You Don't Need Superpowers

Saige's POV

"Woah. I"m just so dizzy. Wait, no, nevermind. I'm just really uncomfortable. Did I tell you how stupid I am? Well, I slept on the futon (which is practically like sleeping on metal bars) instead of the bed. Sad, eh? What day is it?" These were my thoughts as I got out of bed. Then I heard voices downstairs. It sounded like Bill's voice. But it couldn't be, could it? I looked at my calendar. It was my birthday. Wait that meant... Gustav was back!

I ran down the stairs. "It's my birthday and I'll cry if I wanna, cry if I wanna, cry if I wanna. It's my birthady!" I saing, bounding into the kitchen.

"Somone's in a good mood." Bria said, leaning on the counter.

"Yeah, did you hear the words to the song I was singing? Or no?"

"No, I heard them."

"So did I. Happy birthday." GUstav came up behind me and I turned around. He was holding a box in his hands.

"What's this? YOu already got me enough jewelery..." I said, grabbing for it, greedily.

"Uh-uh. Not yet. Not until 9:34. Then you're nineteen. While you're still eighteen, I'll just be here." He smirked and I pushed his shoulder lightly.

"I'm back! Who missed me?" Georg came into the room, yelling loudly.

"I didn't." I said under my breath while Diane gave him a hug. Georg isn't my friend. He's just an aquaintance that I have to deal with.

"Logan! Guess what?" I yelled.

"It's your birthday!" he screamed back, hugging me and bouncing up and down.

"This feels wrong," I laughed. Bria just looked at me. "I want hugs from EVERYBODY!" They all swarmed me and practically squished me to death. Well, except for Ann, There was a lump of flesh and bodily-made things between us.

"Cake! Cake cake cake!" Charlotte screamed as a huge cake was brought out. Tom was carrying it in.

It had rainbows all over the place. Then someone walked in, following him.

"They wouldn't take no for an answer." He said, pointing to Melanee and Natalee. My eyes froze on the smiling faces.

"And now they will." I walked up to them. "YOu ruined my middle school life. You ruined my highschool career. You ruined Charlotte's hopes and dreams, and I hate you. Get out of my house. Get out!"

"Wait- Saige, I want to tell you something." Nat grabbed my wrist.

"What?" I glared daggers at her,

"Skyler..."

"I don't care."

"He's dead."

"Again, I don't care! Get out1 He's not a part of my life anymore, and neither are you! Get out!" I grabbed their ears and started dragging them out the door. Once they were outside, I slammed the door in their faces.

"Thanks, Tom. This day just got a whole lot worse." I stalked back off to my room, leaving him just staring at me.

"Wait-" he called, faintly.

"What?!" I screamed as loud as I could. My eyes glazed over with a type of gray hatred and he shut his mouth. I ran back up the stairs. Tears welled up in my eyes, but I wasn't letting go of them. I collapsed on my bed and sighed. Bria came up to try and calm me down. She couldn't do it though.

Love of mine
Someday you will die
But I'll be close behind
I'll follow you into the dark

No blinding lights
Or tunnels to gates of white
Just our hands clasped so tight
Waiting for the hint of a spark

If heaven and hell decide
That they both are satisfied
Illuminate the 'no's
On their vacancy signs

If there's no one beside you
When your sould embarks
Then I'll follow you
Into the dark.


Singing? WHo was singing? It wasn't Bill, or Bria or Ann, or any of my friends. I looked up. It was Gustav. I wiped my tears. My eyes had probably been ruined.

"Hey,"

"Hey."

"YOu know, Tom dodn't mean to. He didn't know who they were or anything like that. He took his own ride home to get the cake and they must've found him at the store. Will you forgive him?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine."

"You sure?"

"Mhmm." I got up and wiped all remains of makeup off my face. I was too lazy to put any on, s I walked back downstairs, bare-faced.

"YOu look so pretty like that!" Georg exclaimed.

"If you want to be alive at the end of the day, I suggest you stop with the flattery." I grinned maliciously.

"He's serious. YOu do look really pretty," Bill said.

"Bill, how do you feel when people tell you that you look pretty without your makeup?" I asked.

"I feel like they're lying."

"Exactly." I sat down in front of the cake.

"You want the first slice?"

"Chyeah!" I exclaimed and i was given the biggest piece. White cake, yum.

"Oh, and here's your present." Gustav said, handing me the box.

"Oh my god!" I opened the box and in it were Ten tickets back to America. Back to Ishpeming.

"We leave in two days." He smiled.

"But where are we staying?"

"Uhm, Bill and Tom rented and temporarily refurbished a place called... The Mather Inn?" They nodded at him.

"Have I told you lately that I love you?"

"Not yet today."

"I love you." I said, kissing him.

"I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
well, there go my ideas.

Now it's up to Bria.

comment/rate/subscribe.

oh, and the song is I will follow you into the dark by Death Cab For Cutie. I love them.
;]