Everything is Not What it Seems

Chapter Nine

Kaylee’s POV-

I woke up and I recalled my dream last night, wow that was a strange one! I dreamt that Seth and the other guys told me that they were vampires and were wolves, ha as if. I wonder why I dreamt that. I looked over to Seth’s side of the room and saw that he was laying on his side looking at me and said,” Do you want to hear about my dream last night?”

“Sure why not.” He replied propping himself up on his elbow.

I sat up in my bed and realized that my hair was probably all sorts of messed up but I really didn’t care.” Okay so I dreamt that you and the other guys told me that you were vampires and werewolves. Isn’t that a strange dream to have?” I told him and watched his face turn from curiosity to worry.

“Kaylee that wasn’t a dream, that all happened last night.” He said and everything that happened last night came back to me.

“Wow, that’s right.” I said rather stupidly I can’t believe I forgot that.

“Yeah, do you have any more questions?” Seth asked now sitting up with his legs hanging over the edge of his bed.

“Actually I do,” I started,” How is it you can go out in the sun?”

“Well, because that is one of the many myths about vampires.” Seth said,” If we are out in the sun for a longer period of time our skin starts to feel slightly uncomfortable, but it’s nothing too bad.”

“Wow that must suck, I would hate for that to happen with me. It must be like humans getting sun burn though.” I said trying to compare it to something.

“Yeah I would think. Vampires don’t get sun burn either.” He said,” It’s like we have built in sun screen.”

“Do drugs and alcohol affect any of you?” I asked moving the topic on from skin.

“Nope, not one bit.” Seth said smiling, I think he just realized that all he had on is boxers because he went into his closet and put on a shirt and a pair of shorts. It’s just like the first time I met him, I thought, though that time he was in just a towel and I started laughing.

“What’s so funny?” He asked still in his closet.

“I was just remembering the first time we met, you were in just a towel and it took you a while to figure it out.” I explained while still laughing.

“Oh yeah that’s right, wow that was embarrassing.”

“I bet it was so wait your last roommate didn’t die of a drug overdose then?” I asked remembering that he said his roommate had died because of drugs.

“No he got kicked out actually. He fed on a human while out shopping with one of his buddies, and well the headmaster found out and expelled him. At this school if you are a vampire it is not permitted to drink human blood, the only blood we can drink is animal.” Seth explained coming out of his closet with his shirt partially on.

“Having trouble?” I asked him laughing

“Not at all,” He said finally managing to get his shirt on all the way.

“Okay then well it sucks for him that he got kicked out; I mean this school seems awesome!” I said

“I didn’t really like him really; I defiantly like you more than him.” Seth said sitting back down on his bed

“Well thank you, I’m glad to hear that I’m not a total failure as a roommate.” I said getting up from my bed and heading into my closet.

“You’re welcome.” Seth said

“I’m going to take a shower then we can go down to breakfast, well after you take a shower.”
I said while taking the clothes I had purchased yesterday out of the bag and grabbing a pair of underwear and my bathroom bag.

“Thank you I’m starving!” Seth exclaimed.

“Aren’t you always?” I asked while pausing in front of the bathroom door just to tease him.

“Yes have a problem with it?” He asked.

“No not really,” I said while walking into the bathroom. I could have sworn that I heard the faintest,” That’s what I thought!” come from Seth as I closed the door. Wow he must be really hungry. I took a quick shower so I wouldn’t starve Seth too much. I put my clothes on, some mascara, eyeliner, brushed my hair and my teeth, then picked up my clothes and almost ran right into Seth as I opened the door.

“What the heck!” I said as my heartbeat went back to normal.

“I am really hungry and I need to take a shower really quick!” He said moving me around so that he was in the bathroom and I was standing on the other side.

While Seth was in the shower I put my clothes in the hamper then put my sparkly flats on so that Seth wouldn’t have to wait too long to get to breakfast. When he came out he put his clothes in his hamper then turned around to look at me and when he did he said,” Wait isn’t that the outfit you purchased yesterday?”

“Yes it is I can see you are wearing the outfit you purchased yesterday too. It looks good on you.” I said, not just good but really, really, good, I thought

“Thanks but I don’t look half as good as you.” He complimented and I turned bright red.

“Thank you,” I said still blushing,” Ready to go?”

“Yes I am,” He said as he walked over to me and grabbed my hand.

“Hold on,” I said and he turned to me and he was really close to me, closer than most guys got to me and I momentarily forgot what I was going to ask him.” Are all vampires so cold?” I asked remembering what I was going to ask.

“Yes we are and werewolves are really warm.” He told me answering my next question,” I have a faster way to get to the cafeteria, get on my back and hold on.”

“Okay,” I said while jumping on his back.

Next thing I knew Seth was running, really, really fast and I was holding onto him really tightly. Then we were in the cafeteria.

“Holy crow,” I said getting off his back and almost falling over but Seth caught me.” That was fast.”

“I told you I had a faster way of getting here.” He said laughing

“Yeah, I’d say,” I said,” I have another question, sorry if I start get annoying with asking you all these questions. Tell me and I will stop.”

“Ask away, I’m happy you have so many questions. It is a good thing.” He said walking to the food area.

“Are vampires really pale, and are werewolves really tan?” I asked and thought; wow that was a really stupid question.

“Yes, vampires are mostly always pale, and werewolves are mostly always tan, but sometimes that doesn’t happen.” Seth explained;” Now I have a question for you.”

“What?” I asked him as I got some toast and he piled his plate with pancakes and bacon and fruit. I felt sorry for the plate holding all of that food. They must make indestructible plates for this school.

“Are humans always so pale, you are almost as pale as me?” Seth asked laughing and holding his arm up to mine and his skin was only a shade or two paler than mine, which is really sad.

“No, I’m just abnormally pale. My friends always make fun of me because they are so much tanner than me.” I said grabbing some orange juice.” Is that blood?” I asked Seth pointing to his “fruit punch”.

“No its “fruit punch, “He said making air quotes with one hand,” Yes it is blood.” I stuck my tongue out at him for him being smart.

We arrived at our table and not more than two seconds later the rest of the guys sat down.

“What are we doing today?” David asked sitting down next to me and shoving lots of egg into his mouth.

“Normally I can’t speak the language, “Food in Mouth,” but today I can so you are in luck. Whatever you guys want to do is fine with me.” I told him.

“Sorry,” David said swallowing his egg,” I wanted to play some football.” David said.

“Same,” everyone else pitched in.

“Yeah, football is awesome!” I said spazzing out.

“Not American football, uh British football.” David said.

“You’re no fun; I actually brought my American football with me.” I told David.

“Yeah I know,” David said stuffing more egg in his mouth.

“I have another question. Do the colors of the shirts, of our uniform, mean anything?” I asked, wow these questions are coming out of nowhere.

“Yes they do, vampires wear red and black colors, red top and black pants. Werewolves wear green and brown, green top and brown or tan pants. Then you as a human girl, I think the headmaster just chose a color for you which is any shade of blue.” Will informed me.

A good 20 minutes later everyone was finally done eating.

“I have an idea.” I proclaimed.

“What?” Sam asked.

“We should watch a movie today.” I told them excitedly proud that I came up with the idea. I guess they didn't want to play football that badly.

“Harry Potter marathon!” Matt screamed, and everyone agreed with him.

“Hey Kaylee did I tell you, you look hot today?” David said as we reached Seth’s and my room.

“No,” I said blushing

“Well,” Cooper started.

“You,” Matt said.

“Defiantly,” Seth said.

“Look,” Will said.

“Extremely,” Sam said.

“Smoking,” David said.

“Hot!” Everyone said all together then they tackled me to the floor right in front of my door.

“Don’t some of you have imprints?” I asked as they got off of me and at that point I was as bright as a tomato.

“So, does that mean we can’t compliment you?” David said, and I just shook my head and opened my door.

“Wait Kaylee, did Seth tell you who he imprinted on?” David asked.
I turned to Seth and said,” No he didn’t who did you imprint on?” After which David said something about having to get the Harry Potter movies, leaving Seth and I standing there.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not posting for a while. I hope you like it.

~Katie~