One of the Guys

Chapter 2

Allie’s POV

No, no, no. God, you can’t let this happen.

I had been texting my friend who, has been through a lot. I mean, we're not really friends, and I don't know why she's telling me her life story, but I'll go along with it. She’s been raped, gotten drunk, had sex, and that’s how she’s been raised. Her name is Melissa Stroud. Her mother isn’t exactly the stay at home mom you think of normally.

Melissa keeps running away saying that she’s bringing everybody down. Is she? Ya, spiritually. But other than that? No. She’s accepted Christ so many times, but then goes right back to old habits. I’ve been told to stay away from her by a church aquaintance, but I don’t want to mark her down as a lost cause. Ugh. I want to tell someone… Someone who is not apart of the drama. Joe? I could, and I trust him, but I need someone older.... Kevin! Geez, why didn’t he come to mind sooner? I decided to call him, and luckily he answered.

Since I am an only child, he thought maybe he should come over here and we would have more privacy. Joe and Nick have been known to listen in on conversations before. Haha…good times, good times.

Sometimes, Kevin and I would purposefully talk about something gross or weird and then listen or watch for their reaction. It’s hilarious! Anywho, Kevin is always the one with the thinking cap on.

DING,DONG.

He’s here. I went and opened the door; there he was holding my favorite drink in his hand. Did I mention that I love Mrs. Jonas for raising her boys right? Well, I just did.

Joe’s POV

I was planning the whole weekend for my brothers, Allie, and I. We only have a month left before my bro’s and I go back on tour and our weekends are going to be action packed, fun-filled, and totally awesome!!! Tonight, I thought we would all go see a movie. I’m gonna let the other guys choose considering I have no clue as to what’s playing.

I ran up the stairs only to fall flat on my face…on the stairs.

“ Dude! What in the world are you doing?!” Nick said running out of his bedroom.

“ Oh, I just thought I’d sniff the carpet on the stairs…I FELL Nicholas!”

“ Oh,” He said as he helped me up, “ sorry.”

“Same.” I said.

“ Hey, we’re all going to see a movie tonight. Start thinking about what you wanna go see.” I told him.

“ Ok bro.”

Kevin’s POV

Allie had told me a little bit before about Melissa. And I’ve tried to give the best advice. Sometimes I don’t know what to say though. I wonder why she doesn’t tell Joe this? At least she’s telling someone. I know what it’s like to keep stuff like that in. She’s so mature for her age, but she shouldn’t have to juggle these things… Melissa shouldn’t have the life she does…

But God always has a reason.
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't really like this chapter. And I know. I give you all permission to shoot daggers with your eyes at me for not updating for a few months. I'm sorry. Please don't punish the story for it though. I've already started writing the next chapter, so hopefully I can update before I go on a mission trip next week.

Comment, Rate, and Subscribe!!! <3