Status: Hiatus

The Four Stars

Chapter 2

Third Person P.O.V

The four friends arrive at the mall. They stand in front of the fountain talking before leaving to do as they please.

“We can all do what we want,” Juvien says glancing at each face, “we can meet back here at 2pm.”

“Okay.” Jullien says.

“Yea.” Joanine nods.

“Sure.” Geneve smiles.

Geneve, Joanine and Juvien leave Jullien standing by the fountain. “What am I supposed to do now? I have a lot of money, hmmmm, what am I going to do?” Jullien says to herself.

The three friends converse with each other about where they should go first. They decide to buy Jullien something for school tomorrow. “Jullien doesn’t care about tomorrow being the first day of our senior year.” Joanine pouts. “I want to make sure she looks really good.”

“I don’t know much about girl clothes and stuff,” Juvien responds putting air quotes around girl clothes, “but I’m willing to give my cousin Jullien some new things.”

“Anything for my girl,” Geneve boasts, “I want her to feel amazing.”

“Sure you do Geneve,” Joanine laughs, “she’s your girlfriend.”

“I know you’re mocking me Joanine. I guarantee you meant my soon-to-be-girlfriend.”

“Whatever. Hey, this should be our first stop.”

The four friends stop outside a store that sells burettes.

“Sure, we can go here first. How hard can it be to pick out a few hair accessories?” Juvien giggles stepping into the store. Joanine and Geneve follow him and look at the little jewels that are neatly placed on display.

Image

Jullien places both her hands in her pockets and lets out a sigh. “I’m not sure which one to choose, you choose for me.” She looks at the attendant behind the counter pleadingly. “You’re just going to watch a movie, just choose one, anyone.” He responds giggling.

Jullien is at the theatre waiting to see a movie, but before she goes in she decides to get some snacks. She huffs and decides to buy both the popcorn and skittles and an Ocean Spray strawberry cranberry.

“See that wasn’t hard,” the attendant says giving her the food.

“I only bought the two of them because you wouldn’t choose for me.” She says taking the food.

“Yeah, well enjoy the movie.” He smiles.

“Yeah thanks.” She walks away with the food. Jullien takes a seat at the back seconds before the movie starts. The lights dim and she begins eating her skittles.

Image

Geneve, Joanine and Juvien exit the first store they entered and begin walking towards a clothing store with one bag filled with burettes they bought for Jullien. “I think she’s going to love the one I picked out.” Juvien says folding his arms.

“Yea, she might,” Joanine smirks.

“Well, I think my darling will love the one I picked out, even if she thinks it’s not that beautiful.” Geneve says simply, but adding a small smile.

“Do you have to be so optimistic?” Joanine asks rolling her eyes.

“What? Don’t you like me being optimistic?”

“Well I do like it, but sometimes it can be annoying.”

“Hmmm, how about this: shut-up Joanine, I can’t stand you complaining all the time, I wonder how Juvien likes you. Do you prefer that?”

“I like it. Did you mean what you just said?”

“Does it matter?” Geneve asks staring at Juvien.

“Okay guys, this is the next store. Let’s go and see what goodies we’ll find for my dear cousin.” Juvien runs into the store like an excited six year old child.

Image

The movie is near an end and Jullien sits pleased with herself. She hasn’t done anything by herself for a while. I should do this more often, she thinks to herself. I wonder what they’re up to?

“I think we should get her the jeans and not the dress,” Geneve says seriously with his hands in the pockets of his shorts.

“Why?” Joanine asks frustrated clutching the jeans and dress in her hand.

“Be-cause Jullien loves jeans. She wears dresses when she wants, which is rare.” Geneve responds stressing the word because.

“But she should stop wearing so many jeans. She has enough jeans, let’s but the dress.” Joanine clutches the dress tighter.

“No Joanine, we should buy the jeans. Juvien what do you think? Afterall, Jullien is your cousin.” Geneve says calmly.

“You already know the answer.” Juvien says simply. Joanine gives him a death glare and purses her lips. Juvien notices and smirks. “Joan come on,” he puts his hand on her shoulder, “I know you want Jullien to be more of a girl, but Jullien doesn’t like that stuff so much.” He puts his other hand on her shoulder and pulls her toward him. “Let’s just buy her the jeans, don’t force anything on her ok?” Joanine sighs, “Fine.” Juvien quickly smiles, “Good babe, I bet she’ll love it.” Juvien places a kiss on her lips and slides his index finger down her nose. Joanine creates a smile on her face and shows her white teeth after Juvien gives her a tight hug.

“Okay guys we have two pairs of jeans, three shirts, one pair of flats and three burettes. Are we ready to go?” Geneve asks holding the bag with the burettes.

“Sure we are,” Joanine giggles holding Juvien’s arm.

“Good, so let’s go and meet my darling at the fountain after we pay for the clothes.”

“You guys can go and pay for the stuff then meet Jullien. I have to use the bathroom.”

“Okay.” Geneve walks to the cashier with the clothes.
“Alrgith babe.” Juvien gives Joanine another kiss and takes the money she gives him.

Jullien waits at the fountain patiently. She sees Geneve and Juvien walking towards her with shopping bags. “You guys did some shopping,” she says nodding her head.

“Yeah we did.” Juvien giggles

“Where is your girlfriend Juvien?”

“She went to use the bathroom, she’ll soon be here.”

Joanine walks towards her friends with a shopping bag in her hand, “Hey guys.” Geneve gives her a quizzically look. Joanine looks at him and smirks.

“So what did you do Jullien?” Geneve asks turning away from Joanine.

“I watched a movie,” she says smiling, “and the guy that works at the counter wouldn’t help me choose between the popcorn and skittles. So, I just bought both with an Ocean Spray strawberry cranberry drink.”

“That’s all you did for two hours, watch a movie?” Juvien asks surprised.

Jullien looks at him puzzled, “Yea, why?”

“Nothing, I’m just surprised.”

“I can see that. So what did you guys buy?” Jullien asks interested.

“Just some clothes and accessories,” Joanine says happily.

“Yes - did you force Juvien and Geneve to carry these bags for you Joanine?” Jullien asks narrowing her eyes.

Joanine is surprised by Jullien’s stare and answers. “No, Jullien. Right guys?”

“She’s telling the truth.” Juvien says.

“Right Joan,” Geneve nods.

“Okay. Can we go home now?” Jullien quickly asks.

“Well I guess,” Juvien says thoughtfully.

“Good.” Jullien says walking ahead of her friends to the exit.

Image

Geneve walks beside Joanine. He is suspicious of what she has in the bag. “What’s in the bag Joanine?” He asks staring at her.

“Why do you want to know Geneve?” She retorts with a smirk.

“Did you buy the dress I told you that we wouldn’t get for Jullien?”

“Maybe it’s the new lingerie I bought to surprise Juvien with.” Joanine smiles at Geneve mockingly.

“I’ll find out in due time what’s in that bag.”

“Good Geneve, my boy.” Joanine pats him on the shoulder and walks up to Juvien and holds his hand.

Image

The four friends walk on the sidewalk minutes before getting to their houses. Their houses are beside each other, which is easy access for not only the four friends, but their parents. Their parents have known each other since pre-school and ever since, they have been together. They had children, and now their children are best friends, more like a family.

Juvien giggles as Joanine says something to him. “Joanine that’s so funny.”

“What are you guys chatting about?” Jullien asks turning to face them and walking backwards.

“Just boyfriend-girlfriend-stuff Jules,” Juvien giggles when Joanine pokes him in the side.

“Yeah, the stuff people talk about when they’re in love.” Joanine stresses the phrase in love.

“Whatever.” Jullien says in a sing-song voice before turning around.

Before going to their own houses, Geneve tells the gang that their parents are at Joanine’s house in the backyard. “Cool,” Juvien says, “this is the perfect opportunity.”

“Perfect opportunity for what?” Jullien asks puzzled.

“Nothing important,” he says simply. After Jullien turns around, Juvien gives Geneve and Joanine a knowing smile. They nod their heads and follow behind Jullien into Joanine’s backyard.

Their parents stop talking and greet their children with hugs and kisses. “You guys are home already.” Mrs. Germer says surprised.

“We’re only here now because Jullien said she wanted to come home.” Juvien says to his mother. Jullien brushes Juvien off with her left hand and goes to sit in one of the patio chairs. Joanine and Geneve follow her and rest the bags on the nearby table before taking a seat.

“So, what did you guys do today?” Mr. Gustav asks.

Juvien answers quickly with excitement in his voice. “We went to the theme park, walked on the boardwalk, then Geneve jumped into the water and got Jullien wet. Geneve also begged her for a kiss, but she didn’t give in. We had lunch at Hamburger e Chip, went to the mall and then came home.”

Mr. Gustav chuckles at his son’s behaviour, “I see my son is still pursuing the one he so much desires.” He chuckles again and glances at Jullien. She thinks to herself, At least Juvien didn’t say anything about-

“And last, but not least,” Juvien takes the camera that Joanine gives to him. “While we were having our dessert, some gelato was on my dear cousin’s face.” Jullien looks at Juvien surprised, “Don’t you dare.” She says menacingly. “Oh I think I will Jullien. Geneve, the helping person he is, licked it off Jullien’s face and-I-have-the-evidence-to-prove-it.” Juvien says the last part quickly before running away from Jullien. Jullien is stopped by her uncle and struggles against him. “Thanks dad. Come on Jullien,” Juvien says placing the camera in front of Geneve’s parents. Their faces light up.

“Juvien you traitor, I’m gonna get you back for this!” She shouts stomping her foot.

“No worries, Jules, I’ll make it up to you.”

After everyone has seen the picture, Jullien’s uncle lets her go. She plops herself back down in her previous seat and pouts. “Jullien,” Mrs. Gustav smiles genuinely, “I like the picture. My boy Geneve truly likes you.” Jullien looks at Geneve’s smiling face, “What are you looking at?” She asks rudely. Geneve twirls a lock of her hair around his index finger, “I know you like me Jullien. You cannot deny it.” She turns away her face from him and begins to glare at Juvien.

“Aaaah! I think she just burned a hole in my forehead,” Juvien says frantic and covering his forehead with his palms.

“Oh whatever.” Jullien says kicking his foot.

“Ow! Auntie Lyn, Jullien just kicked me.” Juvien says in a child-like voice.

“Tell Juvien sorry Jullien,” her mother, Mrs. Candlethrope says sternly. Jullien looks at her surprised, “Mom,” she huffs, “he just embarrassed me in front of twelve people.” Her mother repeats with the same tone of voice she used before, “Tell him you’re sorry.” Jullien pouts and mutters, “Sorry.”

“Good, because we have some things for you,” Juvien says sitting up in his chair.

“What? Are you going to embarrass me again?”

“No.”

“We did do some shopping, but not for ourselves Jullien,” Joanine says pulling her chair closer.

“We went shopping for you,” Geneve says pulling his chair closer and putting the bags in front of her. “Go on, look at them and tell us what you think.”

Jullien looks at her friends suspiciously and opens the bags. She finds two pairs of jeans with embroided designs on the back pockets and one belt for each jeans, red and orange. The three shirts she finds are a plain blue sleeveless shirt, a white button down shirt and a green floral baby doll shirt. The pair of flats she takes out is black with a big black flower on the top. She takes the bag with the burettes and looks at the design; one is blue with little royal blue crystals forming a butterfly with a matching ribbon tied like a bow below it, the other burette is orange with candy-shaped crystals joined together swirling around each other, the last burette is a deep red with three flowers made out of cloth accompanied with a little curled ribbon that is attached to the bottom of each flower. She smiles at her gifts and sees a light flash above her eyes.

“Don’t kill me Jullien. I wanted to capture the moment.” Juvien backs away defensively.

“It’s okay. I totally forgive you,” she says smiling at him. “Thanks guys, I really love what you bought for me. I didn’t get you guys anything.”

“We just want you to look fabulous for the new school year.” Joanine says looking in her purse for something.

“Yea, we do. I got you the orange burette, Geneve got you the blue and Joanine picked out the red one.” Juvien says pointing to each.

“Thank you so much,” Jullien smiles looking at each of her friends.

“I have two more things to give you,” Joanine says giving her a shopping bag and a small box. Jullien takes the small box and opens it. She looks at it smiling, “Victoria’s Secret lip gloss and it’s a glittery pink. I love it!” She bends across the table giving Joanine a hug. “I knew you would love it. Now open the next one.” Jullien quickly opens the bag and pulls out a dress. She looks at the dress that has a black background with red and white flowers. “I love it!” Jullien shouts with a big smile. Joanine looks at Geneve and raises her left eyebrow, “What do you have to say Geneve?” Geneve responds with a smile, “My darling loves the dress.”

“I got you something too,” Juvien says playfully. He takes out a ring with a purple bluish butterfly out of his pocket and places on Jullien’s right index finger. “I love it Juvien.” She places a quick kiss on his cheek and smiles at him.

“I have something for you too,” Geneve takes out a jewelry box and gives it to Jullien. She opens it and her mouth forms an O. “Do you like it?” Geneve aks smiling. “No, I love it!” He places the silver bracelet with the half red heart on her left wrist. “Where’s the other half of the heart Geneve?” She asks after placing a kiss on his left cheek. “I have it,” He says showing her his right wrist. “Silly me, I never saw it on your hand.”

“I loved that you all bought gifts for Jullien,” Mrs. Bastille(Joanine’s mother) chimes waving her grape juice in the air. “We’ll all be having dinner here this evening and I hope it will be a grand night.”

“Yeah, it’s like a feast before you guys go back to school for your senior year.” Mr. Bastille (Joanine’s father) says leaning on the frame of the slide door. Cheers erupt and everyone begins to talk and laugh.

Geneve’s P.O.V

Jullien gets up and goes over to her parents. She says something to them and they nod at her. She returns to the table and gathers the bags. “Where are you going?” I ask her. She looks at me and smiles, “I’m going home. I’m going to take a shower and then take a nap.” I become sad when I hear that. “Aren’t you going to have dinner with all of us?” She chuckles, “Of course I am. Now will you please help me carry these bags?” I gladly take up the bags and turn to the screen door. “Guys, I’m going to have a shower and a nap. I’ll come back soon.” She says to Juvien and Joanine. They nod their heads at her and return to their conversation.

Jullien and I walk to her house. She opens the door and we go inside. We walk up to her room and I place the bags in the corner of her room. She takes of her shoes and puts her purse on her dresser. “Thanks for carrying the bags for me, I really appreciate it.”

“No problem.”

She walks towards me and smiles, “Yes Geneve I did I lie.”

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, “Lie about what?”

“I did like it when you took off the gelato.”

“Oh that,” I say chuckling. She looks at me and continues smiling. What is she thinking?

“You’re a handsome boy.” She pats my left cheek and laughs.

“You’re gorgeous.” I grasp her hand by surprise and pull her closer.

“Thank you.” She says with a hint of pink on her cheeks.

“Give me what I want.” I tell her in a deep tone.

She smirks and moves her head closer, “Geneve, you never give up. This is the third time you’ve asked me today.”

“I’m serious.”

“You are? I don’t think so.” She says mockingly.

I place my right hand on her waist and pull her closer, our heads almost touching. “You were saying?” I ask tilting my head to the right.

“Yeah right, you’re not -” I cut her off. I press my lips on hers. She laces her arms around my neck and moans. She’s kissing me back. I lick her lips and slip my tongue in her mouth. We wrestle with each other and she smiles beneath my lips clutching the back of my shirt. I hold her closer and she begins to trail small kisses on my jaw line up to my ear. When she gets to my ear she whispers, “You’re the first boy I ever kissed.” I face her and give her a wide smile, “You’re the first girl I ever kissed. Did you like it?” She gives me a kiss on the cheek and whispers in my ear, “I loved it.” She pulls away from the embrace and twirls her hair. “I have to get a bath now and take a nap. Can you come for me when dinner is ready?”

“Sure, I’ll see you in a few hours.” I turn ready to leave, but she stops me. “Geneve, don’t even think of telling anyone about this, ok?” I smile and run my fingers through my hair, “You don’t have to worry, I would never do that.” She walks towards me and holds both of my hands, “Good.” She presses her lips on mine again and pulls away with a smile. I take her by surprise by returning the kiss. I slowly pull away from her and walk backwards towards the door. “I’ll see you in a few hours.”

She giggles, “Yea, I’ll see you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay guys, I finally posted the second chapter. Just so you know, this chapter is 13 pages in Microsoft Word. Please comment people, I am asking you kindly. Who wants to make a banner for me? Thank you for waiting patiently. Oh, the next chapter will be chapter two part two because the dinner part has not yet come. So look out for that. Thanks guys, please comment and make me a banner!
P.S - If you read the first chapter, the outfits are now in the story. Just go to the beginning of chapter on and you will see the links for the outfits for each character.