Complicated

Goodbyes aren't easy

All that we have is everything we need,I'll stand by you and you will stand by me. Won't listen to what they say.No baby there ain't no way. Nothing is ever going to come between us. Just you and me.

My phone started ringing..I smiled thinking of the person that ringtone is set for..Thomas.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey babe"

"Hey"

"Well I have some awesome news to tell you but first can you do me a favor?"

"Sure what is it?"

"Open your front door please?"

I looked out my window and surely there was Thomas.

"Haha yeah sure."

"Thank you." He said before he hung up.

As soon as the door opened there was Thomas looking as happy as a person can be.He gave me a peck on the lips then walked into the house.

"Why so happy Thomas?" Being the curious person I am I asked.

"It's about the band." was his reply.

I was still confused about what he meant by that.

"Care to explain?" I asked.

"Oh right sorry I didn't tell you but VFC just set a tour date!" He said picking me up and spinning me around.

"That's amazing!"

"Yeah but.." He said trailing off.

"but what?"

"It's a year long tour." He said not looking at me.

"Oh umm..that's great.." That's what I said but this is what was going through my mind.

A year!? One WHOLE year without seeing Thomas and Drew and the rest of the guys..

"Hey it's only a year.We'll see when we do shows here and you can go on tour with us." He said trying to cheer me up.

"But I just can't drop everything for a year.I'm sorry but I'm not going on tour with you and the guys."

"Why not? It'll be a lot of fun."

"I'm sorry Thomas but I just can't.I wanted to start college this fall and that's going to happen if I'm on tour with you and the guys."

"College? You never told me about that before." He said looking kinda hurt.

"I'm sorry but I was planning on telling you and the rest of the guys today."

"Oh..well I better start packing because we leave in 2 days.Short yeah I know." He said.

"Yeah guess so."

"I'll see you later." He replied while kissing me on my cheek and walking out.Somehow that felt like he just walked out of my life.

Quickly, I shook the thought away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 DAYS LATER

"So everyone's packed and ready?" Phoenix asked.

"Yes." Everyone replied in unison then as expected they started laughing.

"Ok guys now you have about 10 minutes to say goodbye." As soon as that was said I was tackled into a hug by..if you guess Drew then your right!

"Drew..can't..breathe.."

"Get over it.I won't be seeing you for a year so.." He said trailing off and slowly getting me go.

"Thank you." I said.

I looked up at him and noticed the sadness in his eyes. Drew and I have never been apart for more than a week or two. But a whole year that's going to be hard. Without realizing it tears were pouring down my face.

"Hey come on don't cry.I'll see when we do shows here and you can come and visit us anytime well when we're not on the road that is." He said smiling trying to lighten the mood.

"I know I'm sorry."

"It's ok.I'm gonna miss you baby sis!" He said pulling me in for another hug.

"And stay out of trouble!" He said pulling away so that the other guys can hug me.

David was the first.

"Take care of yourself Jo.I'll miss you." He said.

"I will.And I'll miss you too oh and do me a favor and don't give Drew candy after 12PM.He tends to be hyper and then can't fall asleep." I said smiling.

"Haha will do." He said walking off to say bye to some other people.

Jayk and Bobby were next and they told me the same thing Dave told me.Then last but not least was Thomas. He made sure I was the last person he had to say goodbye to.

"So I guess this is it." I said looking at my shoes.

"It's only for a year Jo.I'll see you when we're in town doing a show and I promise to call and text you everyday.And we both have webcams." He said trying to make everything seem better.

"I know but it still won't be the same."I said still looking at my shoes.

"Hey look at me." He said while putting his finger under my chin and pulling my face up to his.

"It's going to be fine.I love you and nothing will ever change that.No matter where I am." He said softly looking into my eyes.

"I love you too."

"Good.Now promise me you'll stay out of trouble?" He said smiling.

"Aww but I like trouble" I said smiling back at him.

"Yes I know that's why I'm asking you to stay out of it."

"Fine..Fine..I will."

"Good girl." He said pulling me in for a kiss.

I can't believe this is the last time I'm going to be seeing him.Last time being in his arms and the last time his sweet,soft lips are going to be on mine.And again without warning the tears came pouring down.Thomas pulled away concerned.

"Hey come on don't cry please.I hate it when you cry." He said wiping away the tears.

"I'm sorry."

"It's o-" He didn't get to finish that sentence becausePhoenixyelled that it's time for them to leave.

As I was about to let Thomas go he pulled me into another kiss one full of love and sorrow at the same time.I was the first to pull away and lay my head on his chest hugging him for the last time for the next year.

"I'm going to miss you Mr.Fiss." I said

"I'm going to miss you too Ms.Scott." He said smiling down at me.

"I love you." He said softly.

"I love you too."And with that we let each other go.

Him walking to the bus while I was standing there watching the person I love and my brother walk into a bus knowing that I won't be seeing them for a year.

I was happy that the guys finally get to live their dreams but sad that I'm losing my brother,my boyfriend,and my friends at the same time.

With one last hug and wave the bus drove off. Next time I'll be seeing them one year later.With that I walked back into the house and went straight up to my room.