load. Sweat glided down from her forehead. The blood had ran away from her face. The only thing that can be seen clearly on her face was her two pupils, running wild. She slumped, clutching her stomach in agony.

"Guys, I ,, " She coughed a few times. "I brought the discipline master along."

They rushed towards her to help her up. Looks of concerned were plastered all over their face.

"Are you all right? Oh my god, Aisyah. You look like you ran a marathon!" Bob exclaimed, with an aghast look.
"I'm alright. Just a little tired. With all that running to the office, I'm pretty much exhausted.That's all. " She looked up and gave them an assuring smile.
Gerard eyed her carefully. "You sure?"
"Yeah. I'll be alright soon enough."
With the help of Gerard and Bob, she stood up. Mikey went along to lead the way.

While the Frank and Ray made a report about Bert and his clan, the other three accompanied her back to class. Despite having to help her walk back, they were furiously describing about everything that just happened.

She just smiled and nodded her head.

After all, she already knew what had happened. She was there.
---------------
AISYAH POV:
After he helped me to sit back down at my chair, he sat down on his own chair. If it were not for the accident, we would have been chatting again. But Gerard did not speak to me anymore.

"I guess you have met my boyfriend here"
Silence was building up like a brick wall, becoming wider and wider.
"My names Belinda"
Pushing me away from him, sucking away my soul until I am only an apparition.
"You didn't know? Oh you poor thing. Everyone knows that he's mine."
An apparation just siting beside him. Just there.
"Gerard, you're not cheating on me are you?"
I tried to talk but the only thing that came out of my mouth was a faint whisper.
"With this girl over here?"
Courage- the one thing I need has abandoned me.
"Oh dear. You're mad. Well, you do look like the sort that -"
When the bell finally rang, we left the classroom as strangers.
"Gerard, could you please tell this girl to mind her manners? And remember our promise. Or you'll regret it."
We parted without even a goodbye.

Can you imagine how it is, to want to be neither inside nor outside, to want to be nowhere and disappear?
----------------------------------------------------------
GERARD POV:

Back at home, it was quieter than usual. I did not have the mood to struck a conversation with Mikey anymore. I went straight into my room and closed the door. Visions of her disappointed eyes was too much to bear. In my hands, the letter I longed to crumple away and burn stared back at me with glee.

Dear Mr Gerard and Mr Mikey,

We are sorry to inform you that your parents, Mr Donna and Mrs Donna has died in a car crash. The police in California are still investigating the incident. As children of the deceased, you are entitled to the fortune of Mr Donna and Mrs Donna. However, the investigation are still going on. As such, you would have to wait until it is over would the distribution of the family fortune be carried out.

Yours with love,
Mr Burrows.

"You want a job?"
"Yeah. Can you help?"
"If you help me first."
"What? How?"
"I have this bet. If I can have a nerdy boyfriend, I would win. So be my boyfriend."
"No."
"No job then."
"Wait! Urgh... Isn't there any other way I can help you?
"Nope. Take it or leave it."
"Urghh.. Fine."
"Well you have to promise me you will not go out with other girls. If you wanna keep the job."
"Oh alright."

Damn.

Damn that promise Belinda and I had made. If it were not for the sake of my family, I would have left her long ago. On the good side, it would only be a few days till I get my pay again. Then I could buy Mikey new, bigger pants.

I could only hope the investigation could end soon. And that Mikey would never knew about this.

Yet how am I going to explain our parent's death to Mikey? How much more longer can I hold this back before Mikey starts to realise somethings amiss?

God, help me.

Mom, Dad.. wherever you are, I know you're somewhere in heaven now. I hope that what I am doing now, hiding it from Mikey is right. Please forgive all my wrongdoings. If only you were here,...

Aisyah, I am so sorry.
If only you knew..

----------------------------------
AISYAH POV:
I threw away my bag onto the couch once I reached home. I ran to my room and buried my face in my pillow.

I screamed into it. I didn't care if anyone was going to barge into my room. I just screamt my heart out. It felt good but the sadness never cease.

And by the time I finished, the whole pillow was dripping-with tears.

I decided to go for an exercise. Maybe by the time I came back, I would be feeling much better. Yet I do not want to suddenly bump into people I hate. It would make things worse.

With my hands outstretched, it slowly grew feathers and turnt a golden brown. My mouth grew longer, sharper before eventually turning into a beak. My hair sinked into my scalp and at once, my head became bald with white feathers covering it. My feet shortened and grew nails so sharp, it could dig through a human flesh with just a flick. My whole body ,covered in feathers,arched to the front and ready to fly. Finally, I shrink to a size of any other bird.

With a caw, I swooped out of my window, as an eagle.

It felt so good to feel the air rushing past me, as I looked down below, admiring the surroundings.

My wings paused.My heart missed a beat. I saw someone rather familiar.

I flew down, flapping my wings before reaching a final halt at a tree. I looked closely at him.

Frank?!
Wait a minute.
Victoria too?!
---------------------

"Dad, please! Please! I didn't mean to! Dad!!" The boy screamed in pain as his father beat him, outside of the house.

The mansion stared down at the boy, as though laughing at him.

With her dark red hair and fringe swept to the left, she screamed through the gate. Her fingers tried to grasp and rescue the boy. Sadly, he was too far away. She was not able to climb over the tall gate. Wide eyed with horror, she watched as her own neighbour get beaten up.

"Mr Iero! Please let him go! It was my fault!"
The man kept on punching his son until he fell to the ground.

"He didn't mean to sneak into the house! I just wanted to ask for a donation.."

He ignored her pleas. With a beer can in his hand, he kicked the boy like a hawker would to a stray cat.

He shouted and shook with tremendeous anger. "Go out there and work some more! I don't care. You know how hard it is to earn money nowadays?!" The boy was now slumped on the floor, lying on his side, clutching at his stomach. He was beginning to choke.

An old, frail woman tugged at her husband's shirt. Out of her eyes, like a fountain, tears flowed.
"Iero, don't do this! Dear, he's our only son!"

The man bellowed again.
" You won't get to sleep in the house again! If I don't have at least $200, just sleep by the rubbish chute. Go!"

Before the man could land another kick on his own son, an eagle zipped past the boy, straight at the man.