Status: Finally complete 2/16/2011

Dreammakers and Heartbreakers

Someone To Appreciate Me

It's been 9 months since Derrick and I got together and I was ultimately happy. Today was the day we were celebrating our 9th month anniversary which I couldn't believe we made it this long but we were happy.

I was with Derrick at the movie seeing Black Swan after convincing him but I had to go out for a quick smoke. I got up and walked out of our theater towards the lobby door only to hear to recognizable voices. I turned to see DJ and Marie arguing in the lobby like a bunch of dumbasses. Poor DJ looked miserable but he chose her so he had to stick with her. I walked out with a grin on my face. I am happy with my choice. After about 3 months of becoming an official couple Derrick bought this beautiful house and I moved in with him. He also helped me put together a band which is still unnamed at this moment and we were in the studio everyday working on our debut album. I have never had a man in my life who believed in me so much but he did. I lit my cigarette and took a deep drag off of it.

"Hey, I thought I saw you in there." I turned to see DJ.

"Oh hey." I said.

"Why didn't you say hi?" He asked.

"You were preoccupied." I said.

He nodded and lit a cigarette.

"Listen, I'm sorry about what happened between us." He started.

"It's okay, I'm fine now and you helped me realize that I was missing something in my life." I said. I played with the promise ring that Tripp just gave me even though I didn't really want it.

"You're engaged?" He asked looking at the ring.

"No, but I do have a boyfriend." I smiled looking at the ring.

"He's lucky." He said.

"Actually, no I'm lucky. He appreciates me and encourages me which is something new but then again if you date your bestfriend it might turn into something amazing." I smiled again.

"I'm happy for you." He said.

"Thank you." I saw Derrick coming to the door. He opened it and narrowed his glance at DJ.

"Baby, you are missing the movie come on." He said.

"Okay. I'll be seeing you DJ." I smiled while putting out my cigarette. I walked over to Derrick and he kissed me.

"Let's go." He said while wrapping his arms around my waist.

I gave him another kiss while we walked away.

"Thank you." I said.

"What?" He asked.

"Thank you appreciating me." I smiled.

"Of course." He grinned and we walked back into the movie.