Let the Flames Begin

Chapter 8

"Do you need help?" He asked, kneeling down and helping me pick my papers and cds up.

"Thanks," I said, grabbing papers and assorted cds and magazines together.

"No problem," He said, standing up. I slipped my pen into the side pocket and began to attempt to get up when a hand popped abruptly in front of my face.

I grabbed his hand and he helped me up.

"Thanks, again," I said smiling.

"No problem, again," He said smiling back.

"Mason, I see you've met Riley. Nice entrance," Mr. Wilson said, walking over to us.

"Hahaha," I said in monotone.

"Yup, so Mason you can go on and meet up with your band. I last saw them somewhere over there," He said pointing towards my cubicle.

"They could just meet in my cubicle, sir," I suggested, pointing to where I saw 2 guys sitting, one standing. He chuckled, and I allowed a snicker, then just smiled up at my boss.

"No sunglasses," he said smiling, then pushing my sunglasses on the top of my head.

"Sorry...Kelsei's got hers on!" I said pointing at Kelsei.

"Kelsei," He said, looking at her. She slid her glasses off and set them on her desk.

"Ah, Mr. Musso. How's the family?" Mr. Wilson asked.

"They're doing very well, sir." He said. At least he had manners. He had looks too.

"I'm going to let Riley escort you, I will see you today at 6pm, Riley, they'll tell you where we're meeting for dinner," He said looking at me in a wear-something-fancy look.

"Okay, sir," I said lifting my bag back on my shoulder. I started to walk along the crazy hallway.

"So, Riley...What's your last name?" He asked, moving his hands back and forth, clapping them when they reached in front of him.

"Scott," I said, laughing at his expression when he hit his arm on a water fountain, almost hitting it to the ground. He gained balence and caught it.

"Yeah, so much for being smooth," He said, wiping water off his hands on his jeans.

"Why would you wanna act 'smooth'?" I asked him, honestly curious.

"Eh, it's just that we haven't had an interviewer who was so pretty," He said, then turning his head, blushing.

"Thank you, you're sweet," I said blushing too.

"Thanks, so can I escort you to dinner tonight?" He asked looking down at me.

"Sure, but..."

"But what?"

"I need platform shoes, you're too tall," I said laughing.

"Sorry," he said crouching down and walking beside me.

"That makes me feel shorter!" I said laughing.

"Okay, fine...Would a piggy back ride make you feel better?"

"Maybe..."

"Fine, hop on," he said, turning around. I jumped on his back and he carried me to my cubicule, pretending to drop me 15 times. He then started spinning around in circles.

"I'm dizzy!" I said, holding on for dear life.

"Are you gonna puke?"

"Possibly," I said laughing.

He immediately stopped spinning.

"Thank you, Mason," I said resting my chin on his shoulder.

Mason's POV

"Thank you, Mason," she said, resting her chin on my shoulder. Holy crap...

You'd think I'd be...bothered by this. But I surprisingly wasn't.

She was a nice girl, and I was...kind of....falling for her.